Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

$200 wtf

#20wtfsGiven

It’s still a skin in Mobile Legend or any other Dota Game.

And those mobile game are gacha game, which is expected to have gacha as their core game play.

TOS is mmorpg that somehow trying to turn to gacha for their core mechanic. = =. Maybe Kim and the imc dev played too many gacha games in their spare time.

You are getting it wrong. It’s proven that Gachas are addicting no matter what genre. People are more inclined to roll the dice than see a long list of requirements to craft something.

Also, it’s not like RNG isn’t part of MMORPGs since long ago. Low drop rates are basically gacha by principle.

I’m not saying it’s right. It’s predatory and effective way to create an addiction.

2 Likes

I agree with you. Gacha is addicting no matter what the Genre.

RNG low drop is gacha by principle yes and it is part of the core gameplay in mmorpg. But I feel like other game devs always keep in mind of this RNG and not drown people in it. TOS on the other hand…gacha for everything.

Thanks for summing up all my feeling throughout the 3 months of playing this game as returning player.

They did something right at the start of the year and make this game playable, so I progress forward despite having to grind 500+ CMs.

Now all of those going to be easily obsolete, I decide to take my leave.
It was fun while it lasts, especially if you’re in an active guild. Tis a shame.

1 Like

Gacha is popular in many games, but imc make it suck in this game because there are no ways for a sure-win gacha, others game always have mechanics like after many gacha fails and have nothing you will have a good items at 100% chance. How about gacha in TOS ? Leticia and godess cube give RANDOM ( almost trash ) rank B or A after 25-50 cube, and worse, you never have a better chance after doing alot cm run without vaivora drop, fail enchanment multi times or extract ichor fails 50 times in a row. It always at the same chance no matter how many times you fail.

4 Likes

^this

IMC literally milks players who are willing to pay as much money as they can. Like he said, other games have RNG cubes too, but they are better since they give you a SPECIFIC rank A type of reward after getting nothing.

Tree of Savior is always 100% rng every try.

and like someone said before, nothing will change. Why? Coz players still buy TP.

5 Likes

That was me, I just didnt follow up on the post b/c another player whos guild I had recently left took the opportunity to attack my comment since I rarely post anymore.

I have played off and on since early 2016, I was an rng/falc/mergen before even you were on jchsc32, I took over dreamy’s scout guide in the old days when she left etc, been around a good while.

Sadly though no-one on the other end (imc) reads the forums or pays them any mind, but I get that people still need to vent.

1 Like

real talk, alot of ppl in my server quit after hearing the news about this patch, almost 10 from my guild are gone just from these past 3 weeks alone.
if this doesn’t tell you, IMC. that the direction you’re going is wrong, then i don’t know what will.

5 Likes

Times changed guys, it no longer the norm to wait a year to introduce new stuff end game gears. Games nowadays, players tend to be bored quite easily specially after hitting damage cap and gears for the cap level. After introducing the new cap and gears in less than a month everything will become the norm … leveling, spamming … etc. ToS has already been around for a while and the gameplay hasn’t changed much.

I’m still waiting for this game to be mobile …

1 Like

Bro, more like people easily get bored because Tree of Savior is not the only game in the market.

Players can easily quit the game because it is easily replaceable by other games.

I mean come on IMC, the world doesn’t revolve around you guys. When will you listen to players from iTos

1 Like

That’s usually how I feel about this game.

I think the world of the people who stick around despite the updates IMC decides on, but usually the thing I want to do when this game has a low point on it’s updates is play something else.

Farm Hell was never really all that fun or rewarding to begin with, and this update is has gone even more hilariously in that direction.
I don’t mind being considered a casual player if this is the content meant to be played.
It’s… really not very compelling.

4 Likes

You’re pretty biased here really.

TOS is always not a game for the majority, it’d always be the same 3k~ players that’d keep playing this game, so player retention is very important for this game, thus why we have events every month back to back.

Did you know how many “big games” I skipped in order to keep playing this game on a daily base to catch up? Why do I do that? Because I feel like I’m catching up to the end game content if I keep doing this everyday, and I have a little bit more fun the stronger I gets.

However the announcement for the past month literally says “screw this” and erase all my effort, showing I’d never catch up at this rate no matter how hard I tried.

3 Likes

Any rumors or hints for new classes?
I want my shepherd and luchador

Didnt understand you there but pretty sure we are on the same page here

The last statement about class release said they wouldn’t add new classes outside Archer and Scout for a while (as those are behind on selection poll) in exchange of doing reworks to specific classes. There’s no official list for which classes will be chosen for it but we can speculate based on the lack of any significant improvements when compared with others. It’s better to give up on those for now.

They said their plan was to make classes less alike, however we can’t be sure if they’ll stick to it given IMC history. If we take the 9 months gap of average time for new class release, there should be information on it by the end of August, but it may take longer depending on the total volume of changes applied to existing classes. Worst case, late November.

Of course, they may just add 2 new archer classes and 3 new scout classes and do the reworks on a later patch.

4 Likes

It’s always the same thing, people talk about stopping buying TP, but if the IMC just drops a new gasha or by a handle on another gasha called “museum” that everyone buys, IMC is certain, so that you can spend with dev, with improvement if the players keep playing? IMC is a company and it will always aim for profit, on the day you actually stop and give money to it, two ways:

1. It closes the server
  2. It improves it.

Let’s remember that even Koreans are not happy and are threatening “quit”, but the question remains:

They will, or will do like the westerners who only play unnecessary rage in forums, while staying afk in Klaipeda increasing the company’s score.

2 Likes

betting my tp on puppeteer for scout/archer :distinguished:

Preview of upcoming new ARTs and rebalance to existing ARTs

15 Likes

Excellent! Now buff Sage, 2 times zero dps = zero dps

5 Likes