Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

2 Likes

In general Cleric arts are often worse than the attributes, even if we look at popular Classes like Crusader or Exorcist. The main issue is that the theme/mechanics a class is built around often doesn’t allow for radical changes or directly/indirectly punishes them ( for example, if you convert Rubric and Katadikazo, Gregorate,Judgment & Capella will no longer boost their damage).

The developers ran the classes pretty much into a corner and are slowly realizing this (looking at the recent Monk/Inquisitor/Zealot rebalance for example), providing new approaches to the class.
This opens up different play styles outside the box (after all, every class will ultimately be surrounded by 3 other classes,including the base class) and makes designing arts more easy.

However, judging by the roadmap, we’ll have a tough road before us, with 1 art per class per year released (so 4 arts per build); chances are high that some of them will be useless or restrictive like for example the Cleric or Sadhu cloth armor arts (which, by the way, cannot be used together for whatever reason; if IMC continues this trend, we’ll see more and more people disappointed when they realize some arts are exclusive while others can overbuff a skill [looking at Corsairs Jolly Roger art effects and how they are all fine stacking, but Sadhu can’t have more Healing and more damage?]).

It’s good that they give decent attributes instead of arts,though, because then we don’t need to waste gems and tome pages on acquiring them.

And, back to the flame arts, even if it is not so overwhelming, at least this art works with all of your classes in the build, not just a single one like Monks Nirvana art that only triggers from Monks skill crits. So while the effect might seem underwhelming (although I cannot see how up to 4200% SFR more damage per 5-10 seconds in harder contents like CM/Dimensional Collapse is not worth the tome&points) at least it is not restricted to your one class but allows every single skill/attack to proc it with a really high chance of 20%.

If the new arts are going this route of being more accessible for the whole build then it might be a lot of improvement indeed.

3 Likes

Is the current status of cloth set really that bad? I mean if you’re a healer isn’t it worth it?

Just curious

1 Like

It’s not that the state is bad, but it is simply not needed in any content.
PVE relies more on leather and plate, and PVP is mostly plate simply because most classes deal physical damage.
You can also supplement lack of magic defense with enchanter shop, nuaele cards and Squire shop cloth arts, and then there is the magic damage reduction from enchant jewels,too.

So while cloth is not in a bad spot by itself, it’s also not really in a state where you want it for the benefit of being more light on your weight limit and the magic damage reduction.
Clerics will still want it for the free Healing boost that usually sacrifices 5% of their base attack they use and 5% of their unused attack value, which is a great trade-off.

3 Likes

Don’t worry guys, the more ARTS a class has, the more likely it is one of them will be good!

I still remember that blog post where IMC promised to balance ARTS regularly.

2 Likes

…and at the same time they disable reversi in content where it could actually matter :D…

5 Likes

I like this arts complaint thread ill add something

the arts we got :
hey, remember how we made you buy 100 levels of upgrades, that increased the damage of your already hard-hitting skill?
…we can give you 100 more levels to buy …yay

the arts that i thought we would get:
I see you have Rodelero on your character, that guy uses shields as a damage-dealing tool, how would you like to equip a second shield on your main hand increasing your blocking by a lot and adding both defense stats to your damage. …also look like a walking oyster

ye most arts are meh

7 Likes

i am also excited about the activities that are not related to killing monsters without stopping u.u this has so many possibilities i already have many ideas about it xD

1 Like

yeah.hire they guy who make all the fun stuff in MS2. like quiz one, man i love it a lot

1 Like

okay, i guess its a “no-no” word.

1 Like

for me they should have already made some kind of mini game or something with the cards.

1 Like

there used to be! A table appeared, 2 players bet and put down a card, a wheel spun and randomly chose an attribute such as weight, legs etc if your card had more you would win and get the losers card it was fun but risky XD I got beat hard by a sorc those were the days XD

1 Like

Karaliene Friedetti

Set Effect**
For every 20 attacks, your attack will inflict 4000% more Additional Damage.

Dragon Strength Lv 2
-Increases the Additional Damage bonus to 5200%.

This set effect from Karaliene Friedetti it’s work with AutoAttack only ?

1 Like

As far as I know it works with everything that is considered a basic attack.
This could include some skill effects that provide skill-based extra damage like Aspergillum and maybe even the new Ark trigger attacks, but I don’t have access to the test server so I cannot test this theory.

He’s talking about the set effect, which is that there will be a trigger effect every 20 attacks that deals 40 to 52 times the additional attack value. This should only trigger on basic attacks and probably skills/stances that count as such.

2 Likes

The Additional Damage stat increases damage dealt by a flat amount that works for all attacks.

Sorry, I misread his question. The text doesn’t specify basic attacks only, so it should work on every 20th attack, whether it’s from a skill or a basic attack.

1 Like

this weeks patch notes are just bug fixes.

By the way, did you check out the new packages for TP? Again there is a package with 3 diamond anvils, and the package with the new accessory set looks broken:

For those who’re wondering about the accessories(they come as +11 T10):

Stats Necklace:
+50 CON
+2 movement speed
+5 AOE Defense Ratio
+30% HP potion recovery

Stats Bracelet:
+50 CON
+1 movement speed
+2 AOE Attack Ratio
+15% SP potion recovery

Set stats:

2 set items (until level 450):

• Looting Chance +1000
  • +200% experience point gain

3 set items (until level 450):

• +100% damage against episode 12 quest bosses and challenge mode bosses
  • -50% damage from episode 12 quest bosses and challenge mode bosses
4 Likes

CM slave set. Not really that broken IMO

1 Like

only the 3 set seems relevant not really OP

they said we’ll have content-focused items on EP12+, so…

1 Like

massive new ktest patch:

2 Likes