Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

After all this years you shoulnt be surprise

2 Likes

Hmm
It’s a shame they make a new class based on what already exist, even just the naming or lore
It’s totally different case with re-releasing centurion, or release shepherd class because it’s currently not exist in game.

Releasing brand new class is a way for them to make the game feel somewhat new by bits, make it feel refreshed.
Though with this method its kinda questionable.
There surely still many lores involving scout class alike riding on mount

With this new method most old players first question would be “isn’t there hackapell already?”
And being answered with “this one for scouts”.

While theres gonna be “oh ok” people there will also “why? Why not something entirely new?” Kinda guy, those who demand more creativity and something fresh, especially scout bias.

Talk about development effort the difference of making enitrely new class vs reuse some element from what already exist are research for lore,create new master pic, sprites/3d model, and probably some quests related to the master. This way you make me built hypothesis rn you can’t cover that effort.

3 Likes

To be honest, I like their honesty for once in fully admitting that Scout’s new class, Hackapellite (Hackapel-Lite :rofl:), is a Swordsman extension class (instead of making things like Monk/Nak Muay or Chaplain/Crusader/Paladin).

I always felt like one of Re:Build’s sad points is that it split apart classes that could’ve worked well together, like crossbow Hackapell and Arbalester (OK, mounted Shining Burst sounds funny but still), or Schwarzer Reiter and Hackapell (heck, Hackapellite even has Ankle Sho- oh I mean Hackapell’s old Leg Shot). Schwarzer Reiters now have another mounted Scout class, all’s well that ends well I guess. All they need to do now is make Bullet Marker mount-usable (JK).

Not trying to say I like this approach to making new classes (I quite hate it really), I don’t want IMC to do something like Archer extension class Sapper for Scout AKA Pioneer, Scout extension class Enchanter for Wizards AKA Enchanterlite, or Cleric extension class Monk for Swordsman AKA Monke

Unrelated to that, I’m way more excited that IMC is finally lifting the bar between Physical and Magic DPS Clerics, since IMO the Archer Patch’s “Re:Build 4.0” balancing screwed the Cleric DPS sub-section the most. What used to be a selection of only 2/3 the class tree further divided by more than half due to Physical-Magic incompatibility and Chaplain being Additional Damage is now opened up so for a much wider selection of builds, set-up, gearing and flexibility to change in-between Physical and Magic (at the cost of investment I guess). Old theories once discarded can be put to test as well, like Inquisitor-Exorcist Demon Rubric combo, Inquisitor Exorcist-Crusader Dahlia, a Physical Plague Doctor for Physical DPS Clerics, a damage-synergized Zealot-Plague Doctor walking DPS build and so on.

Best part is I can finally do Monk Sadhu again. DPS Clerics now sorely lack both DPS and utilities anyway, at least now I can have a whole lot more fun experimenting with way more options.

I guess the next step is to make all advanced classes into NFTs so you can use them in any character, regardless of their base class.

2 Likes

As cleric player myself I won’t set my expectation that high until everything served here in itos.
Imc and tos takes statement “subject of changes” into another level

With enabling conversion like that it’s also gonna made their past work into an awkward situation, for example buffs
Let’s take an example of crusader
By making crusader physical it shall unlock chant into physical boost for all as it’s previously magic boost for all, it’s not personal buff
We knew it provide nice % boost when in physical cleric case it’s gonna be an alert since they recently nerfed zealot boost into personal buff so this extra % boost will get into account. That zealot nerf could’ve mean in imc calculation another source of dmg boost must not be exist in physical cleric as it will ruined their past balance stance. This situation will be another homework for them.
And yeah, this is just one of many many cases, there’s more to that from debuff, sub attack type like elements or strike/slash etcs
I welcome this conversion but then changing cleric skills damage type is like a tip of an iceberg, I believe theres more to that.
Thats another big adjustment await.

Kinda doubt they have the manpower to even think this possibility of entering nft market. They are getting overwhelmed by class rebalancing. Yeah re, cause if its just balancing you should’ve called a state balance but funny it never was a case for everything they did, it’s too repetitive.

1 Like

As long as its more fun for me I guess (ignoring the balancing aspect for a bit) :rofl:.

Looking at the meta in KToS, I start to miss the old XXX-XXX-Krivis DPS meta a little when all I see now are the currently immutable Monk-Zealot-Druid and Plague Doctor-Crusader-Druid meta in KToS nowadays that still can’t match the DPS of other trees. If the Cleric DPS’s damage is going to be lacking anyway, at least I can have the freedom to pursue whatever builds I like … lets just hope IMC doesn’t ruin that fun somehow, how can things get worse from here really. :sweat_smile:

Good thing the Cleric changes are coming in Scout patch rather than having to wait on months for the next Cleric month so we can check things out.

its originally hakkapeliitta, so yeah hackapell, hackapelite its pretty much the same thing

regarding stats/skills balancing the situation is harder for imc because they cant do whole classes balancing at once and resort to balance it partially which end up worsen “meta reigns” situation.

Additionally this partial balancing feels like it doesnt have any set goals, its like they have no idea where the finish line is or the finish lines keep on moving while they move on slowly, their set goals keeps changing given how they keep repeats this cycle. this cycles may happen for a beta game that need fixed state/standard and thats during tests phase. tbh i never played any mmo with skills balancing this intense. no wonder people still think this game is beta. theres a big different on how big a changes can be applied during test phase and after released. when its changed intensely during released, its gonna questions the users about the contents integrity. most users wouldnt want things to changed so much because its annoyed them, simply saying when this happens its not ready to be released.

still its not the balancing not needed, its just the developments become somewhat a joke for a released-state game. sadly this update pattern even influenced its players like “i wonder whether my favorite class will get buffed or nerfed in the next patch, will it still be meta”. thats certainly not a healthy development state, where imc and players (or just players) dream for a balance but its almost feels like the balance state is not even defined to begin with.

2 Likes

This discussion makes me think of a bygone time: one where Re:Build had just landed, and I took up Inquisitor/Chaplain/Exorcist. Using Capella → Judgment → Rubric for massive Holy damage. Using Gregorate near Pears of Anguish to multi-cast Gregorate. The mixed damage scaling was a problem, but the high damage potential and this feeling that I had finally “found it” made up for that.

I don’t think that this will be that. Of course, I can’t deny that I’d like to try a Ripper Rubric Dahlia build without having to worry about gearing out for mixed damage. At long last, the holy book classes can be reunited.

KTest patch is here guys. They really do be extending the buffs/debuffs to both physical and magic build types, and it seems the toggle attribute to turn the whole build physical or magic will be from the base Cleric class from now on.

AA Bullet Marker looking a little eh …

1 Like

Little surprised? at the tiger/arquebus SFR buffs, though it’ll require a lot more than that to make them a bit more DPS competitive. Would really need an attribute to completely remove the charge time from tiger hunting, it’s just not usable at all in its current state in PVE content. Really like both in PVP though so far.

Looks like Linker is getting the good ol’ IMC classic:
-get a skill nerfed
-get a vaivora with the old effect of the skill

at least they’re reworking the other skills but damn this is sad

1 Like

Another KTest patch haha, removed physical restrictions on Smite and … removed physical stats from Miko Vaivora … oh boy. Bullet Marker and Musketeer buffs too, good thing they changed Bullet Marker a bit before going to KToS.

KTest patch coming to KToS.

@sin690906 Old but gold meme, though I really wish IMC can increase the population somehow.

2 Likes

WEATHER SYSTEM

Fun. Someday they should also add rain and extend this to all the maps, feels silly to have constant storm in Akmen Ridge (but maybe there is a reason related to the plot?)

3 Likes

Right
As the world only have two weather and it’s sunny and snowy :crazy_face:
Personally I would rather rainy of all weather, with good petrichor vibe bgm

Imc still have granados Espada which seems doin better than tos and probably tos mobile later, so I think the low tos player base will just affect tos itself

Wow. So many palyers.

1 Like

3 Likes

Haha I was sure it will be electromancer (or whatever it will be called) I’m almost sure the wizard that will be reworked will be alchemist at last but that’s in…june? july?.. still have to wait a lot for that.

I also wish they would change the schedule to make cleric new class come after this but I guess they won’t X)…

4 Likes