Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

Now that the initial shock of the broad strokes of the KToS changes has worn off, I’ve decided to look into some of the specifics. The Inquisitor-Dievdirbys cdr core is still a thing, thankfully. The main change is that Laima statue has been nerfed (lvl14/28% cdr → lvl12&13/11% cdr). It will be possible for me to drop the Statue of Goddess Laima skill gem. Alternatively, I suppose I could keep the gem but drop Memory Leap and use lv4 Outrage/three lv4 Coordination for more damage overall.

Whether or not I keep Druid remains to be seen. Lycanthropy: Human Form, Sterea Trofh, and Hengestone will be missed. However, the improvements to Lycanthropy’s uptime might make it a viable “filler mode” for when my main burst damage skills are on cooldown. If Carnivory’s changes mean it’s a straightforward DoT skill now, I have enough free skill points to do “the funny” by using Firent’s Transpose STR/CON and Lycanthropy at the same time. If I ever reach 4,000 STR one of these days, I might be able to have 4,000 CON on top of Werewolf’s 2x HP.

All in all not too bad. As long as I have a reason to keep pursuing my current main build or some semblance of it, I’ll keep playing.

1 Like

Likewise, after I let the initial shock pass and get more perspective, I am … still not a fan of the Monk part, though I can understand why other class trees are generally more positive about the changes.

Everyone is looking for class changes after the Goddess Patch and IMC is being extremely slow after 5 months of technically no content due to the Goddess Patch and the months thereafter due to IMC’s schedule. Swordsmen Month was a failure, Archers want a change of pace outside the Ranger-QS-Arbalester combo, Wizards have been too stifled by IMC’s odd restricting of element-based builds and Scouts have been overloaded with Sheriff-Linkers. I personally am a fan of Wizards no longer being locked by elements and am happy that Swordsmen got their buff restrictions removed (why add them in the first place with all the grandiose reasonings they had, only to remove them so easily). To other class trees, these changes are a great change of pace and are welcomed in general.

With that said, Clerics just had Cleric patch last month (we were one patch away from receiving it too), and all was needed after that patch was to buff Druid to contest Krivis (and maybe nerf Miko) for the tree to be in balance. Its only been less than a month, and all IMC needed to do was reduce the skill factors flatly across the board unless some classes really needed it (Inquisitor God Smash needed boosts to be more useful in its default state, Druid needing SFR boosts across the board and has an identity crisis etc). There really was no need to change much of the SFR distribution aside minor tweaks.

(Nonsense Rant Part) I’ll make this clear, I don’t have a problem with them reducing SFRs since they are reducing enemy stats as well, I have a problem with how they distributed the SFRs (specifically Monk). The Cleric patch had some good thought into it (for once), like finally giving Zealot getting more SFR and it’s Beady Eyed buff more duration, Inquisitor Judgement Art finally getting use and Monk getting its SFR in the right places with its new playstyle without Nirvana Energy Blast. Compared to the Cleric patch, these changes does feel rather thoughtless, especially with how IMC can even let Pardoner get bonkers SFR on Discerning Evil and Decatose to begin with, implying they simply did some lazy quick math without understanding the context of the skills and the classes. With regards to Monk, the Cleric Patch showed they understood what are the important skills for Monk (Palm Strike + Hand Knife for burst off-cooldown, God Finger Flick buff and One Inch Punch CC for Thunder Kick interval proc every 3.5s now that Energy Blast Nirvana is gone), but on Archer Patch, its like they unlearned Monk and pushed more of the SFR towards the CC skill One Inch Punch and the buff skill God Finger Flick (imagine coin flicking is Monk’s 2nd best DPS skill behind Double Punch now). Monks with Monk Vaivora will never be able to utilize those due to a strict 30-point requirement into Double Punch and Palm Strike to begin with, leaving 15 points to share between the rest. Due to rotation, Hand Knife combo timing, thunder kick and skill point issues that will make this rant much longer, the shift in SFR that IMC placed on God Finger Flick and One Inch Punch will never be utilized where they would’ve in Cleric Patch. I also feel like they deleted a lot more things than they should’ve but not delete the things that they should (deleting a lot of Paladin Barrier attributes, but not delete Paladin’s most unused skill, Sanctuary), but that’s for another time. Its as if the ones working on Cleric Patch and Archer Patch are two different people or they simply forgot the progress they did last month or something.

Of course, as long as the class deals big damage, one can say it doesn’t matter which I agree to some extent. I’ll wait for KToS WBR results for a few weeks before bringing up a potential issue I hope doesn’t come out. With how IMC practically removed class synergies and buffs outside self, the Cleric DPS identity that does lower damage in exchange for party utility is now gone and Cleric DPS is just another DPS. I sincerely hope they still don’t balance Cleric DPS markedly lower than other Class trees since that’s out of the way.

On a side note, Cleric’s Smite remains unchanged and actually looks like good DPS for a base class skill (950% on a 1s cooldown), it has potential seeing how it has 50% demon bonus for Inquisitor Judgement Art synergy and x3 hits with Paladin’s Conviction. Its also interesting how KToS Clerics are picking up Midnight Baptism now instead of Overload and Saint Oath, that set does theoretically deal better damage though I don’t think its as practical in various situations. With Chaplains being one of the only classes to shine with Saint Oath to switch to Midnight Baptism, I do wonder what will happen to Saint Oath, Swift Ark and auto-attack builds in general. Because of that, I have a feeling that Midnight Baptism on Clerics may be more of an unintended oversight (somewhat hoping its not, it is an interesting build option for once).

2 Likes

I think that’s fixed if you check the KTOS skillplanner instead of KTEST.

I think Midnight Baptism definitely should be an option for clerics but it shouldn’t overwrite saint oath for chaplains.

2 Likes

Yes its fixed, but the fact that it managed to even make it to KTest in itself does bring up some … questions.

The Midnight Baptism option does sound interesting but for Chaplains and the classes around them (Chaplain-Zealot-Inquisitor is mostly raw damage over additional damage), Midnight Baptism does sound better in theory since it affects both auto-attacks and skills. Heck, any build can use it since Clerics aren’t bound by weapon restrictions, maybe that’s why IMC added INT stats to the armor. Then again, its a pain to get a block up first for its measly uptime. HG F2 grinding and solo bossing sounds like a great situation for blocking but it does sound like it’ll fall off in other situations.

1 Like

interesting. What is this? I never seen or heard of it.

Transpose is an old skill, previously used by Thaumaturge. What it does is quite simple: the character’s INT and CON stats are swapped. Firent has a version of this skill that instead swaps STR and CON. Druids can use this skill if they become Firent.

This is a fairly old recording, by the way. I’m at around 3,600 STR, but I’m holding off until 4k before I ever try to do this again.

I’m back with a Fletcher review :’)

There wasn’t as much to cover and thankfully there were no discrepancies from IMC’s dev blog, unlike Hwarang, but I hope it’s still somewhat useful. If you have any questions about the recent patch, feel free to ask and I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

8 Likes

Can you list some of the Archer tree that uses channeling?

Block and Shoot (Quarrel Shooter)
Cannon Blast (Cannoneer)
Precision Fire (Arquebusier)
Shining Burst (Arbalester)
Arrow Dancing (Hwarang)

I think it’s just those 5 skills. :thinking:

2 Likes

thanks, noted! i’m trying to go for channel skills but I just saw IMC gonna give us alot of resets when hwarang comes XD

Ah, ok. I remember this now . Transpose hasn’t been in the Thaum tree for so long that I forgot what it was. Interesting to know that it still exists in the game on a monster Druid can transform into.
So my question is, you mentioned it has a short duration. How long actually is it?

https://tos.neet.tv/misc/buffs/5065
Really unremarkable. The buff ends before you can do anything with it.

1 Like

RELIC GAMING

popochu

1 Like

the heck. … is it going to be cap 20??? i tot it was 10 …

It was always capped at 20 in kToS. It was just never raised in iToS for some reason.

It’ll be fine. Even Ragnarok is still going strong on everyone’s nostalgia. TOS will certainly be around for at least another decade (even if it’s on life support) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Given that differently-smart people are drooling over a ktos whale melting bosses thinking that another meta shift is a good thing, I’m sure that itos die hard whales will pay the bills while circlejerking.
And even if RO pservers have more players than tos, it worked with allods, so who am I to say otherwise?
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

i think more people quit and playing lost ark next year

Unrelated: the idea that people are jumping ship from one KMMO to another KMMO thinking it will solve any inherent issues that ALL KMMOs have, just because it’s newer, is laughable.

People who have issues with ToS will have issues with Lost Ark’s p2w, gameplay loop, class balancing, etc. once the initial excitement wears away, then they’ll go on the forums to spam about “why game is dying” to people who generally don’t care.

:haha:

Related: New patch balancing looks interesting and I’m excited to be able to swap my build and experiment with other things instead of the “synergy” people are talking about forcing me into one of two or three very finetuned “optimal” builds that people are scared of the rebalancing doing.

News Flash, the game is already the way you’re fearing the patch will make it, and there will be a meta regardless of rebalancing efforts because there will always be something more min-max-y than something else. What this patch has demonstrated so far, is there’s actually MORE variety in options due to things not being hilariously overtuned in the same way with all the power concentrated on one to two classes.

They had the restrictions to avoid everyone just taking the strongest buffs of each weapon and having impossible to balance +%/final/crit damage interactions. Now that they removed most buffs from affecting all classes, there’s no reason to do that. The patch was a net-positive from design simplicity, balance, and variety for Swordsmen as evidenced here.

9 Likes

Haha I know, though to be fair the example they used for that to justify the changes back then was hilarious to begin with (Fencer-Highlander-Hoplite).

57tmsw5gsh181

Sums up my own impression of the Dev team thus far, bringing such changes a month or two in-between each other. This is my personal and mistaken bad take, but it feels they couldn’t do the best things right away, but make things worse first in that Swordsman Patch with almost nothing but buff changes, before fixing it to pretend like they made progress.

7 Likes