Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

Unrelated: the idea that people are jumping ship from one KMMO to another KMMO thinking it will solve any inherent issues that ALL KMMOs have, just because it’s newer, is laughable.

People who have issues with ToS will have issues with Lost Ark’s p2w, gameplay loop, class balancing, etc. once the initial excitement wears away, then they’ll go on the forums to spam about “why game is dying” to people who generally don’t care.

:haha:

Related: New patch balancing looks interesting and I’m excited to be able to swap my build and experiment with other things instead of the “synergy” people are talking about forcing me into one of two or three very finetuned “optimal” builds that people are scared of the rebalancing doing.

News Flash, the game is already the way you’re fearing the patch will make it, and there will be a meta regardless of rebalancing efforts because there will always be something more min-max-y than something else. What this patch has demonstrated so far, is there’s actually MORE variety in options due to things not being hilariously overtuned in the same way with all the power concentrated on one to two classes.

They had the restrictions to avoid everyone just taking the strongest buffs of each weapon and having impossible to balance +%/final/crit damage interactions. Now that they removed most buffs from affecting all classes, there’s no reason to do that. The patch was a net-positive from design simplicity, balance, and variety for Swordsmen as evidenced here.

9 Likes

Haha I know, though to be fair the example they used for that to justify the changes back then was hilarious to begin with (Fencer-Highlander-Hoplite).

57tmsw5gsh181

Sums up my own impression of the Dev team thus far, bringing such changes a month or two in-between each other. This is my personal and mistaken bad take, but it feels they couldn’t do the best things right away, but make things worse first in that Swordsman Patch with almost nothing but buff changes, before fixing it to pretend like they made progress.

7 Likes

I wonder if this game can’t survive longer with so few players.
Let’s see.

As someone who switches between dozens of MMO and never really stick to one for years, switching MMO never really about give damn of how the game solve MMO inherent issue whatsoever, it’s mostly about what the game offer.

MMO offers two, journey and grind. Journey is doing something adventurous and fresh, and grind is the repetitive loop that keep players busy and stick to the game

The current situation is tos journey side is lacking and in a state of “to be continue”, pretty much like many mmo, and tos grind is just so freaking boring, monotone and doesn’t really give a vibe of MMO anymore.

If you really defend tos is great for keeping it’s MMO key aspects, you clearly need to expand your MMO experience cause so far Imc decisions killed a lot of feature that more resembles MMO and I already posted these points alot across this forum.

And yet here’s another decision where they cutting synergies between classes of it’s class combo system. It’s definitely give more freedom to mix classes, but it’s also kill the joy of build theory crafting skill side.

I appreciate the positive attitude and it’s quite understandable if you are wiz or swordie with wiz becoming less strict with elements and sword with their buffs, but skill interaction wise? it’s just go dim. It’s become even more boring with less skill interactions/synergies.

The choice was always been to go with more synergies to enrich the combinations or to have nothing at all to free it from “restriction”. Sadly they chose to remove it.

Again I never blame imc. This decision may be the most affordable for their current situation to sorta balance the game. But again it’s just sad.

Lastly that active skills become passive is just another hilarious joke they made to their own skill system. Aren’t we have attribute? This is like another time when they invented arts when it’s actually just another pricey attribute that cost item and sorta separated it from attribute just to end up putting it together now in one tab. It’s efficient but it’s also hilarious.

3 Likes

More SFR rebalancing and changes. In light of IMC’s efforts to eliminate class synergy and make each class have its own individual performance, IMC made Zealot’s Fanaticism buff benefit only Zealot skills … and then proceeded to make Crusader’s Chants buff benefit all Magic skills.

I think I get it now with the recent SFR changes, IMC’s wayward changes and why IMC pushed them out so quickly to KToS. I feel like there simply isn’t anyone who tests the changes vigorously in KTest for IMC to find out anything so they might as well push whatever as fast as possible to KToS once they confirmed there is no bugs for a day so that KToS will be the true testing grounds for their experiments and balancing. Otherwise, I really don’t understand why they changed Crusader’s Chants other than experimenting on build-wide buffs in Magic Clerics so they can nerf Chants later just like with Zealot’s Fanaticism.

KToS is the true KTest, feels bad for them.

2 Likes

Rip Implosion, just when it finally became usable, it was killed again.
Nerf to Hail sfr is also disappointing - it wasn’t even a strong skill to begin with.

But hey, maybe that’s just me being annoyed since I had plans on maining Ele-Terra. :tired:

I understand the changes, but this make me feel down, a lot of change week after week.
Now I don’t know what the impact with this change from Fanatcism on Chaplain…
Class with specific ichor suffer a lot with this changes. I don’t have a lot sandras to change the build each week.
When I finally complit my Saint Oath lvl 3 I descovery that new meta is Midnight set…
:tired:

1 Like

Clearly IMC doesn’t have favorites… Except Crusader…
And clearly Templar’s Damage needed to be nerfed…

4 Likes

Do NOT over-plan for now because there will be vvr and demon/goddess armor extraction tickets.

As usual, just lightly be noted of what will be happening and the changes, and when they are bound to reach us as it, then you can start serious planning with it.

Armor Extracts
icon_item_cabinet_extract_ticket_god_armoricon_item_cabinet_open_ticket_god_armor_lv1icon_item_cabinet_open_ticket_god_armor_lv2icon_item_cabinet_open_ticket_god_armor_lv3

Vaivora Extracts
icon_item_cabinet_extract_ticket_viboraicon_item_cabinet_open_ticket_vibora_lv1icon_item_cabinet_open_ticket_vibora_lv2icon_item_cabinet_open_ticket_vibora_lv3icon_item_cabinet_open_ticket_vibora_lv4

4 Likes

it’s work like a conversion?
I need to have armor set “X” to convert in “Y”?

• The method of applying the linker’s ’ joint penalty ’ skill effect has been changed .

In the past, when enemies affected by the joint penalty link receive area damage, all objects delivered the damage received individually , but after the change, only 1 main target object among the enemies affected by the joint will deliver the damage received . Linker Party buffer and classes, but to spread a single attack wide , now we’ve got the damage amplification to greatly exceed the performance using area of effect attacks is to fix it . It will be further modified into a more interesting and stable class in the future reorganization .

Uhhh … is this a huge nerf in terms of damage? just when I’m starting my scout this week … O,O

Yes. If you have, let’s say, an Orbital Arrow lvl4 registered in the Equipment Storage you can extract it for a voucher that can be used to unlock any Vaivora at lvl4.

2 Likes

everyone rages until imc release new cute costumes.
typical.

It is, for aoe. If i understand JP correctly, let’s say there are 3 mobs in front of you, you link them with JP and cast an AoE skill, the damage each one of them will recieve from that AoE will bounce to one another, causing massive damage. Mob A will share damage with mob B and C. And same goes with the other 2. You use a fake multi-hit skill like Peacemaker or Fanning then well, you know.

This change, again if i understand it correctly, only your main target will be able to share the damage recieved.

(A Google Translate of a recent interview someone did before the 12/2 KToS patch notes with WBR-ranked KToS players on the latest balance changes)

Just quoting this particular bit of the interview, seems like anyone that can use a shield might as well be a Vakarine user at this point while Wizards and Archers build around Gabija and Dahlia though, sounds like building around synergies (which, IMC was hell bent on removing on the balance patch).

I recall of a bugfix related to Midnight Baptism is happening on the latest 12/2 KToS patch, I wonder what will it change with regards to how Baptism works.

It looks like the bugfix was cause Midnight Baphtism was activating without a shield. I guess Dagger Guard/Parrying Dagger.

(Another excerpt from the same interview)

Might as well I post the interview link here as well, yeah its the Dagger stuff as well, but even Clerics are doing something like that with Midnight Baptism as well by putting the shield on 2nd pair slot. I wonder how far IMC is going to allow with Midnight Baptism’s usability on builds, it does sound promising in theory compared to Overlord (and even Saint Oath since it affects all skills, not just auto-attack) aside from Midnight Baptism’s block requirement.

It would be useful on classes that have to get near the enemy, so that you can block. For ranged DPS Overload seems better (except specific Channel/Cast Skills)

Oh, so only the the main linked monster is gonna get all the damage O,O … gg time to shift to another farmer class …

d1993943d6a0e51dea24ed2b0d986bc1e6de129f

IMC, the meme that keeps on meme-ing.

Jokes aside, they tweaked more stuff to the patch, plus Uphill and DCP being deleted, I think. Also, what did Resist Elements do to deserve the deletion? IMC is really going hard on the no synergy, even limiting Summoner debuffs to their own classes.

4 Likes