Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

they reduce sfr but not all classes, many class have 8k+ sfr , and take in mind low sfr, bad DR ark performance.

Yep. Fencer was based over sustained damage. With those changes it lost a 40% final damage increase it had for 40s out of 59s, epee garde has gone from 100% to 25% uptime keeping the same coefficent (and that one was already nerfed back then when they made epee garde working with all damage types the first time). Skills…30% SFR for sept etoile, 26% for attaque composee, 21% for balestra fente, around 34% SFR for fleche and 36% for Esquive toucher (that nobody uses due to lack of points as 3 out of 5 attack skills are 15 point ones).

And on the other spectrum you have Blossom Blader that got his final damage on crit buff only slightly nerfed from 100 to 90%, still 20s out of 60.Blossom slash is 50% of previous SFR, Flash is 68%, control blade is 50%, fallen blossom keeps 85% of SFR.

Changes all over the place, truly.

Edit: for fairness i also checked Matador and that one was impacted far less, with a surprise .Corrida lvl 5 goes down from 1395x3 to 1171x3 (84%), paso doble got 53% sfr (so down to 898x4), Faena retained 75% SFR (so 506%x8), and muleta was somehow buffed as hell (gone from 462% SFR at level 10 to 4112%). Still, fencer buffs worked here as well, so it has to make up for the loss (banderillero got buffed from 15% to all skills vs boss and large to 75%, but only with matador skills, but it doesn’t make up for those final damage buffs…and matador skills weren’t very poweful to begin with, anyway).
We’ll see, but rapier classes aren’t really coming out in a good shape from those changes…

1 Like

Bruh
151% Noice, it’s like, pew pew with plastic Nerf

1 Like

Hi, I’ve written a post about the new Hwarang class. If you’d like to know more about it, just read the review linked below.

6 Likes

So basically we’re back in 2017 when SFRs were much lower and monsters much less powerful. That’s probably to counter the fact that there are more episodes coming and the mobs would have too many hps by then. Same as EXP resets at specific levels.

5 Likes

76697360_2826044497440901_5906734184201715712_n

1 Like

They turned the game into an unending beta test, with the always-changing system and all. I can see how they want to tone-down the damage figures. But what they are doing now is a just a band-aid solution that will only last until the next equipment update. It’s just futile.

The way I see it, the problem is that they set the game up so that players are always chasing numbers. With this, everything becomes temporary. Most players keep on changing to whatever classes gives the maximum damage figures. There’s really no real attachment to the character, that is why it is easy for many to leave the game.

2 Likes

It has been like that since forever, remember ET?
No meta, no party.
Now with a smaller playerbase is possibly worse.

1 Like

Well the patch is coming to Ktos. 트리 오브 세이비어
There are some changes from the Ktest version.

1 Like

They tested it 2 whole days and korean players are really happy, what can possibly go wrong going live with untested changes?

1 Like

킹기황줘TV streamed a while ago and showcasing the changes and how it impact the overall gameplay. It’s pretty good. Less digits and hitting capped at the same time. The guy is clearing the 2F HG more faster than usual with the new Midnight Baptism setup 2h + trinket/1h + shield goddess dual setup.

P.S. blocking with Midnight now provide % all damage increase instead of shield only.

10 Likes

8 hours omg … guess i’kk have something to watch while afk fishing … thanks!

Check around 5 hours time-stamp. That’s when he showcase the 2F HG new farming process.

1 Like

thanks! the way he melts bosses … O,O

that’s the opposite. A game updating constantly keeps it fresh.

3 Likes

It ain’t that simple. New content does that, reworks and rebalance don’t always work that way, it depends on how much of the content is changed and also the commitment required from players. There has to be some degree of reliability as well.

Just imagine how would a “Sadhu main” feel seeing the class losing its identity to become a generic DPS class just to go back to the original design but having an almost brand new skill set again and no guarantee it will be re-reverted again. Same applies to any less drastic change that may push certain classes out of popular builds and/or focus on different classes as the core.

They can either make it fresh and/or burn players.

1 Like

surprisingly i actually look forward to big changes like these so that i can theorycraft again and come up with various builds for wizards etc :hey:

11 Likes

tiger

5 Likes

I’m used to the disappointment.

5 Likes