Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

if you been around for long you shouldve learned your lesson not to get hyped over thing as simple as mere plan that may not even arrive to itos in 6 months++. its like getting hyped over cyberpunk 2077

if they really got their brain working they should simply make more synergies between classes and disrupt “meta is best”, live up to their game title :rebuild and make theorycrafting build fun again, with no silly restriction of vaivora or such. this meta is best is silly af and all they did are making builds even narrower thus make the boring endgame even more boring because many potential class combo/option just not work at all, or its getting crystal clear that they just dont know how to make them work.

adding more class hastily is silly cause its like adding more pile of work when they actually got tons undone and it will be already like an infinite loop of rebalancing, unless thats what their programmers aim for just so they keep getting paid to rebalancing even though with this pace its clearly a dream.

and idk how ppl can still enjoy the endgame boring grind. new contents shouldve add more adventurous journey, exploration, valuable hunt, achievements, build options but none of em delievered. yeah adventurous journey through 5 min quests per map, exploration through same recycled map with nothin to do except opening instance, valuable abysmal RNG mat, achievement for top tier players only(or bug abusers lol), and dont forget the mindless grind.

2 Likes

whats this game left for competitive vet is figure out what bug is hot and new and how to abuse it before someone make its discovered globally and imc miraculously not neglecting it

and for newcomers/returner are delusion of fun journey through old contents when things were fun and simple or getting struck with huge walls right after they bought jumping box and succumb to endless grind or drown into shitty p2w hole

2 Likes

And Rabbi is kind of a cute and cool name for a class.

And they could come back with the centurion they already have everything ready they just need to create some new skills

Remember Master Classes? Good times.

2 Likes

Vaivoras are just RNG/Expensive master classes

MuliaW

11 Likes

vaivora is just lazy gears development that only kill theorycrafting gear furthermore.

previously, without vaivora theorycrafting gear would be “if you choose build A which focus mainly on damage from class 1 its better to pick this X gear set, but if you play build B you will want to use gear Y because something something” but now its just boring which gear produce more dps output where the final answer is vaivora, adding fuel to the flame of “meta is best”. new option that kill old option instead of making more competitive advantageous option is dumb design. same with favoritism demon/god gears and accessories ever since drakonas era. they just hate to make more option thus making theorycrafting, what fun the most from the game become dead. its dying in agony along theorycrafting build, and all the answers of gears conundrum will always end up to vaivora cause hey its weapon of god, meh.

so why they have to kill old option instead making them more viable, or even possibly making neglected build to work. the answer simply because they hate to manage too much work of adding new effects and possibly adding more rebalance task either because they are lazy or they dont have the development cost or time. this consciousness seems lost along the way when they were planned to release more class hastily.

i even spent couple minute before they actually execute vv transmutation idea, the idea is almost the same with current transmutation, numbers aside, but its target old gears instead, but no, this vaivora option is cheaper and easier to maintain. ofc the ideas backbone is grind, as always, but its grind to achieve more options instead of just becoming more focus into what already narrow.

vaivora is just an excuse because they dont want to create more weapon and avoid the task of creating more fun effects and possibly rebalance it. look at glacia weapon, its released like after vaivora or along with it, and are there many build use it? possibly just one or two like OP staff or shield. the rest are just dead option.

5 Likes

i will play again if “common class” is released. sadly ist cancelled and Wizard/Archer - Muay Thai is no longer…

so i guess no comeback :cold_sweat:

common class is more cool idea than release one class each month…

uurgrghhh

2 Likes

the game is becoming more and more boring.
I’ll quit when Diablo Immortal release

2 Likes

like 3-4 years ago this game had fun theory crafting
checking on others build in tosbase.com
wondering what circle should i add next
i even enjoy doing class change quest that people think its a hassle
it was gone too and make this private-server lazy vibe
thats when they couldve make it an option with better reward
the only limitation that annoyed us was grade/tier system
now the grade system gone, even free class reset system exist, but circle system gone
its like pointless cause the theory crafting becomes hollow
its exist but barely
and its only getting worse thanks to cherised meta build

i began the game as cryo-necro back in 2016 in my regional tos
i cant barely pass lv 167 lmao
this build doesnt really have actual cool synergies unlike pyro ele, linker ff, cryo warlock etc
and it doesnt seem to have any now
nothing really cool that make them symbiotes
its how bad they neglect possibilities and ignore options

ever since they release the first raid, this game totally change into instance dungeon style game
to the point of massive battle like field boss now also an instance dungeon.
field stuffs slowly death, field mats gone, personal gear crafting dead as it all handled by npc, map purpose questionable, to the point that silver drop no more. all were just to fight bot that still win the war.

you whiteknight veteran might think this is another boring post to put down, but you cant deny that the game was more fun back then.

9 Likes

Long story short, Right now it’s all about making up funny names for skills and equips that can land you a million hits x a million SFR.

This is exactly a path like 5-6 new people I play with have gone down when they started it like a month ago. They eventually realized what a massive wall was up ahead of them just to begin end-game content, with almost weird paradoxes of ‘you need the gear from this instance to do the instance’ unless you get mad RNG with +ing and somehow got your hands on loads of BGs.

Most have left now.

Doesn’t help with the huge vvr pricing on Fedimian either.

I feel that many people here “those who really play the game” will never be satisfied because many want things so contradictory that it is basically impossible to please everyone … many cry because it is very difficult to get certain items but when the game is easy or gives directly complains that it is destroying the price of the items, or the game is too easy or that it has nothing to do … and at the beginning of the game it was also not a wonder as some say many times you had to catch circles that you didn’t need or wanted to get to the skill that really interested you in the third circle for example.

I know that as always everyone will disagree with me but some talk about “walls” specifically about end game Vaivora as if in other MMOs you could get this final equipment with ease in less than a month being f2p what I mean is that in all mmo has “walls” especially if you want to be in the end game and to finish I can not understand this obsession of some to want to show how he is leaving the game as if they were so important that everyone has to be informed.

5 Likes

The problem is the said “wall” is just too high due to the willingness of the community to play with f2p player and the cost reuired to get the gear.

In a month, u should already obtained white witch raid hard title Overcome Frosbite which can be cleared just using varna. To clear this as a dps, u should have access to at least lvl 7 boruta card, lvl 20 guild mutant group and solo buff, food, 13% dmg enchant, 23% support enchant, max stat specialized mutant raid ichor, glacia raid ichor and vaivora ichor, +21 trans 10 varna weapon, +16 trans 10 varna armor, lvl 7 crafted ark, +11 trans10 karaliene accessories. This is applied to all pt members especially dps, while lowering a bit this requirement for support. Your pt also must have specifoc class and build to do the raid too. Despite this, u can only clear in 20 to 30 mins, if u can efficiently clear the mechanics.

Nobody want to clear the raid with f2p or varna player, when they know the raid can be clear in 10 min with the latest gear set from goddess/demon and legenda armor set. This pattern just keep repeated since solmiki time.

Frankly speaking, this game is not f2p. U just have access to the content, but never have access to clear the content. If I see some1 just play f2p, with token only bought from market, i always advice this people to lower their expectation.

Good thing is, the game is clearly have a difficult content.
Bad is, if ppl dont use their cash, getting at least overcome frostbite title is not possible without people help to carry you.

1 Like

where the hell do you even get those requirement especially since half of those (karaline, lv7 boruta, lv7 ark) is twice as expensive as just get full glacia with goddess demon.

The wall itself isn’t the issue but rather what the game has to offer if you don’t go over the wall and what it has past the wall.

You can’t experience what’s past the wall until you go over it so all you get before that is a promise of something fun ahead, which can or not happen. Meanwhile the regular content is repetitive, mindless and, to some, boring. It is a bigger deal because the game lacks fun quality content to do that isn’t locked behind the wall(s) (which all have entry restrictions), maybe arcade mode will fulfill that role…

The wall is only seen as the issue because it is a hard split between the “good content” and the regular content.

1 Like

I’m so sorry but I’m LMAO of how ridiculous this sounds. No you don’t need those things just to clear White Witch hard omg :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You just need a good party that knows what they’re doing. and thaw, you need thaw.
Of course this is the hard difficulty after all so never go in undergeared. Nobody, not a single main account uses Varna anymore, Savi Dysnai yes. That is the lowest tier gear right now and it’s free! 2x better than Varna, but Have atleast trans10 +11 glacia armors (we have WW normal+CM for that and event trans8 scrolls) and have decent weapons (trans10 +16), Moring Pyktis is fine inside WW hard I assure you. I’d say a good 30min run, only a handful of people would want to aim for 10min just to get in the rankings, weekly most people would just clear it normally 3x then get on with other contents.

Sorry Miss/Sir but you made it sound like if you don’t have those things nobody would want to party with you in WW, I meant no disrespect. :grinning:
It is very untrue, those things you mentioned are competitive level and it is wrong to be telling people you need those to at least find a party for WW Hard.

I 100% agree with @santwillian2 here, every MMO I’ve played (F2P/P2P) and I’ve played a lot over the years, needs a bit of hard work and dedication. ToS is by no means, the most brutal I’ve played.

1 Like

In a month , u should already obtained white witch raid hard title Overcome Frosbite which can be cleared just using varna. To clear this as a dps, u should have access to at least lvl 7 boruta card, lvl 20 guild mutant group and solo buff, food, 13% dmg enchant, 23% support enchant, max stat specialized mutant raid ichor, glacia raid ichor and vaivora ichor, +21 trans 10 varna weapon, +16 trans 10 varna armor, lvl 7 crafted ark, +11 trans10 karaliene accessories.

what the ■■■■?
what do you smoke?? I want that too

i myself personally dont give a damn about those raid/wbr titles
if actually they spend some time look back to old titles, like my fav zealot title, or what i personally think cool word like judge, make it also rewarding with at least good frame and make raid/wbr title even more extravagant with holographic or animated just so the owner can still flex, but again no, they are so darn cheap, let it just be plain text, or the one and only colored pizza title
titles couldve been an interesting cool collection for all and add more reason for casual or f2p to collect it by makin it more cool with frame instead of just text, and hard-to-achieve one can still more extravagant, but again they play dumb and just ignore it and lock the cool part for veteran or carried leechs
its yet another wasted opportunity
ofc its not about getting more money so yeah just skip it imc

2 Likes

rather than obssesion to informed others i would prefer call it endless disappointment and expectations that not achieved unsurprisingly from many of us. if you read what you actually know what its about than its you to blame, its open forum, tldr

and dont worry many who still complain like me included actually already leave, hiatus, and spawning here sheldomly, expecting something good, but then again turn down each time

also everyone experienced enough with the game, knowing the “tricks” and what to do first, how to play optimally (more like play like a robot), having tons of free time to grinds, being in a group of carrier and being a shameless leechs or simply being a p2w, can speak so lightly about those walls

meanwhile those who are new or old enough but clueless, got limited playtime,f2p,play like a good kid they are with single account and not “abusing” any possible ways to boost their progressing pace, will take some time just to achieve one of those wall just to be greet by another set of wall. and when they havent even passed all the walls in this era, imc already prepared another set of walls.

the current situation only fit for those veteran who already set for next content meanwhile the rest majority limping.

worse is imc answer to this is by spoonfeed, providing freebies each season and degrade the hardwork of those who actually achieve it legitimately

1 Like

A lot of this is true but when people say ‘you gonna white knight hur dur game was better in 2016’

I don’t know if you all remember 2016- this game was hot garbage. People have these rose colored glasses on talking about exploration and gimmicks. Gimmicks were generally a 30 second piece of content once a day where you had to hike 8 maps to get to. I’m not sure what part of this they really want back. The exploration of searching a map (or more likely tosbase or forums) for a collection box location just so they could get screwed by DPK and not get the items the needed for it. Server stability was hell and you couldn’t avoid spam bots advertising RMT.

The game had many serious problems back then and it does now. The developers replace old raids with the new shiny raid which makes all old content irrelevant (basically dead development time). We keep complaining about class balancing to be somehow perfect and yet wanting more build freedom. They’ve been class balancing every 3 months for the last 5 years. I wish they’d just leave it broken at this point and make more content to enjoy.

I think the veterans are giving more than the newbies in the conversation though. Generally the folks who have completed their gear would agree, yes, the system for gearing is hellish torture and should be made easier. We’d all probably love the circle system back. That being said, I’m curious to see how this seasonal content plays out. They’re giving us back incentive to play multiple characters and promising easier gearing which is more than halfway to old Tree and people are still upset.

Side tangent going back to 2016/circles- you can’t talk about how the class system is now talk about meta builds like 2016 was viable for mish mash random no synergy builds. The difference is we weren’t all measuring our e-penis against one another on a big bulletin board in f10 for all to see so we had to loosely go by the ranks in field bosses.

8 Likes