Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

Just assumptions now on an extreme scenario, but:

Inquisitor’s Ripper is a skill with a 55 second cooldown and takes a 5 second commitment to use. With Dahlia, that becomes 44 seconds, and with the new Lvl 4 Vaivora, that becomes 19 seconds. Depending on how Laima buff reduces cooldown, we’re looking at least 9-15 seconds cooldown. With Ripper taking 5 seconds to channel, you only have 4-10 seconds to use your other skills that are also reduced by Laima. Assuming Inquisitors are using Torture Expert over Magic Absorption in CMs, that cooldown amount is beyond negligible …

Congratulations IMC for putting Inquisitor’s main damage skill on full-on steroids, never seen IMC buff Inquisitor so much and crap on the existences of other physical cleric classes so much. There’s really no time to spam other skills, especially Monks with no-cooldown Energy Blast and its overheats of skills. At this point, I rather IMC just gives the 100% final damage instead, really.

If IMC is going to push Inquisitor up so much, can they put Energy Blast’s synergy with Malleus onto another class or just delete it and give the damage to Energy Blast instead of forcing two contradictory classes together?

Ripper the class.

1 Like

Triple shot is not even that good though, even in perfect scenario. (In fact it has to be in perfect scenario to be good.)
Most builds from Mergen don’t have that skill already.

People either take Downfall or Homing Arrow now.

Probably because it works as i thought it would, just requiring 1 extra VVR for the lvl2, then just materials for every attempt to get lvl3 and 4

I really hoped that lvl 4 would give back what he lost, it would be a matter of waiting lvl 6 or lvl 8 e-e

and I am not interested if the skill now nobody else does not use it, that changes according to the updates

It means with Ice Blast: Break ice blast Will be 4 hits?

Been playing around with Goddess Austeja and Goddess Saule card in kTest.

Just something to point out, the effects of the cards go along the lines of doing damage to a target and a few other targets within 75 range. That range refers to the range around the target you placed the Goddess card’s effect on, not the range around you. Also, 75 range isn’t much at all, so you’re probably going to hit maybe 2-3 mobs at most, which makes choosing a card by considering its target limit rather pointless.

Also something to clear about Austeja Goddess card’s effect:

"Triggers when attacking a target with Slash, Strike, or Piercing skills, inflicting the [Joint Responsibility] debuff.

[Joint Responsibility]
Deals [★ * 3600]% damage twice to 6 enemies within a range of 75. The attack property is the same as the skill that inflicted the debuff. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)"

Austeja’s effect deals damage to enemies around it, but it does not deal damage to the target itself. If you activate the card’s effect when attacking a single monster with no one around it, Austeja basically does nothing and goes into a 20 second cooldown. Austeja also does not have a skill effect on the targets that get hit by it beyond the typical hit effect one gets from a melee attack, so its hard to observe and test the effect. Due to all that, this card is for classes that are weak at mobbing AKA single-target classes like ranged classes that want some mobbing ability, but with that said, it only activates on Slash/Pierce/Strike damage, and 75 range means that you won’t be hitting much things anyway. Also, nothing is stopping anyone from picking Saule over Austeja so …

Did no one in IMC picked this out before they went from KTest to kToS with only 1 day’s worth of testing … ? Austeja Goddess card sounds like a scam.

EDIT: Seems they changed Goddess cards a bit from kTest to kToS, I see 100 and 200 range on Austeja and Saule respectively, also Saule’s skill factor got changed into ★ * 2520% while Austeja stays at ★ * 3600%. That seems to be about it though, so …

Exactly.
ONE DAY worth of testing then it goes into canon.
That’s some quality of life testing there.

Btw KToS no nerf in Mergen Orbital after introducing vvr 4?
I’m quite surprised, considering they nerf some other stuff like Arblaster rather quickly.

Also did KToS already have the vvr trade thing happening?
Is it 1 to 1 trade on your desired vvr pick? Is there any requirement?
If there’s no requirement I can see people using alt account to buy many trash vvr and exchange for multiple expensive ones.

I’m genuinely curious , because it could come to ITOS some months later.

Final damage on ripper would be actually useless for Inquisitor. Ripper already hits the 10m damge cap when used with wheel. The class’s problem is that they do nothing for the next 45s after that one combo.

The original effect of Inquisitor’s Lvl 4 Vaivora is 100% more damage via +1 extra hit. The damage cap would’ve been a problem if that extra hit was fake or true multi-hit (can’t remember whether fake multi-hit still suffers from cap, and wheel hit count issue with real multi-hits), but that’s out of the window with the effect being changed completely. Inquisitor is a burst class with a 45 second downtime to spam God Smash and other skills from the other 2 classes picked with Inquisitor. Inquisitor-Zealot-Monk spams Monk skills and no-cooldown Energy Blast during Breaking Wheel + Ripper’s downtime, but this change basically pushes that out.

No Vaivora for Arbalester it seems…
Come on, man…

https://tos.neet.tv/items/184126 this is not for arbalester?

double marking so cheap that ppl questioning if they’re legit to buy one.

I like the changes it’ll take a long time to max out vv.

Oh… Must’ve not noticed, my bad
Cool then! That will go nicely on my build!

thats for best scenario where diev involved and torture expert on. when bossing or less enemy involved the skill is actually sucks. inq will us its magic absorption instead and 25 sec cd reduce is honestly way better remedy for this 55sec cd skill. on the other hand they couldve fix the situation of long cd of breaking wheel and ripper with an attribute or additional treat along magic absorption attribute instead of applying it to lv 4 vv. but of course they wont do cause they wont make cleric great again
my deepest condolence that monk probably still not in somewhat good state but lets just chill and wait for its vv
surprised! it will be just another 1h mace with +2 monk skill and some recycle of old attribute
gg imc

1 Like

Yeah, though Dievdirbys is pretty much a mainstay in full support builds and parties (Inquisitors can also run Dievdirbys too). No matter how the calculations are done, even with Magic Absorption over Torture Expert, we’re looking at ~20s cooldown of Dahlia-boosted Ripper that takes 5s to channel.

Haha, don’t get me started on the possible 1H-Mace Monk Vaivora, that stirs fear in me to this day.

Alright, decide to find it out myself to clarify everything, as i found out my guess was very wrong.

From Level 2 onwards, you will require a same level VVR and a VVR “Softener” to attempt for Leveling. Each Attempt will provide +1 exp, +2 at low chance, or +MAX at very low chance. When a VVR exp reaches max, it will level up, and consumes the second VVR.

One Attempt of VVR Leveling will require :-
2 similar VVR at a similar Level, the exp can be different
1 VVR “Softener”
5 million silver

The following is the path requirement to obtain a Lv4 VVR :-
2 Lv1 into 1 Lv2
2 Lv2 into 1 Lv3 @ 15exp
2 Lv3 into 1 Lv4 @ 15exp(this is actually unknown but the different result will only require more mats for softener, rather than extra vvr)

In total you will need
8 LV1 or 4 LV2 or 2 LV3

The Materials required to craft a VVR “Softener” are as follow. The recipe can be obtain from Fedi Blacksmith at 1k silver.
30 Vaivora Transmutator
4 Refined Heart of Glacia
1 Refined Moth Talc Powder
30 Sierra Stone

4 Likes

what is refined heart/moth talc?

Clown video is out (using +26 glacial / Ark/ Karaline/ OP gears too)

For a full dps class with no buff/ synergy with anything this looks rather weak.
Only the channeling and that range burst does ok damage.
This damage looks worse than SR one single AA hit
(considering his gears is OP the damage is kinda pathetic)
Also the class description gave me the impression that it’d make your dagger aa hit in range but nope, it’s still melee range. They only add a few true range dagger skills for this class, rest of them are close range still.

This class add absolutely nothing to scout, and doesn’t help other scout class much due to lack of synergy/ buff.
Remember why Assassin is the go to for most scout class now? Because of that single buff.
It has Iframe and dps too for other scout class like rogue/ BM.
Even Sheriff nowaday add something to the class despite the skill is ok at best.

We’ll see how IMC use VVR to save the class from mediocrity yet again…
I’m also expecting Dalia to be the go-to for this class because that channeling is the only skill that seems to do decent damage.

2 Likes

Untradeable version of the mats and can be obtained by just right-clicking it. The design is due Auto-Match Raids only rewards you Untradeable mats so it doesn’t worsen the markets.