Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

imagine if warlock3 didn’t need to get elementalist 3 in their build if pyromancer or cryomancer or psychokino or wathever other lower rank class get the same power as a elementalist that is actual rank 4 and because of this is more stronger than this other ones, if they make every lower rank class with the same power as a actual rank7 8 class

well that’s what i’m trying to say, the proposed new system will dilute meta (due to everything will be equally performing) but limits the currently diversed non-meta builds (due to the limited number of classes one can choose when compared to the current system)

1 Like

We aren’t complaining, we are theory crafting and throwing darts on the board to see if we hit something in the future…

Open your mind and start throwing pro and cons possibility darts

:dart:

3 Likes

yeah i understand your point, but this new system on my point of view if they make all classes equal power will be more fun to make builds more conceptional than rainbow builds, but yeah i get it what you are trying to say, and this new system will make pvp more balanced too, because one char will not have all broken abilities that he tree can offer.

3 Likes

To be honest I’m just biting at my nails waiting for it to be playable at ktest so I can play around with a shiny new toy.
:haha:

About theorycrafting… what to theorize. What I think is: my main’s build will stay untouched and be even better with these changes, while I had some others that heavily relied on stacks of 1-circle wonders. I’m a bit concerned about those, because those single circles were actually very useful as they were, and I can’t imagine those builds with only 3 full classes(+base class). We’ll see how meta will change, but I feel variability will actually suffer, especially in a pvp scenario.

@Aoi_Kanashi

Just a general direction IMC wanted to portray. Nothing is concrete yet and things are subjected to changes.
Remember back when we were teased with master class and rune of giant frost pillar? Pretty much the same thing. General idea is there which might be rejected/passed in the final stages

4 Likes

Finally a good change.
Wizard/Cleric full CON is stupid and doesn’t make sense. Why do Wizard/Cleric have more HP than Swordman in PVP? It makes 0 sense.
I hope IMC will give CON exclusively to a blue icon class or just give none to a red icon class.

2 Likes

:hey: who are you calling stupid EH!!

All full CON Wizard/Cleric. :sparkles:

Am full CON Cleric :heeey:

AHO!!!

Cool.
Now you can
Hunter, sapper Falconer.
Or hunter, falconer, pied for the RP.

Warlock, shadow, sorc RP.

Alchemist, Enchanter and Paradoner skill scrolls/homunculus need to be updated for this

Scout with dagger is going to make more sense as you can scout c3 rogue c3 np for a bunch of dagger skills.

Soon this server will become active again ( former ktest now re:build)

They did, and I was always interested to see what job bonuses each class gave.
But the stats gained from that were so low that they didn’t matter that much.

If TOS rebuild basically has 400 of your stats be distributed according to what classes you pick, this is interesting OO

You have to look at the class bonus stats based on how high you planned to go with them. If you plan to go 90+ str then the bonus str you get from classes would be worth 10 stat pts each (stats cost stat points and the higher you go the more expensive +1 stat becomes). If you plan to stay below 10 on a stat that each stat would cost only 2 stat points. This is also why gear with +1 stats are important/valuable in RO.

I’m interested in what the stat revamp will look like. If they do away with the ridiculous 300+ lvs then maybe stats become valuable too. Losing control over where to place stats makes quest stats way more valuable than they are now. You can even do without the current quest stats. What’s an additional 1-3 stats in a pool of over 300 stats to distribute?

I don’t like the idea of having all classes available for choice from rank 2. Having such a broad variety of similar class options readily available from rank 2 will make early class choices very complicated for new players. New players will have to chose from a catalog of about 15 different class options which are very similar in nature and play very similar meta roles.

For example, let’s say you want to build a dps Archer. There’s a bunch of similar classes which follow this meta role: mergen, ranger, musketer, cannoneer, fletcher, bullet marker, etc. Differences between them are just a matter of skill preferences and you will need to do some in depth research to understand those differences. Having all of them available for choice from the very beginning will do nothing but confuse new players.

Or for example, let’s say I want to try out an swordsman character, which is a class branch I have never tried before. To do so I will first need to go through and research all 15 classes of the swordsman tree so I can decide which one I want to pick. That is crazy.

I think one of the key points of the former class system was indeed the way it was introducing new classes step by step, so choices were a bit more friendly for new players. If that is gone with the new system, I’m afraid class system will become too much complex that new players won’t even dare to give it a try.

1 Like

I’m afraid class system will become too much complex that new players won’t even dare to give it a try.

It’s not as if in current system you don’t have to research beyond. If you only research the classes that your rank is currently is at, you are bound to be screwed when you reached 10.

Also,

• Players will be able to use the in-game [Class Change] system to readily switch between classes.

If I didn’t understand this wrongly, it means permanent ‘rank’ reset. They must be very confident with all classes being useful such that they don’t mind people switching around anytime.

1 Like

Exactly. The current system requires you research everything r1-10 to avoid “wasted ranks”.

I guess it makes some sense based on the current rank reset (-1 rank) we have now. No more circles so if you reset you reset the entire class. No more circles means you also get to “test” the entire class at just “rank 2”.

1 Like

TBH though, I was just really hoping they’d significantly improve the game’s performance. It seems to have gotten worse the last few patches - game even freezes as soon as you load into the map on your first character login. Multiple parties on 380 CM seems to result into terrible lag too for everyone in those instances.

3 Likes

lordealvaro

Oct 1

Spr now gives magic accuracy and magic penetration otherwise you can block magic or evades it

FOR FREEDOM OF PHYSICAL CLASS

You’re welcome imc.

If they fix the core of the problem, game engine, lag, interface, etc, and this new idea comes out good, then there may be a future for tos. More likely, this game will be dead soon.

1 Like