Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

they already have counts on how many classes will be migrated to teh new class, and the numbers don’t match for each though

what is the #?_?

i lost it in the conversations ; w ;

@Ersakoz halp

1 Like

Well, I think they could go around with these changes by not scrapping the actuals system away entirely.
They should maintain the Rank 10 cap, but you can choose any class at any time. Builds like Wiz1-Shadow3-FF1-WL3-Sorc2 could exist releasing us from the burden of choosing only 1 late class, but not killing rainbow builds. You could go just 1 circle or 2 for some skill, but no need to take the whole class.
This way, filler classes can still exist, and you will be building around one or two favorites classes of your choice.

With the stats, the best to prevent single stat allocation is to put a price onto enhancing them further (like RO did). So, like, people who go full CON by just putting all 390 points in it would reach only 250 CON or so instead. This way, there will be more value in enhancing other stats (investing some in INT or SPR) than raising CON. Yet, you can still go full stat allocation if you want, it’s up to you.

Another good thing they could try is to have an actual usage for any stats in every class tree. Like, INT being useful to Swordsmen or STR being of some use to Mages (Magic will crit now, so you can build DEX for mages too?).

These 3 courses of action give a lot more possibilities, cause they won’t stop people from doing what they’re doing now, but will let them choose alternate paths cause they’re worth it too.

1 Like

They need to nerf buffer class. From what I understand, the new Rank System is 1 base and 3 other class with 45 class level each and you can take any class

Builds may become saturated like this: Base + Buffer + Buffer + Damage

Swordsman: Peltasta 3 + Doppel 3 + any damage (preferred Reti)
Archer: (buffed) Ranger + Falcon
Cleric: Zealot + Druid + any damage
Wizard: Dunno, Magic Being Dodgeable and Blockeable may turn them either pure support or weak damage. Pure SPR is dead for Thauma + Damage but if INT gives accuracy and SPR gives Block Penetration, maybe not

I think this build pattern pretty much gives the most efficiency regardless of damage class you pick and will be useful in most of the content. So they badly need nerfs.

Finally someone in that company had the b*lls to say vertical progression is BAD. The ridiculous 300+ lvs was BAD. The continuous rendering obsolete of old classes is BAD.

I just hope that with this chance at changing “everything” they take and implement player input. They’ve had over 2(?) years of free QA from players. Use it.

4 Likes

i have strong theory that enchanter is one of the affected wiz classes

i’m going to miss my build i guess… it’s been with me since the very beginning… :sad:

i like to see my build persevere as the game progress for changes… but i guess this is the end of the road for that…

http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html#2133366fijh.25344551.112f345a7a85.1a6a718521314151.1521354351.52657583.15253243.1125334155

Yes I thought so too… if not they wouldn’t make enchanter c3 so lackluster and not change it during r10 announcement.

1 Like

it’s actually thanks to your build on the sorc reworks discussion Owo

i guess no more double poles of agony and shops for me by then .___.

I really love this idea. Makes all lower rank classes be relevant.
Can’t wait
:satisfaction:

Ill just put my opinion here b4 sleep because i feel like i have to, in case if this 1 base-3 tree class is happening

Its pretty much purely a buff to player with base build a1-b3-c3-d3 (e.g a1/a2-r3-flet3/fal3-merg3 it pretty much they can ejoy the benefit of lv 15ss without ruining their build)

How about builds which involves more than 4 class/semi-rainbow class that works well (e.g some build only needs c1 or c2 skills like ranger1, diev1, sorc1, pied1, etc? pretty much ruined, also for some build that less meta but works well too, in theory) (full build for e.g a2-r1-scout1-app-x1-musk3-ied1 or w2-link3-thau3-rc-sorc1, or others builds)

And how bout secret class(c1 exclusive) with current system u can take 1 secret class and 2 other circle, with new 4 class restriction its ruined
All i gould suggest is 1 base class, 3 tree class, 1 secret class? Would be much better

On the sidenote, not every build need to take c3 class/45 skill point, cmiiw i see no point of taking rogue c3 for example

I can see this will definitely making devs easier to balance the class in the future, but seriously it reduce the diversity in class choosing a lot, which is reducing tos uniqueness (cuz that is one of the aspect what makes this game stand out, the diversity of builds//build that involves more than 4 class)

As for auto-stat allocation, all i could see is this is their simple “way” to nerf full con pvp build also nerfing whale for having high hp from full con & dmg purely from their +21 +++ equip, but isnt it pretty much will ruin stat allocation for pve or players that didnt care bout pvp?
If you use this auto-stat intentionally for balancing pvp, i would suggest you have another agenda to balancing stat/equip/skill factor strictly only for pvp (e.g when you join tbl you will have different effect of stat/skill factor, like 1con=100hp in pve but only 50hp in pvp or x skill=500% in pve but only 200% in pvp)

3 Likes

not only that it will empower bots too… imagine all those Sorcerer Necro bots at full power and skills…

well… as much as i hate to admit it… we’re just a minority over the meta builds that needs to be diluted…

though to be honest it really does take away the diversity for folks like us… and there will always be a new meta… the worse part here is that while the players has limited freedom to stats… equipment stat RNG will become more critical than it currently is…

2 Likes

Guess that they are taking cues from Diablo3, where they state there are XXX number of different builds/permutations , but in actual fact only a handful are workable (like D3’s gear sets pigeon hole everyone into predetermined builds with little to no variance)

Ideally is they will still allow us to take 1 and 2 circles, but that will make balancing a nightmare to handle. Have to see how the classes are changed first, not really good to make any kind of assumptions now.

i do not think will reduce de diversity at all

1 Like

i think this will force everyone to a middle ground where:

non-diversed meta builds to go for something to their personal preference since everything will be balanced

while currently diversed builds will be forced out of their preference since they will end up with less options

i don’t know what i’ll do with my current swordie build when this is implemented though

http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html#1136a8eggcd.253555.15253144.1144b595.1121354375.152575.2335415373.1521355a8495.1121354573.53254215

but today is already like this, my sage for example is very week compared to a warlock in pve that a need to change or someone did piedpier1 with scout1 and canooner and is get stronger for pvp so everyone will do and make a meta, if theu make every class stronger will get better or not i don’t know on the paper has lot of combinations even more then the actual system

I think YOU SHOULD ALL WAIT TO SEE THINGS IN ACTION BEFORE COMPLAINING, for now just be happy theorycrafting ヾ(メ`・д・´)ノ゙

6 Likes

should we complain about this info leak then Owo?

though tbh my concern is how will untradable class specific costumes will be handled if ever the changes affects them Owo