Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

You all miss my point. Varna will get an upgrade now with better ichors. Savinose won’t. There will be a gap between savinose and Varna for a long time…and if they didn’t plan any upgrade to Savinose itself it would have been much better to just release the new type of it.

Varna users should wait for the new giltine raid anyway it’s just totally obvious. Varna won’t have that big gap between itself and the new savinose so i still don’t see how it wouldn’t have been better just to release it already.

I don’t agree with you guys at all.

That’s just not what i was talking about at all.
I don’t even know why ppl keep mentioning giltine raid giltine raid giltine raid… There are other parts of the game that will be much easier with the better ichored Varna…just sayin…

So Savinose users are not just “forced” to change equipment when the new legend equips come but pretty much “forced” already to change to Varna what is a same level equipment…or stick with their Savinose and wait and have worse stats than others for quite a while.

I just fail to see how this is better than releasing the new Savinose that won’t have that big gap between itself and Varna…and you could still choose Varna over it…

Anyway agree to disagree. I can’t change it now anyway. Also even if I’m a bit dramatic …idk… I don’t see this as the end of the world or something. I just rly don’t think it was the better way.

Isn’t it better to complain about Savinose getting an upgrade instead of asking to continue a failed system?

edit: Not only Savinose, but all random equips under lv.430 will be extremly depreciated and I dare to say even fixed stat items could use a rework to adjust to the new 430 item standards.

I know that they’re increasing the average attack of some types of weapons. So what? A +16 savinose will still have better attack, despite the lower stats. A +11 is still not a choice if i want to replace a +16 savinose. Especially when considering that fencers won’t have any additional source of physical attack (be it ornaments or scout attribute) so it’s not like i can afford to have even subpar equipment on top of that. And it’s not like these changes are made in a vacuum, anyway - the monsters are balanced over the changes done. Just look at those crit resistances for a quick example - the normal enemies above level 420 have all over 1700 crit resistance. For comparison, Misrus, Boruta and Skiaclipse have all got 787 crit resistance.

The new mob stats also scales with the new equipments. 1500 crit rate? good luck on trying to crit on the new mobs

The amount of replies I thought new patch notes were released lol

2 Likes

Did you guys notice that they removed EP12 announcement in the main website?
:haha:

The formula that you’re using. I think its only for PvP.
Its under the category of PvP formulas.
PvE probably still uses the same old one as always.

the stats after using episode 12 lv 430 random ichor:
20200209_064754

compare that to your stats now, the difference might be not that…

When? I just looked at it…

screenshot or fake

/20blablabla

Still up, it won’t show if you click on “not show promotional material” or something like that.

https://treeofsavior.com/event/preregister0128/

i’m a savinose user but i must agree with varna being more powerful than savinose
cause it’s like
one weapon you get from killing weak mob that dies in 1 autos
another weapon from killing a huge angry chicken 19 times, and get limited by weekly runs
based on that, there is no reasons those 2 kind of weapons can be equal in power at all
don’t rely on “but i’m casual”. casual ppl should play with casual weapon, there is no reasons for a casual player like me to chase up the gearing train :haha: and ppl who claim that “i’m a casual player, how can i catch up with end gear” the answer is “you don’t” :distinguished:

2 Likes

Oh, the announcement is still there. Probably disabled something on my pc :haha:

IIRC the delay in Disnai’s release is simply due feedback of it coming too quick after most players already spent and invested in Varna, as compared to the time gap when Velcoffer was released after Solmiki, that’s all. This was mentioned by IMC a few months ago.

IMC released Savinose equipment to iToS on May 2019 and made events for free Savinose equipment 3 months later in August along with Legend Skiaclipse Raid. We won’t be getting Legend Disnai the next patch, and IMC hasn’t even released information regarding it nor Giltine Raid on kTest servers yet. If you are patient enough to wait for IMC to maybe give out free Legend Disnai equipment 3 months AFTER its release or whenever IMC is ready to release Giltine Raid with its corresponding Legend Gear (doesn’t happen every time), feel free to wait the 3-to-possibly-6 months out.

In the meantime … you can ALSO prep up, such as doing quests to hit Lvl 450 (probably takes less than a week), doing instanced dungeons, uphills and CMs with parties, Legend Skiaclipse for Varna (Varna is still relevant, not like the raid is gone after the patch), and a lot more. Until Giltine Raid comes, this new patch is simply a phase for players to prepare as much as possible for it, and IMO the main focus is being able to clear CM 7 and Dimensional Rift as a party, or even Weekly Boss for its rewards. The faster you gear up, the more time you have to such content to prepare for Giltine Raid, up to anyone to pick their pace. There are many other stuff like ichors, arks, Boruta accessories and more that can’t be helped by events, so there are tons of perks to start preparing for Giltine Raid instead of waiting for free bare-boned Disnai equipment one day that you still have spruce up. Its not like players have 745 critical rate and 224 stats on their equipment right on the get-go, and kToS players are still able to do content questing Lvl 420 - 450 just fine.

If Savinose equipment (uh, 70% of the community, was it?), which is technically a close second-best that you can get right now (stuff that IMC has done 3 events over the course of 6 months, 2 months in-between to hand out complete sets of Savinose equipment for FREE), isn’t enough or “isn’t getting buffed” for the next patch, you are free to do what you want with those equipment since you lost nothing to get these free equipment to begin with. Nothing is stopping anyone from gearing up beyond Savinose, and most people who actually crafted their Savinose are already on Varna anyways. Feel free to stay with Savinose, wait half a year for Legend Disnai, or go further and beyond, its up to you.

There are many things you can do in the game, and its up to you whether you want to do them or not, but please stop being a fear-monger and blow things out of proportion just because you want buffs on free equipment, or want free stuff instead of preparing like a normal player to compete with people who actually prepared properly.

Feel free to wait the time out for free equipment though, its all up to every player.

:wink:

6 Likes

Nice wall of text, but nonsensical. There are people who did savinose stuff - and enhanced it well over the free stuff given - on the basis that there was no meaningful difference from varna, outside of some different sets available. As we never had so much of a difference in stats between equipment tiers.
They did prepare properly…and then IMC suddenly changed the rules.

And as long as “preparing properly” is up to luck, there is nothing to talk about. Be it about seals - i failed even that enhance to 3 despite maxing the chances, so it’s not like i could have done more…and it was gone in dust - or enhancing (over 40 golden anvils just to bring an armor at +11, eh).

2 Likes

Nice short reply, but pointless. If you were expecting the difference between the easily-attainable Savinose and an endgame Legend Raid Gear like Varna to be so small, that’s simply wishful thinking from you to not expect IMC to balance such differences, They even talked about feedback with regards to the lack of difference in one of their kToS Dev blogs. The endgame gear is Varna, not Savinose.

If you never prepared anything to begin with, you can’t even start gearing up. Besides, there are many other things that don’t involve luck, like arks, pamoka, silver and 100% ichor extraction. Because of luck, there’s no point in gearing up? Then just stick to playing casually and wait for free equipment, there is nothing wrong with that.

Like I said, its up to each player what they want to do. What’s your point?

A savinose may be easily attainable.
A savinose +16 isn’t, but it’s still ending up as crap due to these changes.
And it’s not like i can transfer that +16 to a varna rapier - i have to enhance it all over again. And doing a +16 is all up to luck - it may go well at the first try, or we may end up with the next tier before i succeed.
Regarding preparations, doing the seal was one of those - and failed. The weapon was supposed to be done - a savinose +16 - and now i have to do a varna rapier+16 too. The Skia Varna leather set is in storage waiting for Misrus Chain recipes, and i’ve already got all the fragments, pamoka and planiums i needed to get the full set in storage. I got a varna dagger to +11 hoping for an attribute like scouts, but no, fencers don’t deserve it, so i didn’t bother trascending it. Fencers don’t even use that second weapon anyway. Stockpiled some materials for ark, but won’t be able to get it to +5 (used many pages to enhance arts, and i don’t have enough nuclea powders for the max tier either way; that will have to wait).
So any other preparation relies on luck, like doing that seal - working on it for the second time - or making that +16 rapier all over again. What else i’m supposed to do to “prepare properly”?
And i see you blabbering about free equipment, hah.

Guys, relax… No need to fuss over when this or that is getting released…

Here is some good news for you, +16 equipment isn’t the norm and isn’t a strict requirement to play the game.

If your luck in enhancing to +16 is so bad, you can also farm silver and buy one from the market. In case you fail, events giving free equipment comes with +11 Transcendence 8 with all slots open, and also comes with magnifiers, Lvl 7 Gem Abrasives and more offset -5 enhancement levels. Like I said, its up to you to prepare or wait, there’s probably more than 3 months.

So you reacted to news from a test server that is subject to change hoping for certain changes and jumped the gun, and you made preparation plans that did not take into account that some upgrades clearly involve RNG …

Sounds like you’re just complaining about not being prepared enough.

1 Like

Everyone knows IMC has problems balancing classes and wishes that IMC balance classes right one day, you’re correct with that. With that said …

Savinose not being able to equip Random Ichors is not a technical problem, its intentional unless IMC feels like changing their minds one day (patch notes from August last year).

dsbfsdfbsdfbdsfb