Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Back off Paladin D:

The SP Skills belong to us Kabbalist

:prince:

High Guard doesn’t need to be a buff, it just needs to be responsive and 100%.

Before Rebuild I thought anyone putting Highlander in F tier was a no skill moron.

However back then it gave over 500 block

Now at max it gives 50% and even if you’re trying to stack block you’re lucky to get even half the old value, and even if you block it’s 50% reduction, not full block.

Highlander probably should get a buff skill, however it doesn’t need Cross Guard to become one. Cross Guard needs to be an invulnerability, it should have a cap on how much it can block based on level. 1 per level, 10 levels maxed.

Blocks skills, not just ticks.

If I use lvl 3 Cross Guard, enemy uses
Pouncing, I fully invulnerable against it, then I get 1 stack of Cross Guard Success(60 seconds duration), but no Pouncing can damage me while I hold the key, even if I stop and re-press it.
Enemy Cyclones, fully invulnerable again, 2 stacks success, I block all cyclone damage as long as/any I press cross guard.
Enemy uses Zwerchauu, I block it, that’s my third stack of Cross Guard Success, when I stop since I have level 3 Cross Guard, my Cross Guard will end and go on a 60 second CD.

1 skill blocked per level, and suddenly the move is good again.

50% block is not worth CCing yourself. Pelt has 30% on a skill that has no penalty. That buff, is the worst of the 3 Pelt defensive buffs though.

1 Like

Paladin is kind of in a good spot right now, what it really needs is when your channeling Sanctuary that you and anyone effected by Sanctuary are immune to knockbacks.

The only problem i have with paladin is that it has an identity crises, is it a healer/support class or a dps class it needs to pick.

congrats @ShiSeptiana ! your diabetes weapon set is becoming reality
that crossbow is very creative!

4 Likes

Demolition needs at least 2 OH Charges, a higher chance to trigger stun with the attribute and a big dmg increase, since many other class skills received a dmg increase across the board in the last few weeks on ktos.

Resist elements and conviction should cover all elements. The elemental property dmg increase by conviction should also be buffed greatly. 5% per skill level sounds reasonable.

Restoration should gets its SP recovery attribute back, as already mentioned.

Stone skin should als be buffed to cover all kinds of dmg and get a least a 1% dmg reduction per skill level. I’d also like an interaction with iron skin in the form of dmg reflect or dmg negation, so you can maybe build a tank monk.

1 Like

Yeah, Paladin is a really popular class and is on top tier builds, but that’s pretty much because of how other cleric physical classes aren’t doing too hot and that he has sinergy with both Inqui and Zealot. To be blunt, the only reason Paladin is doing fine is because of how overwhelming Inquisitor and Zealot are, together with Priest-Oracle being the absolute support duo, making pairing Oracle with Inqui/Zealot kind of awkward in a party environment.

I couln’t express more of how Iron Skin is an useless skill atm. And more than that, other than kicking up it’s dmg reduction, they should also consider turning it into a rank 2 or 3 skill. Spending 15 points in a self defense skill is overkill.

Also, please improve the Devotion attribute, it only helps you suicide.

Resist Elements, has an Enhance attribute, at 15 levels, 5% per level, you would be at 75% without Enhance which goes over 100% with max Enhance, at which point you would become immune to Elemental damage.

Stone Skin there is a bigger arguement for, it does deserve an increase, but remember it also has an Enhance, so atm the value is 6-10% where are you’re suggesting 15-24%, on top of Enchant Jewels and Legend Blut, and Armor set effect, and Resist Elements.

Demolition needs to lose it’s cast time and most of it’s animation if it’s supposed to be a PvP skill. Everyone moves far too fast to land it outright and CC chaining is a bad idea by design.

So did anyone on kTest test out if Sadhu Druid Lycan human form work while your in out of body or will the buff from Lycan form be canceled out.

What is the problem that Iron Skin could get up to 15-24% reduction? Yeah, you have other means to get tankyer, but they are general and the discussion is about class design. I surely know that of all things Paladin can do well compared to other classes, taking damage isn’t really one of them and a 15 point, full 100 attribute skill getting a 10% reduction doesn’t make it by a long shot.

I don’t know what is the best course of action to take against Demolition, but targetting the CC or not, it needs a substancial damage buff.

I don’t think Resist Elements is in a bad spot, just wish it had a way to get 100% uptime, even if it had to lose some numbers to get it.

Sorry if I’m being annoying but I’ve been looking for the max stats in the legendary 400 and couldn’t find it yet.

Would anyone know the caps?

1 Like

Guys will only Earth Tower that lower the cost, or velcoffer essence cost will reduce too??

Just ET right now and re-roll fees are unchanged. Presumably only 85M to make a 330 weapon (Velcoffer is less than 20M more in re-roll)… so… still not worth doing

any info yet about if lv400 legend set effect for debuff immunity up to lv3 or not?

1 Like

can the new 2 lvl400 legend set effect can be put on the velcoff equips?

Sounds like some big changes here. Waiting for the translation to get confirmation.

1 Like

KTOS Live Patch Notes 4/11

Gemstone Feud

1. The MVP bonus for Mercenary Badges will now be provided to the top 5 individuals.

-The ranking and points for the 1st through 5th places for both Team A and B will be displayed in the results window.

2. If you do not acquire at least 10 points during Gemstone Feud, you will no longer receive any Mercenary Badges.
-However, you will still receive the badge bonus for MVP if you were to receive MVP despite acquiring less than 10 points.

3. The points acquired for a team when a boss is defeated will no longer be added to individual player points.

4. If you leave and re-enter Gemstone Feud, you will be placed back on the same team you were on when you left.
-If you go back to town after the 5 minute entry time has elapsed, you will not be able to re-enter Gemstone Feud.

5. The stats of monsters and NPCs will be changed.
-The level of monsters and objects has been increased.
-The HP of the gemstone turn-in NPC has been doubled.

6. The Gemstone Feud announcement message will now also state that you can enter from each city.

Borutos Kapas

1. If you die while Borutos Kapas is in progress within the map and do not select an option for 30 seconds, you will automatically be returned to Vedas Plateau.

2. The time you can enter Borutos Kapas has been changed.

Before:

Mon-Fri: 7pm-1am
Sat-Sun: 6am-3am

After:

Everyday: 10pm-2am

3. There is now a limited time you can participate in Borutos Kapas.
-Each team can only enter Borutos Kapas for 1 hour each day.
-After 1 hour has passed from handing in your Urbas Seal, your character will be moved to Vedas Plateau and your team will be no longer be able to participate.
-The timer begins the moment you enter Siluvinas Lair, and will continue ticking even if you leave the lair.

4. Invulnerability granted upon entering Siluvinas Lair will now be removed immediately upon moving or taking any action.

5. The health restoration granted to Boruta every 20 minutes has been removed.
-The health recovery will no longer be removed only on specific days of the week (Mon-Fri), and has been deleted entirely.

Episode 11

Added a warp service to Pajauta.
-After clearing the quest [First Steps], a character will be able to warp up to 5 times to the starting areas of each new quest chain (Barynwell 27 Waters, Outer Wall District 11, Northern Parias Forest).

Challenge Mode

1. The drop rate of weapons from normal monsters has been increased by 50%.

2. There is now a limit of 10 challenge modes at once for each channel.

3. A challenge portal will now appear after defeating less monsters.

Before: Appear after 500 monster kills
After: Appear after 200 monster kills

Unique Raid

The required number of Raid Portal Stones to enter [Astral Tower Closed Quarters] has been decreased to 4.
-After Episode 11 launched, despite showing 6 in the UI, it was only actually consuming 4.
-This update will correct the information provided to display only requiring 4.

Leveling Dungeon

Added a leveling dungeon entry NPC to Orsha and Fedimian.

BGM

Added new BGM to Klaipeda and the Episode 11 new areas.

Items

The price and weight of Ninjutsu Bombs have been reduced.
Price (300 Silver -> 100 Silver)
Weight (0.5 -> 0.1)

Class Changes

1. The information on some skill tooltips has been updated to clarify the difference between critical damage modifiers and final damage modifiers upon dealing a critical strike.

Skills:
Hasisas
Sterea Trofh
Zalciai
Epee Garde
Sharp Spear
Dragontooth
Critical Shot
Sniper’s Serenity
Blind Faith: Holy Impact
Blindfire: Skilled Gunman

2. The range of targeted skills has been increased.

Skill Changes

Dragoon

Dragoon Helmet
-SP consumption penalty decreased (200% -> 100%).
-Minimum SP consumption penalty decreased (100% -> 50%).
-Lightweight attribute SP consumption penalty decreased (150% -> 50%).
-The tooltip will be updated to state the consumption decreases with SPR stat.

Fencer

Fleche
-The AoE Attack Ratio of the skill will now increase with your AoE Attack Ratio stat instead of being fixed to 3.

Elementalist

Electrocute
-The tooltip now shows the casting time.
-Casting time reduced (1.5 sec -> 0.5 sec).

Hail
-The tooltip now shows the casting time.
-Casting time reduced (1.5 sec -> 1 sec).
-Now deals additional critical damage to [Frozen] enemies equal to [SkillLevel x 2]%.
-Now deals additional damage to [Frozen] enemies, depending on the target’s size.
Small: 150%
Medium: 100%
Large: 50%
Extra Large: 0%

Storm Dust
-No longer deals less damage to Flying enemies (damage penalty 50% -> 0%).

Stone Curse
-The tooltip now shows the casting time (1 second).
-Bonus damage for Fire/Psychokinesis increased (75% -> 100%).
-[Petrification] duration decreased (2 sec -> 1 sec, per level 2 sec -> 1 sec).
-Duration is reduced to 1/3 in PvP areas and has a max of 5 seconds.
-Diminishing returns now apply to [Petrification].

Fire Claw
-You can now select the casting position rather than it appearing underneath your character.
-Overheats increased (1 -> 2).
-Now also hits flying enemies.

Elemental Essence
-New attribute. Reduces the damage bonus on hitting elemental weaknesses by [SkillLevel x 5]%, but now also reduces the damage penalty on hitting property resistances by [AttributeLevel x 5]%.

Maximum level: 10
Requires character level 400

Appraiser

Forgery
-Duration increased (75 sec + 15 sec per skill level -> 300 sec + 100 sec per skill level).

Overestimate
-New attribute. Allows Overestimate to also apply to the party.
Maximum level: 1
Requires Overestimate level 5
SP Cost increase: 200%.

Blindside
-New attribute. Increases damage when hitting enemy weaknesses.
-Skill Factor increased (100% / 0% -> 390% / 43%).

Pardoner

Simony
-Added a list of skills to the Simony tooltip that can be made into scrolls.

Skills:
Cleric: Cure
Krivis: Aukuras, Zalciai, Daino
Priest: Monstrance, Turn Undead
Paladin: Restoration, Barrier
Oracle: Arcane Energy, Clairvoyance

Discerning Evil
-Skill Factor per level increased (0% -> 7.2%).
-When increasing debuff time, it will always increase by a minimum of 5 seconds.
-Now deals additional damage equal to [SkillLevel x 2]% for each debuff on the enemy.

Indulgentia
-Healing Factor increased (64% / 8.5% -> 76% / 10%).

Dekatos
-Now deals Magic damage instead of Physical damage.
-Now deals Holy damage instead of Strike damage.
-Skill Factor per level increased (25.6% -> 35.7%).
-Skill range increased by 10%.
-Implicit AoE Attack Ratio increased (0 -> 5).

Miko

Gohei
-Now removes debuffs from allies rank 3 and below (rank 1 -> rank 3).
-Now removes enemy buffs rank 3 and below (rank 1 -> rank 3).
-Now removes more debuffs from allies (1 -> 1~5).
-Now removes more buffs from enemies (1 -> 1~3).
-Overheats decreased (4 -> 2).
-Cooldown increased (8 sec -> 12 sec).
-Now deals 1 extra hit for each enemy buff removed (up to 3 hits).
-Heals allies with a healing factor of 200% for each debuff removed (up to 5 heals).

Omikuji
-Duration increased (10 sec -> 30 sec).
-Cooldown reduced (45 sec -> 15 sec).

Hamaya
-Cast delay reduced (1.5 sec -> 1.2 sec).
-Skill Factor increased (83% / 2.8% -> 220% / 11.5%).
-Duration of the magic circle increased (8 sec -> 10 sec).
-Hit interval increased (0.3 sec -> 1 sec).

Kagura
-Duration changed to a maximum of 10 seconds, no longer scales with skill level.
-Cooldown decreased (60 sec -> 40 - ([SkillLevel-1] x 5) sec).
-New attribute. Magic attacks dealt against enemies affected by the skill will ignore magic defense by [AttributeLevel x 3]%. It will also reduce enemy critical resistance by [AttributeLevel x 3]%.
Maximum level: 5
Requires character level: 350
SP Cost increase: 30%

Shinobi

Kunai
-Now does 5 hits to all enemies within a cone shape in front of your character instead of throwing 5 projectiles.
-When used by clones, instead of hitting twice, now deals 100% increased damage.

Katon no Jutsu
-Ninjutsu Bomb cost reduced (2 -> 1).
-SP cost reduced (95 -> 70).

Raiton no Jutsu
-Ninjutsu Bomb cost reduced (2 -> 1).
-SP Cost reduced (105 -> 78).

Shinobi: Ninja Walk
-Stamina cost reduction increased (10% -> 25%).

Bug Fixes

Many bugs were fixed.

10 Likes

Huge change here. In fact, you get one hour once you handle the seal, period. It’s like using an exp tome. Once this runs out, your contribution is done. This will change a lot of things…

Even IF it comes hundreds of years too late… I am very happy to finally witness dungeon entries in Fedimian again

4 Likes

Why??? VGA Error is not my fault <_<

4 Likes

Been taking a break from the game, but some of these changes are interesting. I may want to try Plague doctor/Pardoner with those buffs to Discern Evil. Dekatos being magic damage too is interesting and has much better synergy to allow them to spread Discerning Evil on their own.