Tree of Savior Forum

Feedback on new KTOS Boruta changes

If you concentrate boruta in two hours, you would have almost everyone at the same time, the change of an hour would not help.

If Boruta lasts 4 hours it gives possibility so that more people can enter.

I honestly like this changed time more.

As a west coast player, Boruta currently starts when most west coast people are at work.

But I understand you can’t appease everyone. Why not 9pm-1am then, so at least it meets in the middle somewhere.

To be clear I am proposing that he stay up for 4 hours, just to have the times adjusted to 8-12 instead of 10-2.

Sorry, I had not read well

I agree that the current times are heavily weighted against West Coast players which sucks. I think the one hour lockout will also encourage guilds to have 1st and 2nd string players instead of just trying to zerg him down which will be good overall.

The developers are pushing to make Boruta something that lasts longer than a day, I guess I am worried that 9-1 would pigeonhole every East Coast player to participate at 9pm, and clog up the instance.

Giving 2 hours peak for East, and 2 hours peak for West seems to be the fairest solution, provided he doesnt die in the first hour and a half as he is now.

Making the content more accessible to other guilds, and knowing you are only in there for 1 hour, will help greatly towards that goal.

Just ask Trump to make the USA have the same timezone wherever you are like China (Chinese Standard Time).

Also build that wall.

Your suggestion of time changes doesn’t really help west coasters as much as you think.

Even though you’re saying give west and east “two hours of peak time”, east coast is still in prime position to go at it first, which is better than equal amount of time.

It’s good they are trying to change this awful content, but they won’t appease everyone like I noted. So that’s why I took your original decision and just revise to be split the difference and put it in the middle.

I can’t see a solution that wouldn’t “clog up the instance”, we clearly have more than 100 players on the server during peak times, it’s more of an issue of server stability and channel limit that IMC should work toward instead of imposing these awkward rules to Boruta. Time gated content is entering mobile content territory.

This. It’s literal bullshit and no one likes it.

7 is far too early but 10 is just far too late of a start for east coast.

Best compromise solution would be to make him spawn on Saturday when no one would care about droning into work the next morning or trying to cut out of work early in most cases.

No change matters if other guilds do not want to compete for this content, currently Boruta dies in 1 hour
I am in favor of encouraging other guilds to play it

If Boruta remains being a 1-2 day boss then I agree with you. With the 1 hour lockout it will encourage more guilds to take a shot at the content since they know they can put in 1 hour and be done, as opposed to 4 hours a day of non-stop nothing.

If Boruta is extended to a 3+ day boss, then who starts matters slightly less. I agree it still sucks to have East Coasters get the first lick, but most guilds have a good balance of both east and west.

10-2 completely gates out any East Coaster with a job, so I hope they don’t pass along that change.

I would care because 90% of the time I need to go out of town on the weekends.
7 PM or 10 PM on weekdays is good for me,plus Boruta dies in about 1 h or less.

Yea but see- the reason for Saturday is because it works for most people. Typical work week is Mon-Fri so Saturday should bother the least number of people whereas 10PM-2AM is absurd on a Monday night for anyone working 1st shift (which based on a research poll by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that accounts for more than 80% of Americans).

A few people struggling with weekends should not outweigh more than 50% of the server’s population.

1 Like

I’m curious if the 1 hour timer starts when players enter Boruta Raid and it keeps on rolling even after players leave, or does the 1 hour timer pause when players leave? That can mess players up real bad. In the current state of things, I largely speculate, with pessimism, that the 1 hour timer within a limited 4 hour time slot can be another cause for drama (then again, PvP is always a cause for drama)

Everyone has 1 hour to do as much damage as possible in the time slot of 4 hours. Top guilds probably wouldn’t see much difference in their experience with the content, but other guilds who can’t get the good piece of the Boruta pie can either work hard, gear up and coordinate accordingly, or give up, or form an alliance with other guilds (or merge, or be independent) and sabotage top guilds in their 1 hour span (even waiting out the 4 hours if they choose to come back later) so other members in their guilds can damage Boruta at a later time to get more % of the overall contribution. Top guilds can partner up, one guild damaging Boruta and the other defending the attacking guild, alternating roles weekly to alternate prizes.

Conversely, top guilds can ally up so one guild can deal damage while the other guild will watch out and harass other guilds attempting Boruta in that 4 hours so the top few guilds damaging Boruta can monopolize Boruta rewards. Get three guilds into that alliance and a pattern forms with 1st and 2nd guild switching places from one attacking and the other defending, while 3rd guild staying the same from sabotaging others. Then again, if a guild has enough manpower, the guild can do all 3 by itself. The 1 hour timer gives other guilds more opportunity to reap rewards from Boruta Raid, but also gives the top guilds more incentives/reasons to resort to eliminating players (I do not believe anyone will AFK 1 hour inside and expect any rewards) to make sure they can monopolize better rewards.

In the end, that’s all speculation, haha. Just feeling like no matter what IMC does to Boruta Raid, the PvP aspect will always cause Boruta Raid to turn into a toxic salt-fest, especially with the rewards it gives. The 1 hour timer in a 4 hour time slot simply gives more incentives to sabotage other guilds. With the 1 hour timer in place, is there any reason for the 4 hour time slot to exist?

I think most alliances will die, because it usually takes more than 1 hour to the stronger guild to kill and if the stronger guild enter in the first hour with the alliance they will have to let the alliance damage the boss to gather points (the only way to get guild ranking points after update) meaning they have get the boss HP down to 49% (guaranteed 1st place since the healing is removed) and I don’t think the remaining time will be enough for the 2 other guild guarantee the 2nd and 3rd place since they are usually weaker than other opposing guild (maybe this doesn’t apply to all servers).
If the oposing guild decide to enter after the first 1h they are almost free to damage the boss, depending on the remaning HP they can easily get 2nd place or in the worst scenario 3rd.
There is a lot of possible scenarios, including the alliance waiting for the opposing guild to enter to try to delay their damage (which they will most likely fail because of difference on manpower) so the next day the 1st guild can defend the area when they try to damage their way to 2nd place.

Overall I think this change will benefy bigger guilds to get Guild Rewards when also benefying smaller guilds to get Individual Rewards.

2 Likes

Without its HP regen anymore, it MAY be possible for a stronger guild to kill or almost kill Boruta in 1 hour. Heck, if 1-3 guilds have such power, they can easily make an alliance to kill Boruta as early as possible every week by taking turns where one gets priority while others on guard/sabotage duty. Doing this with 1-3 guilds allows for a peaceful Boruta kill, which I’m sure top guilds would love compared to an all out 5+ guild GTW inside Boruta Raid.

The 1 hour limit and the 4 hour time slot gives more incentives for sabotage, be it from players or server bugs. If one can’t compete in damage, might as well deny everyone else’s contributions with whatever possibility that exists. CC the players enough and eventually Boruta will wipe the floor with them for the alliance. If the top guilds don’t carry enough Urbas Seals or if their Priests keep getting killed, I’m sure that presents a huge problem no matter how geared players may be when the 1 hour timer is still ticking.

In the face of top guilds, the changes give more incentive in sabotaging the chances of top guilds or in eliminating such possibilities from happening. It can be at the sacrifice of each guilds’ own chances if they can guarantee their chances for good rewards the following week with an alliance.

I can’t wait to see how it plays out when it reaches iToS :thinking:.

Boruta only regen around 1~2% HP every 20min, thats not really that much for guilds killing that fast.
The only reason that they kill fast is because the stronger guild is focusing in damaging the Dragon while the alliance defends them against other people, there is no way they can kill the Dragon fast taking turns.

Urbas seals are consumed only 1 time per day there is no way top guild members doesn’t have enough.

Oh the Urbas seal thing was fixed, didn’t know that.

Yeah that’s what I meant, stronger guild focusing on damaging while others defend them from sabotaging their DPS. When I said taking turns, I refers to which guild is on damaging or guarding duty each alternate week assuming both parties are capable enough to damage Boruta, not in the same instance or week.

The time limit makes it more important to make sure the full 1 hour is used to the fullest, while conversely meaning that sabotaging a guild’s 1 hour can really hurt their chances. Unless there’s a good reason for other guilds to help the stronger guild, like getting their turn damaging Boruta the following week and making the run peaceful, instead of interfering and making it more chaotic to pursue their own individual profits, the alliance with top guilds may not even happen in the first place.

Usually the ally guilds are not capable, because if they were capable of getting rank 1 whats the reason to help other guild to get. They are fine with 2nd/3rd because they know they can’t even get this vs bigger guilds. It will be a lot harder to ally now because they need to damage the Dragon to get ranking. Unless they are fine with no rewards and playing only to help the alliance / disturb the enemies.

To each his own server I guess. The server I’m in does have more than 1 guild with that capability. It will be servers with a LOT of capable guilds or servers with ONLY 1 capable guild that will have trouble with this, probably.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.