Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

I get tired of reading part of the forum because all people care about is complaining about monk>sadhu>clerics when there’s so many other classes to talk about lol should make a section for all those talks. Be hard sometimes to find new actual ktos patch information in this section

Just discuss whatever you want with regards to kToS/kTest stuff, I main Cleric classes so I talk about Cleric classes, and others with interests with Clerics simply reply in return. Other class mains also come and talk about their class, and get their replies in return.

The changes in Double Punch for Monk, a weak class very lacking if not non-existent in any meaningful changes/buffs for a long time, was just that eye-opening and controversial, Sadhu buffs keep getting weirder and weirder, and on top of that IMC wrote about adding a synergy between Monk/Sadhu/Chaplain, weak classes with some relevance to Auto-Attacks, thus the discussion with those classes.

No one is stopping you from asking about other things with regards to kToS/kTest topics, feel free to ask whatever.

Tired of “gossiping”?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

Uh no. Im articulating, albeit I could have been clearer, that the current state is an AA dps.

Palm strike is literally a worse version of god smash that enables an aoe linear kd up to 4x.
With 1 inch punch providing up to 15s silence.

Like I said those features (monk utility) could be buffed. There would be no point in making monk green as Crowd control isnt a “green” characteristic to begin with.

Forced synergies dont mean taking anything away and theyre the best tool for enabling otherwise unsupported or underpowered (via lack of cohesiveness) combinations.

Energy blast isnt weak because of Divine Stigma nor is it weak because of cappella. It is just a weak skill flat out in damage. This isnt new, energy blast was mediocre pre rebuild as well. Iy isnt being balanced on some synergies that dont bear fruit lmao.

The energy blast synergy is there to make Monk-Krivis more attractive than it would be without. Thats not to force you to gi Monk-Krivis but to aid you if you choose. Players instinctively want to combine monk with zealot/inquis because they are also Physical attack classes.

If anything given their “goal” for rebuild the game is actually lacking in these binding synergies to make more combinations work and some of them are already insufficient.

Krivis will look a bit better now with daino and aukuras improvements for Monk/Chaplain players. The energyblast synergy helps as a draw but eblast is am underpowered skill and a lot of that comes from usability due to charge time. However a Monk/Chaplain can and will offensively ,just as easily, consider zealot, inquis and druid.

These options may not make the cleric meta but none of the 3 listed outside of krivis depend on a forced synergy. Krivis synergy with Monk only helps to bring it closer in balance with other options and it still falls short but not because the synergy exists.

If they want to enable Monks non AA purposes they could have defense penetration as the monks offensive gimmick overall. This could be done by improving the armor penetration of Hand knife + Palm Strike so that they shine appropriately on high defense targets while being “mediocre” (given their SFs) on high health but lower def targets.

Excusing all the what ifs. I think buffing Double Punch is an appropriate improvement for Monk/Chap.

If you arent an AA build then DP still wont be all that attractive.

AA builds are still somewhat iffy but its nice to see that IMC is working towards well something.

Lol sorry I thought all I was seeing was a bunch of suggestions on how players want force synergy on an already op class (stating you should do this or do that) that have one or two lacking subclass. Didn’t know those suggestions were in the patch notes :frowning: my bad.

1 Like

give monk an aoe skill … not energy blast that have narrow radius :tired:

as for double punch make it 200% with lvl 100 attribute

and give back old golden shield. the only panic button that monk can give :scream:

that all i want…

1 Like

True, but CC does generally not usually fall in red either, its either green or blue class kinda thing. I wouldn’t say that players now pick Monk because of Damage. I’m simply very worried on how IMC is planning to move forward with Monks since their track record of changing Monks, for a long time, has been nothing but ignoring, nerfing or reverting changes.

Whatever IMC has done with forced synergies, so far the results have been either redundant or people take it because the two classes had some synergy in the first place with the forced synergy being an afterthought (except a very small few amount of forced synergies). Forced synergies really don’t have much impact other than giving the class another factor to balance things with. So far, there aren’t much, if any, forced synergies that are worth as vital factors in deciding class builds. Most skills from forced synergies are weaker on either side of the synergy as observed in the current patch.

Energy Blast was weak pre-Re:Build (still usable with high enhance, comparable with Double Punch due to its AoE, Holy damage, closely similar damage due to IMC introducing hit delay to Double Punch, and shorter charge time), and its Re:Build now, one would think of trying to at least do something about its damage as a DPS class skill or rework it instead of eh, making its damage worse than Auto-Attack, making it a max or nothing skill and taking 11 seconds at least to use. Energy Blast was mediocre before Re:Build, but in Re:Build its literally non-existent damage.

There was no synergy between Krivis and Monk in the first place (it was largely Zealot in the old Krivis-Monk-Zealot build for Melstis BEFORE Re:Build), and with Krivis being a magic class, there was no reason for that forced synergy to exist. All said and done, the reality of Energy Blast as a damage skill in a DPS class, is that IMC made its damage non-existent on its own and forces the use of Divine Stigma to even be remotely viable as filler damage if one desires to use Energy Blast as a DPS skill. IMC won’t allow synergies that are too crazy strong (lets say, stacking Energy Blast, Divine Stigma (adds 50%, doubles hit) and Deploy Capella (adds 160%) is potentially strong), and its base skill factor reflects that. In the first place, its hard to make Monk-Krivis attractive when there was never any attraction nor reason to pick the two of them together other than a lackluster synergy, while other classes don’t even need synergies to naturally work well with Monk or other classes. Its the classes themselves that needs help, and a few specific forced synergies lose out in the end against a solid class.

I agree that Krivis is doing better from patch notes with Daino, though it’s skill points is now quite stretched. I disagree a little if its great for Monks though, since Aukuras scales from SPR and INT, but Krivis has lackluster SPR scaling, Chaplains don’t have the best INT scaling and Monks are abysmal in both of them, making it lacking in the end for a 50% uptime skill. Outside the synergy, there is no reason for Monks to even consider Krivis as an option when, as you said, there are much better classes to choose from (Heck, if Krivis is that great, its more logical to replace Monk). In the first place, why does IMC bother making forced synergies with two classes that have nothing to do with each other (especially Krivis and Monk, two wildly different weak classes that have no synergy together otherwise).

I do wish IMC does something about Combo Monk if Auto-Attacks are getting buffed now, there are so many ways IMC could go about this (what the hell is 7.5% defense ignore going to do anyways). I can only wait to see what they will do, if they are even going to do anything about it. As it is, Auto-Attack with Monk-Chaplain, even with the hit delay and skill delay of melee Auto-Attacks, is the premier DPS option for Monks as other Monk skills simply offer similar, if not less DPS. Monk is a DPS class that only has weak damage skills and half-decent CC, and picking the best choice for DPS (Auto-Attack with Monk/Chaplain for now) is simply logical for a DPS character. If the build isn’t made for Auto-Attack purposes, one could easily argue why take Monk, a DPS class, in their build in the first place as Monk do not offer much other than its CC. Before the Double Punch buff, Combo Monk was the way to go for maximizing Monk’s damage, the buff changed that to maximizing Auto-Attacks.

The Auto-Attack buffs are great and a welcomed buff, don’t get me wrong, but the rest of the skills didn’t get touched at all. Monks are point-stretched in terms of skill points with Double Punch looking like a mandatory 15-point skill pick, and there should be no problem buffing the rest of the skills since there is no way for players to have all Monk have to offer with the lack of skill points, and will be forced to conform to certain skill builds depending on class build and playstyle. The problem with Monk has little to do with Auto-Attacks, but rather the rest of its skill set.

IMC rolling out patches until the 28th, I sincerely wish Monks get more love, really.

Give Monk mini Spirit Bomb with a big AoE radius that requires Monks to use Monk skills to accumulate stacks to use it please … And yes, old Golden Bell Shield still much better than current Golden Bell Shield.

noooo i want charging energy blast like spirit bomb … dont even care if it low dmg , the animation will be really cool to see and to use :heart_eyes:

Well, implementation would be in less than 24 hours… I’m with you, waiting for something better for Sadhu as you do for Monk, as they tackled these classes this time.

Also waiting for Chaplain, to see that interaction mentioned (or if they scratched it)

i really want and hope that charging energy blast is like spirit bomb not a long narrow line… dont even care if it low dmg …the animation will be really cool to see and to use :heart_eyes:

download

(Prays in Rubric hitbox)

Monk skills do look quite cool, loads of potential in designing Monk skills, just its damage is unbecoming for a Damage class. :sad:

I just wanted to leave this here
I saw a few people discussing something about money and gear, and then something popped up about casual players being able to get good stuff or something like that, then someone asked, what actually is a casual player, since I think of myself a casual player I thought I might respond

A Casual player: a player of the game that doesn’t really takes the game seriously but still have fun and plays in random bursts of time, often playing alone and misses around 30 - 40% of the game (especially end-game) due to his sporadic come backs and play patterns

also can include players that play with friends or even guilds, but the key is that he never plays it to be the very best or max his gear or stats, he just plays for the fun of it.

most of these players never get “decent” gear or great amounts of money (a great amount of money for them might be a tiny bit for a serious player)

I consider myself a casual player, I have been playing since the second beta and have 1316 hours on steam (remove a few from afk shop)
after that time I’m very close to a third of the necessary exp to get 1 character to 390 while having 5 or 6 more close to 250
I have no idea what gem feud is, never done a raid and primus something is the best gear I have, recently discover something called tracendance and it seems so far away from my grasp, that I have no intention to even try

yesterday someone asked me to join his guild (after I tell him the kind of player I am) and might try to do some of these things I haven’t done yet

my play pattern goes something like this, stop playing for around 3 months, and then came back to the game for about 3 months

that is my definition of what a casual player is, anything less in my mind should not even be considered a recurring player, anything more is an avid player, then serious player, then pro player after that

I will never get over the fact that Sadhu spirit is grounded but your main body floats while your spirit is out walking :pensive:

Can you get something more backward that that :relieved:

1 Like

On another note the new class Tiger Hunter is just copy paste musket but worse. Why didnt they make the tracking skill an on crit proc? Like you crit your target = you are tracking your target and that gives you the extra 50% bonus dmg and just allows you to constantly be able to sprint in combat with out the need to crit but has it naturally. The class has so many skills at 15 points that you don’t have the points to invest into any of the skills for them to actually be good.

All the new classes only have 2 costumes+accessory? Or did I miss something?

me too haven’t used hackapelle since Re:Build lol, I lost hope it’ll ever be even 1/1000th as good as archer hacka was

haka

5 Likes

What I’m mainly confused about is why IMC specifically announced that they will improve monk, sadhu, krivis, chaplain, etc. and then release test server patches where they increase skill factors and reduce cooldowns across the board for all classes making above mentioned classes stay the same as before, or become worse.

but krivis recieve 15% min crit chance buff…:sad:

Probably because IMC doesn’t have any concrete idea on the direction of how to move Sadhu, Monk and Chaplain forward since long before Re:Build.

Those classes have never gotten any proper or significant changes for a long time (Chaplain at least still had its use as Chaplain-Inquisitor due to Property Damage in the past), and Re:Build has so far been disappointing for these classes, specifically Sadhu and Monk, both which only got reused/old assets that already exists in the game, and a gimmicky playstyle that reaps little rewards compared to other solid classes.

In my opinion, the changes simply serves to worsen/limit the said classes in the bigger picture of class builds. Sadhu’s cooldown are decent to begin with, and reducing its cooldown further simply causes these weaker skills to interfere with the usage of other skills in skill rotations, or other skills get prioritized while Sadhu skills are used as filler as always, ultimately making the changes redundant. Monk’s Double Punch buff simply makes Monk locked to Chaplain builds as its the only way for Monks to do decent filler DPS. Monk never was a DPS class that had DPS anyways before the buff.

There’s literally no reason to pick the two classes compared to other solid classes as they don’t have anything special, or anything really to offer at all (Chaplain is still a bit better off, though still lackluster as well). Its been 2-3 months since IMC talked about the synergy with the 3 classes, will the 28th March patch fix anything, I wonder …