Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

If Heal’s scaling per level is still the same, the new Heal would be around 1/2 of the old Heal. And what Remiri said, it’s not like Heal is the only healing skill in game. :T

Since it’s the base Heal power, it doesn’t really matter much.

SFR Value at level 5 before Episode 11: 1000% [SFR increase per skill level = 17,5% of base value]
SFR Value at level 5 after Episode 11: 562% [SFR increase per skill level = 68,66% of base value]

Notice what IMC did with the recent skill factor changes?

Decrease the base value so that you need to put points into the skills for it to be good.
Now you need to have a level 6/7 Heal and/or decent SPR to heal,
but you also have the panic button option to Heal again and again to survive, at the cost of increased SP consumption.
In my opinion, a 1 second CD Heal with about 50% Healing is still more potent than a 100% Heal with 10 seconds CD and 2 OH.

To be honest, Heal:Linger is kinda bad now,though, with halved SFR you don’t really recover that many HP over time anymore, and with the doubled basic SP costs and the overload buff, 30% additional SP costs seem kinda overkill.

Maybe it will be lowered to 10% or 0% additional SP costs soon, or we will see many Clerics just deactivating the attribute forever.

At first Velcoffer had the ability to drop raid portal stones and there was a high chance of actually getting them other than your Velcoffer fragment. If we take into account with out paying any silver to reopen cubes and no raid portal stones droped from your Velcoffer cube it would mean you will have 2 Velcoffer fragments per week per character.

Since your a casual player this also means 1 character at most will be doing Velcoffer.

Cost of One-Handed Weapon and Off-Hand 27 fragments each
Cost of Two-Handed Weapon 36 fragments
Cost of Chest and Bottom 20 fragments each
Cost of Boots and Glove 12 fragments each

That’s a total of 118 fragments if your using a One-Handed + Off-Hand weapons and 100 fragments for Two-Handed weapons sets.

That equals to 50-59 Weeks of farming Velcoffer every week with out raid stones ever dropping. The casual player literally will take over a year to farm Velcoffer gear with out not taking into consideration raid portal stones to drop and not failing on your desired enhancement across all the gear pieces.

So how is a casual going to farm Velcoffer other than abusing the fact that IMC allowed the whales to trade their gear to other characters and build the exact same character over and over again just to manipulate and abuse a shity ingame system that forces a player to play multiple characters to do 1 piece of content in the game.

So yeah its possible to get your Velcoffer gear in a shorter period of time but if we look at it realistically for a casual player it will take more than a year.

2 Likes

If you are a casual player, you don’t really need a full Velcoffer set to play the game. Maybe weapon is nice to go with, but you can be fine with Asio, Wastrel and Ignas, honestly.

All those endgame gear are meant to be time consuming. Maybe the new 400 ones will not be that way, as it seems.

If you really want to go for Velcoffer farming, then you will have to push yourself if you want to have it as soon as possible. Regardless, once the new patch reach us, you will have 5 entries only for your Team, no more character-based entry.

3 Likes

/woosh

That is the sound of the point being missed.

I got a full velco armor set after a couple months of play, i didn’t reroll cubes. Solution was to run the content on 3+ alts per week, as it is with most content in this game.

Even a casual can farm up 100m in a few months.

Raid portal stones no longer drop out of the cubes, that makes the most expensive item, a 2h, worth 137m in rerolls–assuming you never get a single double frag or random item drop. Can you make 100m in 5-6 weeks? You can do it simply by running the raid of your choice a few times a week, raids take about 15 minutes tops to do.

Can we even define what is the casual ToS player? Is the kind of player that is into the game lore and plays for the fantasy or the kind of player that has only 5 to 10 weekly hours to use? People can also play a lot and be carefree about the game or hardcore with just a couple minutes to spend playing, that excluding the range variations on these aspects.

Either way the content before velcoffer already has hurdles in gear as any endgame content requires a decent +11 T5 weapon at least (and some require armor too), but that isn’t easy to achieve either as the most accessible endgame weapons are RNG based and most of time will come with horrible secondary stats. As time is limited, the time based casual player can’t do velcoffer and farm silver at the same time, in fact it may even require to use all the farmed silver to invest on characters as the game isn’t designed to be played without considerable gear investment (which transcended drop seems to try to fix).

If we assume this kind of casual player has 1h daily it can do 3 CM and saalus (without any variance), that’s not that much silver. Along that the usual expected behavior for players is to have diverse characters instead of clones as the only reason for doing so is to farm, this alone makes the entry point higher as it can increase the weapon investment by x2~x3.

It can be argued that casual players shouldn’t be taken in consideration over velcoffer as the target playerbase is hardcore but the game doesn’t offer much for those that try escaping it. 60+ runs for an asio/wastrel recipe if you don’t get lucky or appeal to market, of course you can get a recipe (even if an unwanted) and sell or trade it but that’s not easy to factor in. Now if the poor soul decides to go for masinios, as it has higher recipe drop, it will have a bad time crafting it as drops are terrible even with swell. To top it up Lolopanther and Solmiki mobs are way stronger than their content level range which makes the whole thing pointless (yes, i know they’ll change it later on).

Can one be really satisfied with a +6 T5 0 pot primus spear with +X INT, + X SPR and +X Stamina? Is it right to tell this guy to keep investing on this depressing weapon, after ditching most if not all its money and time on it, cause other way it won’t be able to play the game?

Yes, i know i’m exaggerating but is that as far from what the game is directed to? I wonder how newcomers/returnees can play once their 30d gears are gone.

3 Likes

Let’s make that 40m per month. If you do daily CM, you only need to play about 20 minutes a day, but you can get 700k - 1m in silver soloing it till stage 5/6 + some materials you can sell for a few dozen k silver.
That’s about the timeframe I would say is doable as casual without breaking a leg.
30x 1m + 8x 1m from doing 8 Velcoffer runs + random lucked items that actually sell for some money is ± 40m per month.

With 40m, you can at best reopen 4 velcoffer cubes, which produces 12 + 8 = 20 fragments per month.

The new system is way better, you can do 5 runs per week with one character, and you don’t have to spend any silver on opening any cubes, which means all the money you earn per week can go into upgrading/transcending/ichoring instead.

Most of the concerns are removed with Episode 11, though.
Legendary gears drop in the fields, crafted uniques will have T5 at the start, uniques dropping in CM will be T0 - T5, Velcoffer has 5 entries per team per week and additional entries via legend raid portal stone, you can use 3 materials to get an ichor with 100% chance.

It will be very easy for people to catch up when it comes to basic content (not talking about Boruta items,though), especially with the upcoming strengthening of item awakening, Velcoffer set effect selection, and increased availability of legendary enchant crystals from breaking down Velcoffer equipments and new level 400 legendary drops.

crafted uniques will have T5 at the start

So crafted thing can’t be trade 1:1?

So if I get it right, there are no Savinose drops from mobs right? They will drop the Planium item, which is pretty much like an essence from ET that can be exchanged for the Savinose item of our choice. Then the generated item will have random stats that can be overwritten if we decide to ichor it.

And the new vials? Those are directly purchasable from Teliavelis?

Mass heal
Indulgeltia
Tree of Sepiroth
Restoration
Grass

Say hi

1 Like

If I understood it right, there are two kinds of legendary gears:

1. the legendary gears that drop in fields, they can be exchanged for planium and have random stats.
  2. The legendary gears that you can craft with planium.
    If the developers blog entry is true, they will have a certain elemental property,
    a set effect and can receive an ichor (so basically identical with the Velcoffer crafting system)
1 Like

More skill changes for many classee as well as CM 6 & 7 monsters and bosses being on steroids now.

2 Likes

After all my protesting, the Hackapell buffs are finally here. And they’re not terrible! A cooldown reducing buff?! Synergy with Highlander?! Cleave and Seism can be used on mount?!

I… I just…

3 Likes

Blink When blinking , party members in the near 100 range will move in the same direction .

Over-hit : 1 → 2

never was a fan of Blink teleportation, over-hit is good but am worries about the party thing…

if they made Blink as good as current Psycho teleport, then I would be less annoyed by it been dumb down and throw to the masses + my disappointment in current blink would go…

Alchemist Combustion Cooldown time : 32 → 20

It’s Something yay

(Reads Monk Buffs)

bfc

So now Monk’s contribution to the Auto-Attack Overall Damage is major enough for Chaplains to deem essential in an Auto-Attack DPS Build. Loads of skill points into Double Punch at the expense of other Monk skills, too.

IMC really wants to push Auto-Attacks to Monks, huh …

2 Likes

God, they can’t stop messing with Sadhu…

Damaging skills were not decent, and with recent buffs + old Prana they might have been better… but now they took it away by changing Prana.

I mean, I like what they did for OoB here and the new crit chance for Prana, but they indirectly reduced ABE, Vashita and Possession damage. Hope they increase multipliers a little to compensate.

It seems they forget that OoB, ABE and Vashita are slow and take time to use. On the other hand we have classes that deal huge damage with simpler skills (looking at you, Exorcist and Inquisitor)

EDIT: nevermind, I can’t read google translate properly -_-

I really want Hackapell to have synergy with Templar but the Horse is a skill and not a mount…sigh.

My Hackapell is dormant for now and waiting/hoping they give some sort of synergy with Templar.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m wrong (google translate is… tricky), but I think the part they removed is the extra damage you receive when prana is active, not the extra damage you apply on your other attacks.

I’m still not sure if the magic crit chance is on your attacks or incoming ones, lmao.

Checking these links (both Prana, iToS and ktest respectively) kinda supports my thoughts
https://tos.neet.tv/skills/40506
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/40506