Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Holy ■■■■ at what they did to cleric heal.

• Original: 588%
  • Change: 150%
    The SP consumption changes from 124 to 250. (Based on 300 level)
    [Heal: Overload] The buff duration time is changed to 3.5 seconds.
    [Heal: Overload] The amount of SP consumed per buff stack is changed from 20% to 50%.

Also, yay for more overheats to Shinobi’s skills… when the clones still die nearly instantaneously :tired:

1 Like

Lacrymator from rogue, but I’m not sure if it count as a real silence for the game -_-

1 Like

Peacemaker inflicts silence for 3s

Velco has been out for a year. A new set of gear once a year is perfectly acceptable. This is the one MMO where you don’t replace your gear every 3 months. Also no one “massively invests” in Masinios, they cost virtually nothing. The Velco problem is the same as the Solmiki problem before it: People spent a long time investing in the gear and then they don’t want to get rid of it even when upgrades come out. That’s the exact wrong way of thinking.

The bigger issue with Tree in particular is that they do want people who invested in old gear to be rewarded, which is why you see such absurd requirements for certain types of end game gear. Look at accessories–you need best in slot items all the way from back in rank 7, combined with best in slot from ranks 8, 9, and 10, and Boruta, if you want good accessories. Just because they didn’t want people who invested all that time with world bosses way back when to feel like it was wasted. And when new people want to get them? They have to slog back through years of content they never did to try to afford things no one wants to farm, to get them.

2 Likes

so they kind of fixed dragoon. Instead of draining SP, it now increases the sp of your skills.

Heal skill factor decreased from 588% to 150%, but SP cost doubled from 124 to 250, and Heal: Overload buff increases consecutive casts from 20% to 50%, on top of it already being buggy half the time to use … yeah Heal is going to be such a time-wasting, SP-inefficient and useless skill for Clerics who don’t have much SPR.

Might as well buy HP potions instead of wasting SP and SP potions for Heal or save Skill Points from Heal with it being such an inefficient skill, but Guardian Saint being tied to Boruta Seal kinda makes it a waste not to use Heal if one takes Guardian Saint, and there aren’t many other skills in the Cleric Skill tree worth adding points into outside Guardian Saint and Heal …

Way to go, IMC.

3 Likes

They should just add a feature to rank up equipment to the level tier (ex 350 -> 380), if the only real element of choice is secondary stats that should be the real element to be pushed over when designing equipment.

The RNG nature from unindenfied equipment was supposed to give players true variance on how we build gears but with all the undesired stats it backfires, specially now that the base stats don’t have value outside certain trees. Worst part is that, from personal experience, only 1~3% of them gets max line count and even then it only some few will have desirable colors, primus is already rare by default so getting it to be in this 1~3% range is absurd and even then the colors of those lines may be the exact opposite you’re looking for. Reroll is also a joke as it feels like it snapshots the equipment first stats and pushes one of those to stick around regardless of how many times you do it, i recall a cloth armor with only 2 green lines that had +50 DEX back then and from 10 out of 12 rolls it gave me DEX back.

It’s funny that re:build changed the game to have all classes (trying) to be equally good but a lot of the equipment with +X Class Skill Level effects are in the earlier levels. Cryomancer in particular has Audra for +2 on all skills as a lvl 170 weapon and not a single staff after that tried to follow it up, if a player ever wants this feature it has to submit itself to not have any offensive power at late game due low MAtk. This may be an absurd example but i can see many players wanting other weapon secondary stats than newer ones for their particular builds, any player that wants to have some extra MDef could rely on Pierene Sword for but being a purple weapon 4 tiers behinds doesn’t work for the game, better wait IMC to release a new one (which may never happen). Right now Solmiki is already 2 tiers behind velcoffer and it doesn’t offer any choice on different stats, episode 11 it will be 3 tiers behind the top legendary and this will keep going to the point ET will be beyond pointless or they change it completely in some weird unnatural thing

As much as having options of masinios, asio or wastrel is good there might be a specific case where one of them doesn’t appeal to a player, even then velcoffer can be discontinued completely in the future and become the next lolopanther. If IMC wants players to use their time that much implement a weapon rank up as some sort of time consuming (and fun please) feature, let players have lvl 400 Audras, Pierene Swords and Lolopanther Pistols (with standard endgame socket count) if they want to instead of this non nonsensical RNG battle and escalation.

Note - Just to make sure this won’t be misunderstood at no point i want equipment to have their rarity increased permanently, this could be done as a temporary buff in some sort of shop service but not as a definitive thing. If Pierene Sword manages to become a lvl 400 weapon it will remain as a purple, it may gain some bonuses on secondary stat values (along not being equippable for lower level chracters) but it won’t be able to outperform the offensive of any legendary of same level.

PS - I forgot to add the fact ToS isn’t as friendly on crafted gears as well, the whole masinios line is horrible to farm for a single weapon, risking a single unit to extract ichor or taking 3x time and materials aren’t good choices, even then the velcoffer part can flop on enhancement getting you to start all over. The whole equipment building aspect of ToS is a torture device.

3 Likes

The equipment build aspect is really dreadful and painful. That’s why, with new better end game gear in sight velcoffer lose all its meaning. I’m a returned player from re:build. Now, I’m feeling fooled by working on Velcoffer equipment. This is tiresome.

2 Likes

Thx for your translation & feedback @crevox . Just one question, did you got any image or stats from pistol & shield? i don’t see it in that link from tos.nett.

Loved the damage boost for Sadhu.

As for Exorcist: delete Aqua Benedicta, you are slowly destroying the skill. Bring Magnus Exorcismus back instead of it.

2 Likes

I think it’ll devalue shards a bit because having things drop-with-transcendence means less shards will be used, but I don’t think it’ll make them “worth nothing.” For one, the early levels of transcendence cost the least, so a large fraction of shards won’t actually be saved. Secondly, most people don’t even transcend random-drop (primus) all the way. They usually go to about 6 or 7 then start working on Velcoffer. So I think it’ll only drop the value a bit, unless they also add more sources.

I think this should be nice for newer players that struggle to get something to even transcend 4, but it won’t be ground-breaking for well-established players.

3 Likes

Here @solo.yoshi

It was filtered before https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/items?ulvlmin=400&grade=5&f=1 now display all new legend of 400

It’s also an MMO where it takes you more than a year to get your Velcoffer gear if your playing it like a normal person since its stupid expensive to craft it, then stupid expensive/RNG to upgrade it, then stupid expensive/RNG for set bonus and lastly stupid expensive/RNG to get your gear stats(Ichor System).

System upon system upon system just for 1 item.

The Devs make 1 good step in the right direction and then take 3-5 steps back. We can see this with nearly every patch, they have no idea what they are doing and ask for absurds amount of farming for a single piece of gear.

4 Likes

The Korean GMs seem to have a YouTube channel with a somewhat weekly podcast.

Can someone add subtitles to the video, or give us a condensed summary of what they’re talking about?

6 Likes

That’s quite a deep voice for a kupole :hey:

Maybe that was a Drag Queen Kupole

1 Like

Kupoles are kinda angels so, in theory, genderless. Right? Anyway, doesn’t change the fact it looks like a trap…

Edit: btw, youtube can translate to english the subtitles it automatically makes in korean. Worked middling fine here.

images%20(1)
immediately thought of Puri puri prisoner.

5 Likes

Owl carving The skill factor per level is changed.

• Existing: 1.2% per level

• Change: 12% per level

for a sec I thought the person was drunk cause that . was hard to spot D:

2 Likes

It’s a pretty common thing with MMOs, and TOS is increasing level cap all the time. Lots of old weapons have the same design if you look. But I agree that it was really lazy for a tier of new gear that would get legendary quality with. Better wait for new 400+ raids to see what they have in the ‘creative’ category.

1 Like