Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

honestly confused about Cloaking changes… just why ?

2 Likes

New classes meet in the field…

2 Likes

They should change ignas card cloak. Allow DOT not able to effect cloaking but at the same time you can’t reapply cloaking until current effect is canceled or ends.

Nice for Assassin since their buff hurts you… too bad the buff barely does anything since the game is so laggy for everyone.

My guess is that, since they already started giving other trees skills with invulns at their bases, that scout will either have a few more skills with invulns to compensate (even though many of them already have quite long ones), or they’ll add one to the base as well. Or perhaps have every “core” scout path have at least one. Cloaking has always been a bit of a mess for a wide variety of reasons.

Cloaking can serve as more of an opener and a way in, which it always served for archer’s purposes, I don’t see why that would change once it got moved over to scout, especially given its shorter (non-100% uptime) duration. I don’t think it was ever intended as a means to escape, though you have the option with Ignas if you so desire. It’s get in, murder somebody, peace out.

Isnt that exactly what an assasin do?

Hide in the "shadows"for the right moment to strike and kill the enemy.
And disapear without a trace afterwards.

I played assa on ro for 15 years it shouldn´t have a Cd or downtime at all.
Let get a high sp drain but even more downtime?

:sad:

1 Like

The ichor change is literally exactly what people wanted. Giving an option to pay more for a guaranteed success. This is a good change for people who hate ichor RNG.

2 Likes

The numbers don’t really add up well though. A 5% rate per attempt for 13 potential right now is roughly a 50% overall chance of success. So the expected/average number of items per ichor is 2. You might say that the 3rd item is for the guarantee, but that just looks crappy from a probabilistic perspective.

1 Like

I think it would be hard to find players who’d risk ichoring with one item otherwise.

1 Like

they roll it on paper and smoke :haha:

That’s because its just the first stage
Later on they will add gatcha items that replace your 2nd + 3rd equipment sacrifice, so you can just do it with 1 item only

Do you even IMC bro?

3 Likes

Cant wait to see Sheriff skills in action…

am so proud of them for using pants…

not the colors I wanted but is a step forward :blush:

1 Like

When they will introduce that patch ? Thx.
kTEST I mean…

omg sheriff is so good for PvP, I’m probably rerolling my BM-Ench-Assa to have a sheriff. that will be a tough decision tho.

1 Like

Question, following your idea on the game’s lore then did you lost your mind when you found out that Corsairs are fighting on land and not the sea?

You actually have 14 tries per item at a 5% chance per potential if the item has a maximum of 13 potential.

1 Like

That’s really cool! i thought that matross was the musket class but apparently is Tiger hunter XD.

I think the biggest problem for musket class is the lack of skills to use combined with low AOE (Aiming from falcooner is really important IMO to use penetration shot/covering fire properly) damage but i think musket class was focused to be a single target dps, i hope they made more damage skill, maybe prime load will work with tiger hunter? that would be really nice…

Are we talking about lore or game economy? Lore-wise there is no difference between any of the reagents nor the weapon you use to channel your magic in wizard tree. Magic users use a lot of different magic artifacts to channel their magic: sticks, stones, bones, books, charms, crystal balls, dolls, etc. Again: guns are not well known for doing that, nor bow and arrow, nor cannons, rapier, swords, dagger (even tho lot of witches use one). That is why i see no problem in the lore of the game as magic users.
Economy-wise they added these different reagents that we need to spend money on. I hate it, but i get it.

The only class i have trouble with is linker being in scout tree. I love the class, don’t get me wrong. I used to main linker and i kinda still do. But it is weird how it works now.

Calculating it with 13 attempts versus 14 attempts is a difference of 49% versus 51% overall chances of success. I’m already rounding when I say 50%, and it’s sufficient to say that it takes about 2 items on average to get an ichor, if you are rounding to the nearest whole item.

1 - (0.95)^13 = 0.48665791672
1 - (0.95)^14 = 0.51232502088

If we take into account the same formula and take it to three gears of potential 13, you will see that the probability of hitting is 86%, so ensuring 100% with three gears is a favorable change

1 - (0.95)^13 = 49%
1 - (0.95)^26 = 74%
1 - (0.95)^39 = 86%