Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

i mean i was really excited that they buffed scouts but also a bit concerned about the future of the class now that the main idea is Slash Skills and if you want to especialize in Pierce skills you will need to invest in Rogue, they might tweak that in the future also with more pierce , slash and pistol based scouts classes.

Those latest set of buffs are still in ktest I think, it’s very unlikely it gets included unfortunately. (I want it too cause I’m interested in a high attack speed hackapelle build)

I’m hoping that we’ll at least have the balance up to the point where pardoner buffs are treated as separate from their priest counterpart buffs, but even that one was fairly recent.

if they had talked,

“yes, the corsair will mathematically generate more result, but I do not like the gameplay of the corsair, I will play with one that I like more even losing the extra drop of silver”

I would not enter into discussion, hand are wanting to make rational excuses to justify an irrational choice, do not want to admit that even the corsair being better, they prefer to play with something more fun, is the great problem of the human, not being able to admit that what he likes is not always the best

1 Like

(I was really happy that they buffed the synergy of corsair and Assassin and also the new changes to enchanter) yeah, there were few changes to other classes, alchemist still missing the homunculus, and other classess still feel forgotten.

One thing that makes me think we are getting one of the ‘1st’ versions of Re:build is this video they released today:

At 02:08 the base HP for each class is shown and Scout has 75% only.
But there’s this kTest patch from almost two mounths ago (11/20) when all base hps for every class (except swordsman) got a little buf — Scout going from 75% to 85%, for exemple.

2 Likes

Except this isn’t about what’s more ‘fun’. this is about effectiveness. You’re trying to claim that the corsair is 100% factually the best farming option in a vacuum which just isn’t true. We’ve been bringing up other reasons why it may SEEM like the corsair is the best option but in fact, may not actually be in practice.

A problem of being human is also getting blindsided by your own perceptions of things and not considering other viewpoints. All I ever hear from you is “I this, I that I only do this, I only play like that, I only make this, I only want to hear about assassin/dagger. I think assassin/dagger should be single target dps against boss. I I I I I.” not “why would other people with different needs choose a different solution and what are the benefits of this?”

Onmyoji farmer in the current build of the game is probably better than anything else you can choose for pure versatility sake alone, yet they aren’t nearly as popular as featherfoot. Why? because featherfoot is comfortable to play, very accessible, and takes little commitment both mechanically and logistically. It isn’t always about what’s best, sometimes it’s just about what works best.

(having said that, I will always go for the most difficult yet rewarding option unless I really like a certain playstyle, in this case featherfoot.)

1 Like

Oh! thats true !
Damn kinda wished they lowered the delay between servers… (would make easier for the dev team not having to work with 4 or 5 different game builds including test and dev test side :V , one can only dream…)

Are you trying to argue with math,

Ex:
thauma+linker+any = 10 in farm result
thauma+linker+corsair = 10+1(thanks to the pillage)

11 is more than 10, “ha, but is only 1”, no matter! this is math!, 11 is more than 10!, corsair is what produces the most result, and that’s what it means be the best at function

The guys are angry that I turned this on “corsair thread”, this is a hypocrisy since several times the people here have turned it into “cleric thread”, but whatever, I will not justify my mistake with the mistake of others, so I’m sorry, I’m not going to be arguing with people wanting to argue with math

the “corsair thread” is closed, I promise

You’re only looking at a small part of a big picture though. That math only provides you with the gains the build can provide, and yes it can provide you the most potential loot per kill, but that does not make it the best farming build. Just the build that can POTENTIALLY get you the most loot if you do not factor in any usability.

It’s like trying to decide what kind of drawing tablet you want as an artist. Apple ipad pro’s pen and screen are the best you can find, except you’re buying an apple and have to deal with all the negatives that come with their trashy app based systems. If you’re looking to be efficient, a galaxy tab or something with a working file system might serve you better in the long run.

the video is a translated version of ktos video, they just took time to translate things…

I know.
In ktos they implemented this version, with 75% for Scouts (this is just an exemple).
We’ll probably get this same 1st patch implemented in ktos too — not sure if in ktos live servers they already have these november-december ktest patches working.

Don’t think that will happen as that patch was for kTest which was before the release to the kToS patch. I think this is a old video that got made before any kTest balance patchs and the kToS reBuild Patch. IMC is known to be lazy with a lot of things and the community picks up on their slack. They were so lazy to re-render the english version of the video which would take like 15 minutes with the updated correct information. They have like 40 “slides” across the whole video and it would not take that long to verify all the information that is put up on the screen, at most 1 hour.

This is disingenuous. Why would a +any only kill 10 if that +any allows them to kill more than 10? You basically chose to compare a sub-optimal +any farming instance with the optimal +corsair farming instance.

Using your faulty logic, the optimal outlaw instance would allow 30 kills. 30 > 11.

Your faulty “10+1” is reliant on the assumption that pillage remains at 15% (5% per rank), but since we are losing ranks we don’t even know how much pillage is going to be.

Another example using your faulty logic would be farming in HG for gear, where it is the worst possible case to farm gear, because pillage doesn’t work on hg gear. 1 more example using your faulty logic would be farming silver in cm because silver doesn’t drop from the mobs there.

If you want to nit pick only the best scenarios where pillaging works, you have to compare it to the best scenarios where the others work (which is not just 10 kills in a free dungeon).

@topic
Does anyone have numbers on how much more damage and CD scout dagger skills are getting? What ever happened to scouts being the AA class? Is it really going to be just pistol builds that follow this? Higher dagger CD’s could mean more time to AA, BUT because we can take more classes to increase the number of CD’s we have its going to be much of the same.

You basically drop a support class for another dagger class to fill in the gaps in the cycle. Worse comes to worse and you drop all support classes for dagger classes (like shino-sin-cor) and just have someone else buff.

Here is an example of how you increase dagger damage and cd without turning into the same piano playstyle we have today.

• Scout attribute to buff dagger atk (or damage) by x per AA for 1 to 2 sec. This allows you to “build up” dagger skill damage while they are on CD. X has to be big enough so that max x times all dagger skill damage (in 1 class) is greater than “adding another dagger class”
  • Damage isn’t the only way to go about it. You could have x per AA that reduces dagger skill costs. SP is scarce in rebuild with SPR no longer providing it.
  • You can also have AA reduce CD like how nak muay reduces its CD’s via skill use.

Hey @victor_afffff, that’s really cool, but could you please tell us more about this mysterious Buba cave? ~

Just kidding of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with kTOS or remotely anything I keep coming back to this thread for…

Should we make a new thread for you guys to discuss effectiveness of different farming methods or are you big bois?

2 Likes

Can I buy Asio/Wastel on the market then trade to other kind in rebuild?

Came for new news, got people arguing about farmer builds.
GG

Well, at least they’re talking about something besides Cleric for once, I guess

7 Likes

(Preps Monk discussion again and take over kToS thread with Monk-ness)

Jkjk

2 Likes

We can gladly return to cleric discussion anytime. It seems people get butthurt whenever a single class is discussed/debated for too long.

The farmer build stuff is actually a pretty big deal considering how valuable of a playstyle farmer builds can be. I’m pretty sure a lot of people who enjoy these builds were curious about how well the new thaum/linker played with the scout classes. I’m pretty stoked to hear about the power of linker/thaum electric shock.

What does peak my interest is the change pillage might get since current pillage is reliant on ranks (5% chance to trigger per rank) and ranks are going away.

Yeah same. There’s actually very little footage of pillage proccing. I wonder if it still works the way it does on live. I’m going to assume it just procs at max rank though.