Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

pillaging only drops normal mob drops and silver, zero equipment.

Not really indisputable. You also have to consider the benefits you’ll get for taking Squire, being able to warp to hunting ground locations easily without having to walk back for long. Also, Assassin or Outlaw for its safety in avoiding damage, meaning you spend less money on pots.

I’ll still take Corsair for the additional silver, but it won’t be as smooth and playable as the other variants due to corsair having zero means of mitigating damage. The reason Featherfoot was everybody’s go-to farmer was because of its sustain, allowing it to stay for a long time in hunting grounds without having to go back or bring pots.

my farm charcter are thauma3>linker3>sage2, has no sustain, and I do not take pots to farm, do not need, if you know how to play, and jump cast, you do not suffer damage, sage 2 is able to hit hit kill in the combo, tanks to the sleep 200% damage with neutral skill, This allows me to be linker 3, and not linker 2 equal to most of FF’s, so I kill 10 in 10 monsters in the combo, FF’s kill 8 in 8,

I have a specific character who is squire, I do not need to mix the squire with the farm character, the squire will going to set up camp for my farm character, I’m going to have camp and pillaging,

I already do this nowadays, my squire arms the camp to my other characters, I do not need to have squire in a character that has another function, I make a character for each function, I do not mix functions,

my characters who are “tools” for the account, not “real” characters, are made the most optimized possible to fulfill a specific function, I have a character that only makes uphill for example

I don’t play with my alchemist+enchanter, He only lives in the city and craft pot and scroll

I don’t play with my uphill sorcerer+necro, He only lives in the salus and make uphill

I don’t play with squire, he only existe to make camp

I don’t play with my farm character, he only farm in free dungeons

I don’t play with my shop character(apraiser), it just exists to stay with the shop open, and optimize my farm, since it would be more expensive to check all the items in other shop

I don’t play with my cleric scroll crafter, it just exist to craft scroll and dispeller

tool character is not to play, are for work

You can’t swell 10 monsters at once in a combo with that build though, since Swell’s max limit is 8 anyway, so there’s really no point in that linker 3 unless you don’t care about killing unswelled monsters and potentially missing a double drop.

Beyond that, a sage character can be made by themselves if you want to sell portals. They don’t really offer you anything in combat that a featherfoot can’t as a farmer. With my Featherfoot, I don’t need to play optimally to avoid damage. I can face tank enemies all day long and farm lazily and efficiently. I suppose you can use the sage’s portals to travel to the dungeons easily, but that’s not necessary when you already have a squire.

Some tools are fun and fill multiple functions at once. A spork for example. Or an umbrella that also functions as a walking stick. All of my utility characters are carefully constructed so that I get the most value out of them for their build. My alchemist is also a scroll crafter, my pardoner is also an oracle who can farm manahas parts, etc. Character slots cost real money after all.

When it comes to corsair as an option, Scouts don’t have the defensive and control options that Wizards currently do. Nor do they have the luxury of using Transpose in order to make themselves very tanky while farming. Survivability and ease of use will be factors in determining which of these options is the most effective. Corsair seems like the best bang for your buck with a separate scout providing camp boots but in practice it may not be able to sustain itself well enough in the new HG’s that come after baubas.

10 monster

10 monsters

Oh right, you chose to keep sage at 2, so you get to have both at lv 15. Fair enough. You can do this with a featherfoot as well though.

He literally just linked his ingame skills, and i do the exact same build in the 380 HG and have been using it for the past 2 months. Works perfectly fine but their are sometimes when you pull 11 monsters and swell 1 random mob outside of your link.

sleep
link
thauma skill
hitkill with micro dimension

can not be more efficient than this, “They don’t really offer you anything in combat” :expressionless:

yep

I can do that with a featherfoot though and I don’t need to use Sleep. Again, it’s nice, but it’s nothing unique to Sage. You can do the same with Enchanter or Onmyoji or whatever. And again, by your argument, there’s no point in using sage’s portal to warp to the dungeons if you can already just make a sage to do that on a different character, and use something else as your farming final that actually offers you unique options (FF’s healing and levitation)

my point is not that, my point is to refute the need for sustain, showing that I do not use FF, I use sage 2, so I have 10-in-10 monsters, and I have a more efficient farm than FF’s that farm of 8-in- 8

But I can make a FF 2 with 10-10 if I want and have all of those same benefits plus the option of sustain. You don’t need FF3 in order to oneshot even in baubas.

you might not ‘need’ sustain, but it is an excellent thing for a farmer to have. It can save you time and effort, especially when we are talking about squishy scouts here who’s primary means of defense is evasion.

this is not the point, the point is, “i don’t have sustain”, and i don’t need, so its argument that it is not indisputable that corsair is the best because he has no ways to avoid damage is completely devalued

but you’re not playing Re:build, or a scout for that matter. And even if you don’t ‘need’ something, doesn’t mean that having it won’t make your build better because the option exists. Sustain is a universally useful perk and you never know when it might come in handy. Better to have it than to be caught without and end up losing your blessed shards because of a lag spike.

Ok, guys, lets be real, every build has both pro and cons, nothing is absolute, lets move on!

The real question is: Will we get the latest patch that they launched or we will stay behind again?

4 Likes

all the scout linker+thauma farmer have a instakill combo, 20s cd, instakill thauma+linker combo, 20cd, instakill thauma+linker combo, etc…

all the scout linker+thauma farmer don’t need suatain

What’s the difference between the options ? there is no difference, just one, corsair have an extra drop of silver, there is nothing to discuss, it’s a matter of logic

having an instakill combo is something you expect from the farmer, so it’s not even part of the equation here. This is all about what the final option can offer and how well they can survive in the high lv hunting grounds. Don’t forget we’re going to get one more after baubas. How are you so sure they won’t need sustain?

Corsair is the best option IF and only if it can survive comfortably forever in the dungeon until it runs out of carry weight, with using the minimal amount of pots. Pretty sure scouts get a weight up attribute too, which means longer farming times and more loot. Corsair may be the better option if you value silver, which I certainly do, and Assassin or Outlaw may be the best option for survivability (useful for players with lower ping)

There’s fun factor, if you can farm for longer while having fun it’s definitely more fun than not having fun.

There’s character slot/function factor, some people want to use only 1 slot for farmer and squire. Some people also want to have a farmer that can do CM or other content, so they’d choose BM or SR. (This is what was in Greyheim’s video where you dropped that corsair comment btw) Even the least optimal farmer Linker-Thaum-Enchanter is actually the top full support scout build if you take a second look.

And yes there’s maximum efficiency factor, like you keep pushing for corsair with its additional silver gain.

Sheesh lighten up, it’s a game not work.

2 Likes

Remember when this thread used to be about ktos?

16 Likes

I’m really concerned with that too.
I think we’ll probably stay behind ;/

1 Like

That detective is the right Question.

1 Like