Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

With the release of FAQ3.0 and seeing the patch is coming next week, allow me to give my 2cents on the new, upcoming Re:build.

This patch just gives me the feeling of 龙头蛇尾 (“Dragon’s head, snake’s tail” : implying a strong start but weak finish)

Great concept in making classes start from the same starting line and normalising them. Good implementation of some of the classes but somehow in the middle after the 1st few select classes, the others are just quickly glossed over. Gives people the feeling that some are really well thought and all the rest are just done up hastily to meet the deadline.

Awesome start, pathetic finish

Hope IMC can quickly come up with Re:build2, Re:build3 and Re:build4, sigh.

11 Likes

you are not discussing with him, you just spam that statement everywhere

@c2gaming.seetoo nope, still the same old pillage, cant steal anything that doesnt have loot table, which only useful to farm maxed at masinios.

no, you cant. Once the rebuild patch arrive, exchange your weapon first then do anything you want to do with it.

2 Likes

Then it’s still only useful for very select content, right? Unless I’m ok with 1 character doing specifically 1 thing. Personally I would like for pillaging to grant loot stats so it isn’t only for loot table drops (and the other way around would be nice too).

1 Like

Well instead of putting ALL farming Skills beside DPE in the same tree they should give every class a usefull farming skill …

I bet Double Pay Earn/Pillage are still is pathetic after rebuild like it is now …

CM is a “daily event”, the real nice farm is in free dungeon(bubas cave), mosnter in bubas cave drop silver

if you farm 4h p day (I do + or - this, i go in bubas cave and farm 30m, 8 times per day), I go back to the city every 30m, and i make 1kk + or - in this time, is 8kk silver per day, with pillage this will double, you’re underestimating the drop of silver in bubas

CM is “just an example” and is not the only thing pillage does not affect. For example, HG gear isn’t part of loot tables per monster so pillage doesn’t affect it. I used to have a pillager when farming gems in dp2. I stopped doing that when I learned pillage only produces lv1 gem. And silver pillaging is basically “chump change” considering the effort required and the avenues available for better silver farm.

Unless CM silver is drastically reduced, you get more than enough for a very small time investment. If that ok with YOU then by all means go for it. But YOU are not the standard. And just because you say something, doesn’t make it true.

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve farmed with corsair, but I remember pillage giving me significantly less silver than what the mob would give me when killed. I’d end up with something like 20-25% more silver when farming with corsair compared to farming without one. So I really doubt being corsair would give you 2x silver overall.

1 Like

how much extra silver or extra drop will any other class give you ? so whatever the corsair gives is more than the great NOTHING that the others give, that makes her the best

It’s not a matter of opinion, it’s a fact, every class that completes the “thauma+linker” build kills the mobs in the same facility, the only difference between classes is that the corsair provides extra drop (silver) and the others do not

I have 13 character, and 1 of hers are my farm character, my farm character meke only one thing, farm in bubas cave, nonting than this, and most people have their “farm character” that only has this function in life, is not a real character, it’s an account tool that only gets logged in to go in the free dungeon and farm using a full loot chance gear

using this argument that other classes in place of the corsair makes the character have other utilities besides going to the free dungeon and farm, you are just looking for an excuse to put something else in place of the best class for the function, because you want use another one that you like more, but I’m not talking about personal preference, I’m talking about results, the farm character is a tool, does not have to be fun, has to be as efficient as possible, and the most efficient as possible is thauma + linker + corsair, because the corsair is the only option available as 3rd class in this build that will give you something extra in the farm, this is not opinion is fact

Want a specific example? An outlaw will be able to taunt 30 mobs vs the regular body pull of a corsair. Loot comes from kills and outlaw offers the ability to kill more at a time. That is an example of how a non corsair scout provides extra drops.

So again, just because you say it, doesn’t make it true.

3 Likes

if you kill the mobs of the spot before returning the thauma + linker combo CD, you’ll be emptying the spot, the CD will come back and there will not be 10 mobs for you to do the combo, and you’ll be losing drop not generating extra drop

dont overextend this debate about a single skill on a general post. =_=

9 Likes

So your argument is to point out how to use the skill incorrectly? Genius right here.

Have you farm in free dungeons ? You apparently do not know how to farm in free dungeons

you only can do this after kill red mob, something that happens rarely

in the spot don’t have suficient mobs to do this, you need make the thauma+link combo, and wait the cd witout kill the rest of the mobs to have suficiente mobs in the spot to make the combo again when the combo comes back of the cd,

this is the most optimized way of farm, if you use the thauma+link combo in 10 monsters, and after this continue to kill monster instend of wath the cd to do the combo again, you will kill the spot, and will have a less efficient farm than a person who is make in the right way

every thauma + linker need make the combo, and wait 20s cd, and make the combo again, and wait 20s cd, to have maximum efficiency

and witout corsair you make the combo, drop the usual, make the combo, drop the usal

with corsair you make the combo, drop the usual+extra silver, make the combo, drop the usal+extra silver

you don’t have nothing of especial or advantage going in other class instead of corsair, you just lose the extra silver

is indisputable that the best is linker+thauma+corsair

Alright, you’re hyped about Corsair, you’re the superior player.
Moving on.

7 Likes

err… do you mean monster outside BUBAS CAVE doesnt drop silver?
btw, where is this BUBAS CAVE? i can’t find it anywhere, are you sure you farm at BUBAS CAVE?

see? even google doesnt know BUBAS CAVE exist

friendly tips: bring along a corsair C3 right now to your BUBAS CAVE, let him share his pillage buff to your farmer, and make a video comparison farming 5 minute with and without pillage buff

XD

2 Likes

no, my hype is abot the assassin, I’m very anxious to play with my main character that will be rogue>outlaw>assassin ,

I just can not stand people wanting to put their opinion on an issue that is a fact, if I were to act for the emotion and personal preference I would defend that thauma + linker + assassin is the best, but it is not, the world is not like that, the best is not the one that I think is cooler, the best is nor which I prefer, the best is the best,

if it were a “true” character it’s okay to do what you like and not the best, but farm not is supposed to be fun, you do not do what you think is cool, you do the most efficient and specific for farm in the best place and the specific manner that is most efficient

im pretty sure no one ever, leveling up penalty reduction right now
and im pretty sure no one ever want to leveling up (but pretty much forced if you are not going to choose lv15 appraisal for shop purposes) penalty reduction even if its moved to appraiser in rebuild, from what ive seen here, its just devs actually have no idea what skill to put for appraiser. its pretty much 30 skills point goes to max blindside, devaluation, and overestimate, the rest 15 is pretty much gone to level15 appraisal (for shop) or maxed insurance policy, which im pretty sure this is a cheese skill for gtw/boruta, even that im pretty sure people will still go back to town after dying because they have to rebuffing from pardoner shop.
honestly i cant see any use yet for this skill, its pretty much a “we have no idea what to put for appraiser” extra skills. this just my personal opinion.
also as you can see PVE is way easier than current state after a certain patch that nerfed mobs/bosses to the ground.
i really hope there will be a replacement to this “insurance policy” skills.

TLDR: insurace policy=“we have no idea what extra skill to put for appraiser”

I come here to see updates just to see Pillage debate?

Please make a new thread for it, with numbers, proof and videos

As like other skills, maybe Pillage is good on paper but not in reality? I repeat, maybe…

Though your argument states you technically do get more silver coz of pillaging, but what they are saying is killing more mobs even without pillaging will yield more silver in the end. Amirite?

Anyhoo you make 1kk per 30 mins in “buba cave”, I make double than that in the same amount of time. I just dont do it coz farming eventually wears you off and boring tbh…

3 Likes

Same, I try to check this thread daily for relevant information on rebuild and the last 2 days have been hijacked by this childish debate, please knock it off, and both parties are equally guilty, doesnt matter who started it when you both carry it on for 67 paragraphs.

So much bitching
so little actual KToS info

3 Likes