Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

This is exactly my fear, my favorite class in RPG is rogue/assassin/thief, finally I get my class, and I do not like PvP, I’m afraid to be a good class ONLY in PvP, my biggest interest in the game is boss DPS, I want to see video of my class trying to be good at boss DPS, to make sure it’s good or really bad at this function (that’s what interests me, boss DPS, no PvP, no big wave of mobs cleaning, DPS vs boss It’s what I’m looking for)

Speaking of Templar, what exactly were the templar’s changes again? I haven’t seen too many demonstrations or showcases of the new templar rework. Did they get anything really useful besides the horse?

Resuming:
now Mortal Slash has unique animation and do damage,
more levels on shield charger and kinda give less shield;
Forge is dealing a bit more damage and reduces defense of nearby enemis;
Battle orders dont gives full mov speed, just bonus and you dont get any;
Advanced orders gives crit;
Flying colors(New skill) its a flag that gives crit damage and damage reduction;
Non invasive zone pushes things out of it;
You have a horse of another world.

1 Like

Honestly not having the warp to guild member skills, turning non-invasive area to paladin’s barrier with a low knockback limit just 15 at max, and nerfing old battle orders movespeed buff and debuffs so bad when everyone can dash now makes it seem worse off.The skill distribution and benefits per point seem worse aswell, but I think the enhancement attribututes might make up for it. But like Trombini posted the new skills are the only noteworthy skills now.

They may not be the same skill, but they really are modeled the same after ToS 2.0 came. Both increases damage dealt to enemies, but Divine Stigma could be used on bosses and had 100% uptime, while Death Sentence had less uptime, can’t be used on bosses, but increases damage dealt more than Divine Stigma (and can be attributed to increase it more). There’s some trade-off difference in that regard on what to choose.

Then Death Sentence got increased targets, cooldown reset happened, cooldown reduced, and then now Death Sentence works on bosses, while Divine Stigma didn’t change.That trade-off difference just changed into Death Sentence >> Divine Stigma, but if Krivis’s other skill set is buffed, it might even out somehow, but all that has happened is Krivis getting nerfed the most recent patch with Divine Stigma damage, and Oracles getting the Druid treatment every patch.

Of course other aspects of the Krivis skill set should be buffed. Aukuras only works on magic skills (not sure if they changed this yet, I heard it’s not even working after a certain patch), Daino seems unnecessary with how no one is even missing hits as of now, Zaibas is weak as one of the class’s only damage skill, and Melstis’s cooldown is too long to even consider it useful. On the other hand, Oracles mainly have Magic Damage reduction, debuff mitigation, damage boost, an invulnerability skill for party members to use and Divine Might (not sure how useful Twist of Fate is). When looking at Krivis’s non-existent skill set outside Divine Stigma compared to Oracle’s continuously-buffed skill set, the difference just seems more painfully obvious. Krivis is really much worse off after ToS 2.0 where its only usefulness was Melstis, but now anything Krivis has, other classes are much preferred.

IDK, the changes in Oracle where IMC is really pushing players to have at least one Oracle in the party. and the lack or non-existent changes to other classes like Krivis (and Monk :grin:) who clearly need buffs in the name of balance. Even Exorcist and Inquisitor got a buff from this patch when they are already OP enough (5 second cooldown increase really isn’t much considering the cooldown reduction attribute Inquisitor has)

I’m trying to be hopeful thinking the buffs for such classes simply haven’t been released yet, but the lack of any changes on such classes on kTest, and the lack of any discussion on kTest forums just makes the situation bleak as heck.

(Yeah just checked, Divine Stigma is now 50% uptime, Death Sentence has almost 100% uptime with cooldown reset to keep spamming it on mob. If Death Sentence had its old cooldown and no cooldown reset both would be similar enough with 50% uptime but lel)

You should scout better in YouTube for videos. There are a good amount of them.

I did this for the Brazilian community (so it is in Portuguese), but I guess you can use it for videos:

http://sites.google.com/view/tosrebuildbr

If you want more, then you gonna have to wait for it to come and test, go to ktest and test it by yourself, or ask a friend that is doing it and test it for you.

(Note: if you gonna do the second, please share a video, so we can have more material and also not having more people in the same situation as you are right now)

1 Like

IDK I still don’t think 5 seconds would change anything, but I guess I’ll see how it goes.I just observe all these Inquisitor-Zealot videos soloing CM and feel like 5 seconds won’t change much, but maybe someone will make a fuss if its too long of a cooldown.

Its not that I forget its uh … I don’t really uh … play nor care about those classes like … do I have to talk about those classes …

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Jokes aside, I simply don’t play those classes seriously to comment on any changes, so I leave it to those who main those classes to comment :sweat_smile:.

Leave it to me to complain about Monk and anything Monk-related though.

And this is why you don’t balance around CM5 solo players. Dev team needs to be fired

3 Likes

I already see all the videos of assassin / outlaw on youtube, and every day I filter “tree of savior” by videos posted in the last 24h looking for new, and I have not yet found assassin / outlaw with late game gear(velco wealpon) showing DPS vs boss

1 Like

You are being too specific. Ask a friend who plays on kTOS to do this for you, or log in on kTOS and start farming velcoffer gear

:tired:

I really don’t know what they were thinking with this, my guess is that on ktest, the players were doing it to benchmark. But that in and of itself is stupid and they should definitely not have encouraged that by posting all those solo videos. X_x

Best in slot gear is different, it’s okay if people with the absolute highest end of gear can solo difficult/group content. But the average player? This is an MMO, players should expect to have to do at least a few things together in a group.

2 Likes

Velcoffer is not a reactive boss. Velcoffer is a tank and spank boss put him in a corner stand in melee, get healed and your done. The only thing you need is despellers.

1 Like

You can do that if you’re bad. Or you could save the time making the dispellers and not require a kabba, and just do the boss the right way by jumping over his attacks and not needing 10 times as many SP potions. But hey, you do you.

Content updates were about every 2 months, but things sped up a lot with Rebuild. They’ll probably continue doing tweaks.

Incidentally, Pardoner does combo with Kabbalist with Nachash spreading discerning evil. So much for the bottom rung classes licking each other’s wounds.

2 Likes

Just like Monk and Krivis licking each others’ wounds with Divine Stigma-Energy Blast synergy.

Coincidence …?

1 Like

Y u do dis to me? I have an inherently dirty mind.

Why does IMC have an “obsession” with oracle though. There are very obvious deficiencies in other classes cough monk cough pardoner wheeze etc.

Imc does not have an ‘obsession’ with oracle. Don’t forget that oracle was literally one of the worst classes prior to this rework and only just now gets some kind of buff that makes them strong. They have been terrible since conception.

And in my opinion, even after all these buffs I still don’t feel compelled to use one.

2 Likes

I call it an obsession because they were already at a point where you have to weigh it against its counterpart (krivis) if you want to take oracle. Then the the constant changing to make it WAY better. That (dramatic pause) is what I call an obsession.

Did something else change with death sentence? I’m pretty sure 70% more damage on ~83% uptime is compelling enough to take the class.

IMO IMC just wants to make an unpopular class popular again by trying to make it as relevant to endgame content as possible. Its just like how it was with Druid when no one cared or used it since it was unpopular, and BAM Druid patch hits and all of a sudden we see Druid C1-C3 everywhere. Druids were also quite half-baked before the patch.

I really believe any cleric will now take Oracle in their build, whether support or damage build, just for Death Sentence, just like how clerics like taking Zealot just for Blind Faith bomb right now. ~88% more damage with almost 100% uptime (25s duration 30s cooldown with cooldown reset, heck it has a slow debuff too) is far too good to pass up, along with Prophecy giving 30% more damage in its buff duration and Counterspell magic damage reduction (~60% magic damage reduction, like what buff in the game can reduce damage that much). Its like having a shareable AND personal Fanaticism buff for you and your party members without the no-healing thing and at the cost of 10 + 1 skill points.

Haha and so the build anyone expected from Oracle change just happened, Oracle anything.

*And another one