Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

You missed a few:

+r7 is quite good now due to most skill factors being lowered. (maybe less so for PvP?)
+Tree of Sephiroth got extended to a 15s duration.
~Slightly longer duration on clone, but its cd increased.
-Lost the wizard wand auto attack change from Staff of Kabbalah.
-Ein Sof’s doubling attribute now only gives you a 15s copy if you target others instead of placing two circles.
-Lost Double chance, not that anyone cares.

Even a fixed Merkabah wouldn’t save it tbh.

My list of issues would be:

• Merkabah needs more focus, because it’s trying to act as a mount, a dmg skill, a dmg buff and dmg prevention tool and easily fails to do all but the last.
    And even if that would work properly, it’s still quite clunky to have a mobile aura with such a small range.
    Why not make a dual purpose tool where you either mount it and get a holy dmg hit/dmg reduction bonus or it will crash into the nearest enemies when left unused?

• Gemetria & Notarikon need get at a number much much faster, or better yet let the respective skills calculate it themselves via an attribute?

• Gevura and other dmg buffs have the same issue, there are to many existing dmg (de)buffs that outperform it without even trying.
    You could do something far more interesting with its many possible options, like reducing enemy stats (hp + def) or even adding +x% skill factor to hits under its effect or even have different debuffs tied to the numbers.

• Even if those got improved, it would still be lacking as it hasn’t got that much dmg or utility.
    And I have no idea why they didn’t incorporate the calc number effect to one or two more skills because it’s severely underused atm.

3 Likes

you are doing a very important job for the human race. keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

any news about the weapon trade system on ktos? spefically, i heard rumors that we may be able to trade primus weapons as well, is i true? how the trade works? do the weapon we trade for keep the enchance, trans, and potential (if not than primus trading is is completely pointless :hey:)? i think i heard that the random stats couldn’t be ported so there would be a 100% ichor extraction period, how does it work?

please, any info is valuable at this point :tired:

didn’t they already addressed this on the 5 FAQs they posted on the news here on itos?

Don’t forget: Kabbalist’s cloning also had its cooldown increased even more, for some reason. The clones stay around for longer but that’s not useful since you should be killing them quickly anyway.

you mean the two faqs and the 5 part main post? they kind of did,

Unique Random-Stat Weapons

• If changing from a one-handed weapon to another one-handed weapon, or from a two-handed weapon to another two-handed weapon, the item’s stats will be maintained.
  • If changing from a one-handed weapon to a two-handed weapon or vice-versa, the item’s stats are reset and an Artisan Magnifier is provided.
  • Due to potential and maximum socket adjustments, items may be different before and after the update

also,

“* Ichor Extraction: To prevent Ichors from losing their value due to extraction and main weapon type change, all players are provided with 100% Ichor Extraction Voucher on the following grounds:
100% Fixed Stat Ichor Extraction Voucher for where fixed stat ichors are used
100% Random Stat Ichor Extraction Voucher for where random stat ichors are used”

but this voucher… one per team? or one per character?

and regarding to primus weapons, what do they mean by stats maintained or reset? is it the random stats? what about enchancements and trans? they mention specifically earth tower and velc gear maintaining enchance and potential but vague info on primus. this why i want to know how is really happening on ktos.

Oracle… from a class that no one wants becomes a god tier class… will definitely get some balancing

https://gfycat.com/unlinedqueasygordonsetter

Take a close look at the cooldown of Death Sentence.

1 Like

Will it really though? Death sentence is nice but it’s still just a debuff that won’t work on bosses, and you have to cast it on every pack of monsters to get the benefits.

Oracle to me still seems like a class you pick when you want to boost the performance of your other two classes to deal more damage. Divine might + damage boosts and enemy debuffs…it will only work well with a strong duo core to make use of the support it can offer, imo.

Granted, that SP manipulation thing that Arcane Grace does is probably going to be worth a lot for heavy caster builds. Hmmm…

Oracle will be a decent choice for a GvG support build…whenever that happens.

now, i’ve been thinking of zeal+ oracle combo, as arcane energy is the new ein sof, but 30% cdr from diev is too good for zealots and blind faith is pretty weak right now.

but tbh oracle is still in a weird spot right now on my opinion. I mean, oracle got some good buffs and debuffs, still it is 0 dmg class with high utility. On a cenario of 3 classes only one has to be really careful when going for utility only classes, personally i wouldn’t pick it over zealot (also dmg boost, but have it’s own dmg skills to boot) or diev (30%cdr is a huge boost with 100% upkeep + brings owls dmg to the table).

Also, oracles self buffs look like will be good with dievs cdr (really, any class in this game is better with 30% CDR),but diev + oracle is 2 circles of almost 0 dmg… only owls, which are dubious right now as how they will fare.

i’m thinking oracle diev/sadhu/exo could be viable tough, as sadhu’s prana also benefit greatly from cdr to a better uptime and will have low cd spells among a 0 cd filler with OoB (which will probably stay shitty even when working with sacrament, blessing, and all of the sorts), and exo 'rubric on 10s cd (diev) 4s channeling is already low enough to fill most rotations…

For Death Sentence, even with it unable to cast on bosses… it is a really strong support move for the party when vs monsters.

Death Sentence lv10
Debuffed monsters take 70% more damage. 25sec debuff, affects up to 15 monsters. Death sentence get cooldown reduced to 0 the moment a monster with the debuff dies. Can keep casting and casting, it is kind of sick imo.

Prophecy lv1
Gains +30% damage. 30secs buff with 1min cooldown.

Yeah oracle is a pure support class, with the current buffs it can boost the power of the 2 other classes substantially.

Using T2 +6 equipment. Around 6.8k ish matk.

Oracle will be excellent in pvp

I guess Death Sentence will be great in challenge modes, which still make up a significant portion of late game party play. But I would still prefer Krivis because Divine Stigma works on everything and I value that consistency.

I just hope Oracle will be somewhat popular because I am an Alchemist representative -v-

Well… there is always the choice to get a Krivis - Oracle - Zealot build.

So you get 50% (divine stigma) + 70% (Death sentence) + 30% (Prophecy) + 80% (Fanaticism) … total +230% damage for the next 15+ or so secs on normal monsters and 160% on bosses.

1 Like

Consider those times being improved by Melstis as well. You are also gaining stats from Divine Stigma to boost your output even further.

I could also see Druid working instead of Zealot here. Wolf form for the casting buff, and crit damage improvements from Fertilize + Zalchaia.

Sometimes I wish @Nekorin had a twin sister who only played scout classes and showcased them like how nekorin does for cleric :cry:

lol great vids tho

1 Like

Sometimes I wish there were more ToS content creators. This community can’t even keep a wiki in order. (although we do have a pretty sick database and build simulator)

I miss MagicBiscuit’s content. That channel was really good but no longer updates.

2 Likes

Sometimes I wish I can have more time to play… my ToS time dropped from 15-20 hrs weekly to like 2-6 hrs weekly since Jun.

Overworked cat. T_T

I would prefer this over what we have now, I am kaba and never needed math for anything :expressionless:

HEY! you hurt my oracle feelings D:

. . . not really :neutral_face:

Just a query for the people who are in ktest/ktos
How’s dopp / highlander / barb? The two-handed swordsman classes in general?
I’ve seen some videos of it and I can’t help but feel underwhelmed with the changes.

(Especially when some cleric classes literally has damage boosts with no downside, while Doppel DOV has a low % ratio, frenzy stacks. i.e)

Thank you~