Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Just any content really, dungeon runs can be one, ET can be one too, but given how the bulk of Monk’s damage is from Energy Blast, I would appreciate being able to turn it off and on depending on the situation like what we currently have right now so it can be usable in any content. There’s a reason why in the past Energy Blast was such a meme.

Besides, if we’re talking about knockback, Palm Strike got its knockback removed and Hand Knife got its Knock up removed, and I would appreciate having it back along with its Knockdown/Knockup Remove attribute to use accordingly for CC. Being able to toggle it on and off was useful, but ToS 2.0 got it removed for some reason.

Knockback can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the situation. Having your core damage skill (20s, decent cooldown) with Mordschlag-level knockback for 5s can be irritating, especially to your party members.

IMC need to stop mixing utility and damage, and consequently lower the cd to balance off losing that damage. That is a simple solution. and it works. Just look at how much more use KB skills have gotten when KB is removed.

Yeah, CC is CC. But ragdoll or displacement type CC tends to be the least appreciated in almost every mob grinder I play.

You see this phenomenon in Warframe a lot. People say CC is king in that game, yet they try to avoid any weapons or powers that ragdoll enemies like a plague (blast status), just because it makes targets a bit harder to hit.

In order for players to be ok with the knockback on regular mobs, I feel like the knockback could be dialed down a little for Energy Blast. Make it push enemies back more slowly so it holds them away from you, but doesn’t throw them back too far.

@4lkruzeth I think the reason they removed the knockdowns from palm strike and knife hand is because these moves are now integral for monk’s new ‘combo’ playstyle, and having knockback on either of them ruins the combo aspect.

@c2gaming.seetoo can you think of ANY knockback moves that significantly displace an enemy that players really find valuable? Mixing utility with damage is fine, but it has to be utility that doesn’t impediment damage. Rubric and Possession are two abilities that mix utility and damage in a way that doesn’t interrupt DPS.

I figured that was the case, haha, though I feel Palm Strike and Hand Knife is too weak to be considered proper damage (too low numbers, Double Punch with Chaplain buffs does more damage in the same duration Palm Strike and Hand Knife is used due to Hand Knife’s animation).

The main bulk of the damage in Monk’s skill set in ToS 2.0 (right now at least) is Energy Blast WITH Divine Stigma in theory, and having the main DPS skill get the craziest knockback in the game with no attribute to turn it on or off (especially with how the game is going to let attributes be placed on the skill bar) will be annoying at some point (most players hate CC that displaces monsters far). I get that such CC is valuable at times, but at other times one wonders if its worth staying still and channeling your linear AoE nuke damage to send mobs out of your screen in exchange for losing overall DPS from party members. Of course the CC is useful at times, but yeah I prefer some level of control over it.

There was a reason why Monks had their notorious reputation even from way back.

@Nekorin @frustratedsquirrel2

Maybe I’m wrong but I think you misunderstood it.

Isn’t it about that you can spread Discerning Evil ITSELF with holy ground attacks? Discerning Evil has damage now and extends debuff durations so it makes sense to me but that’s it… As I understand it is not for spreading other debuffs.

2 Likes

Are murmillos dead now? It seems they lost they cassis crista attributes :frowning: are they skills still using a % of shield defense as attack?

Edit: nvm, murmillos and rodeleros also got that new attribute that uses your shield defense to calculate your offensive shield skills. How much shield defense can we get now considering the peltasta rework?

Define significant. A friend of mine uses bash (swordie) knock down to push cm mobs into inquisitor burn. The distance isn’t so out of control that, paired with the really low cd and moderate OH, he can consistently group mobs up to my fire.

IMO I would define significant as Energy Blast, Mordschlag, Full Draw with maxed Knockback attribute, Umbo Blow, Resurrection and so on I guess. Maybe a few sorcerer summons too, IDK.

Energy Blast against the wall is quite a controlled CC if your party is prepared for it (since its consecutive, smaller knockbacks, but for 6s making it knocback far just as far). Full Draw just makes one monster stuck out of map, while most other skills like Resurrection just bounces monsters off walls like new basketballs or sends them off to non-existence for a moment if there’s no wall.

Punji stake…I really want to use it, but everyone hates the extreme knockback of that skill even if it deals huge damage. It seems like it’s having its setup time decreased though.

Hope/Appeal to Dev team: October Dev Replies:

3 Likes

October dev team replies to top suggestions

1. Please share titles amongst the team

The most basic principle/idea of a team in Tree of Savior are the characters in it, so it goes that titles are attached to specific characters. However, in a later update to the title system, we will implement an update that depending on the type of the title, we can make it apply to all your characters at once.

2. Please make more rewarding/attractive events

At the moment, the development team has been intentionally providing less event compensation in consideration of the negative widespread effects it ultimately has on the economy of the game. The possible negative side effects on the economy could be mitigated or resolved based on our implementation, but there is also a negative aspect which causes users to lose their motivation to play the game due to how good the rewards from events are.

Regardless, we believe we can make events that cause less harm than good. Going forward, we will try to increase the number of events and their rewards so that users can participate in various different events more often and enjoy the benefits of their rewards. We will do our best to improve the situation.

3. The game needs more diversity!

Thank you for your concern for the overall state of Tree of Savior.

We hope that the abolishment of the existing rank system and the implementation of the new class system will better define the role and personality of all classes with the upcoming Re:Build update.

With the new system you will see improvements in many different areas, including the accessibility and role of crafting classes, as you brought up. If there are still issues with the classes, we will be able to quickly make adjustments to improve the situation.

Beyond that, we agree with many of the issues you have mentioned, and our top priority is the Re:Build update. Updates will continue to be released one after another even after Re:Build, and we will work through these issues through these updates going forward.

4. Please make a simplified character selection screen

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by lag in your lodge. The development team is committed to solving the root cause of these problems.

We will make changes to optimize lodges within the near future.

5. [Territory War] The role and direction of Territory Wars

Thank you for your comments on Territory Wars.

5a. Unique rewards for large-scale content
In different games, attractive rewards are those with a high value. As you brought up, the materials of high end unique equipment is a good example of a reward we could provide, but the TOS team feels it is difficult to provide these items for the following reasons.

Firstly, unlike some other games, there is a limit to the maximum number of guilds that can participate effectively in this content.
Secondly, guilds that are already strong enough to win Territory Wars will only get stronger in PvP power through rewards such as these, creating an even bigger power gap.
Since the core of the proposal is “high value rewards”, we are preparing high value rewards that fit for our game. We will introduce more details alongside the official launch of Territory Wars.

5b. Perform an update to help non-PVP users get started
We are planning to provide tips and simple strategies/tactics that users should know before starting Territory Wars.

5c. Make a system that encourages participation from smaller and medium sized guilds
There is currently no plans to increase the number of spot areas beyond what we have already implemented due to the rewards we plan to provide. However, we are considering making a separate territory area with a slightly different system and rewards so that guilds with a smaller amount of players can enjoy the content.

The server-wide announcements made during Territory Wars intentionally provide limited information because the power gap between guilds can become larger depending on how much information is provided and how that information is utilized. You may have seen some of these announcements during the first phase of our first beta test.

Despite good intentions, supporting smaller and medium sized guilds is difficult on a system level due to potential side effects that make strong guilds even stronger.

5d. Have the rewards be useful for character growth and be spread throughout the territories
As we mentioned before, we think that if the rewards provided are of a high value, it will be widely helpful to all guilds and their members.

We want Territory Wars to be a core content of Tree of Savior, and in order to support its existence and worth into the future of the game, it is important to create an environment where many players can participate and have fun. We will continue to support the content and make improvements to issues with the system even after its official launch.

6. Please make all these times the same. (referring to various crafting systems such as gem enhancement, armor enchant, combining cards, crafting potions, etc)

The difference in the use/cooldown time of all these things is based on the value of the items or the result of the craft. However, as you mentioned, some times can be seen as unreasonable or there are cases where they should be the same as one another but they are not. As a result, we will review them all once more and make adjustments to improve them.

Below are two more suggestions that were not selected as the best suggestions among the community, but the development team is planning to improve them, so we will review them for you.

Please automatically close shops that are out of ingredients!
There are many different types of shops in Tree of Savior, all with different purposes.
It is difficult to make these shops automatically close when running out of materials because it is difficult to establish a standard time that they should be closed. Every shop requires a different amount of materials for different things, and the demand for each shop and which users use them is different based on the type of store.
However, we recognize that this inconvenience is a common complaint, so we are planning to make improvements. We are planning to improve the UI of player stores within the first quarter of the next year to make things easier for shops. In addition, we are going to try to place a minimum required spacing between each shop in order to avoid situations where shops overlap each other and become difficult to click.

Improvements to the buff window are necessary!!
We are working on improving and expanding the current buff window so that there is not a problem.
We will make this change in the first quarter of next year at the earliest.

We would like to thank everyone who has given Tree of Savior their interest and attention, and provided such great suggestions.

7 Likes

I like that they’re thinking about this carefully. Throwing in rewards to gives people incentives to participate sounds good on paper, but it’s very easy to fall into a pattern of just making the strong get stronger. I think cosmetic things like Boruta’s wings are neat, for example. I think the prestige of being the winners should be a reward unto itself.

Being the leader of one of the newer guilds, I feel like it has taken us the better part of a year to get to the point where I can say we can hold a candle to older, established guilds. It’s already tough trying to keep up!

3 Likes

Chronomancer Changes
-Quicken removed. (Moved to Thaumaturge)
-Haste removed. (Remade in the form of Modafinil in Plague Doctor)
-Slow cooldown reduced (35 -> 30 seconds). Magic circle duration no longer scales with skill level and is now locked to 10 seconds. Attributes Critical Resistance and Decreased Nullification removed.

-New skill: Time Forward.
Increases the cooldown of a random skill for all enemies in range by 1 second per skill level. Affects a maximum of 10 targets. Max skill level 15. Cooldown time of 50 seconds.

-New skill: Quick Cast, transferred from Wizard. Now has a maximum skill level of 10 and scales by 5% per skill level (same final cast time reduction).

-Backmasking maximum skill level is now 10. Confusion attribute removed.
-Pass has a new attribute, Additional Reduction. Grants Pass a chance per attribute level to reduce cooldowns by an additional 5 seconds. Maximum attribute level of 100. The chance of it occurring and the chance you get per attribute level is not stated.

4 Likes

6 Likes

KToS Goddess’ Blessed Cube Rates.

Remember that these may be different in our version.

2 Likes

any chance bellow 5% disgust me :face_vomiting:

at least they show the % instead of fooling people into thinking they have a higher chance :expressionless:

2 Likes

if those are the top suggestions of the KTOS players, I’ve lost all faith in Korean MMO players now.
Come on, I get that they are ± consuming the same formulas of MMO presented to them every time and thus South Korea is the land of MMORPGs nowadays.

However, these things listed do not address any of the issues the game has.
All it says is that they want more freebies handed to them for event&content participation + some UI/system changes that do ± nothing to improve the game itself.

I don’t think they have the right to say this after implementing exactly said system for Boruta raid.
It’s completely contradictory to what they are doing.

I don’t think implementing a system that only rewards a certain percentage of the participants and that is still just based on damage calculation (so support Classes still have no impact and whaling out equipment&these expensive attributes still will be the most beneficial thing to do) should exist in a game that lore-wise and general gameplay-wise proposes cooperation between the players, at least to a large degree.

I believe Re:build should reward everyone participating in said contents for their time invested and not give the DPS-whales everything and leave the rest of people in the dirt.

If they want to do that, they should at least grant the players an alternative to get the same rewards in other ways,otherwise they just make themselves into hypocrites that do exactly the things they say are against for whatever reason.

1 Like

At this point, they should have simply removed Chronomancer… Slow is useless, Time Forward has no meaning outside of PvP, Quick Cast is a big slap in our face (need 10 points to get the same effect as before), Backmasking… who uses that? Stop… useful once in a week if you do ET. So what’s left? Pass.

And remember that the Chronomancer Master is supposed to be the most powerful of all wizards…

5 Likes

You forgot that the Classes in TOS are not masters but at best apprentices in their profession.
You see it very clearly if you compare what you can do and what other NPCs with the same profession can do. The Kabbalist Class costume even states that it is basically for apprentices, and that there are other versions for the masters of the trade.

So the reason why the Class is so bad (at least lore-wise) is linked to it being only an apprentice.
Maybe there will be improvements in the future, as they could e.g. introduce new skills and attributes via quests anytime.

the masters are masters and they have other people like you with their specific classes…

only difference is that you are a revelator and some of them aren’t…

And yes the power of the chronomancer is the strongest wizard alive and she is super ultra old…