Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Well, it’s certainly one way to make high upgrade and transcendent lvls less significant. You can see everyone and their mom on the korean servers reaching dmg cap with their new shiny skill factors.

One of the issues resolved with re build was the insane amount of damage skills would do and now they’re just like… “■■■■ it” Lmaooo

1 Like

Why do people say it was balanced. There’s always classes they do like crazy numbers and people are okay with it like inqui or Taoist… classes that are not even suppose to have crit originally which had broken the game already. Just play the game lol

Actually all i see its all not balancing, IMC just broken the Game.
its like IMC want all class doing anything alone/be kirito. :joy::joy:

im spechless

Are we heading back to single player mode?

2 Likes

Well, at least the Dragoon memes will come back to life

3 Likes

Well, it seems IMC is trying to go back when transcedence did not exist, when 50% of your damage was from your character, which also coincides with when they united with Nexon.

This means a good direction torwards less cash involvment.

Which might also mean that the end of this game is near.

The prophecies of the apocalypse never go out of style, right?

2 Likes

Prob the end of Re:Build and the birth of something i will call the “Arts Balance” or maybe “Doomsday Balance” or even “Why the Archers? Balance thing”? Can name it “Goodbye PVE as we know… balance.”.

I will stick with Arts Balance.

1 Like

all those buffs, and you wont still be able to break genbuuu

1 Like

it’s called offline mode.

1 Like

IMC: “But I gave you 3 dragontooth OH already?!”

So Is Doppel gonna gain a massive boost as well because of these balances changes?

I disagree, offline mode means better ping.

prob will get 1300% for every hit of cyclone.

What the… that’s so wrong in many levels… why they are trying to do??

Were there any changes to korup’s set effect? If so, can someone direct me to it please. Thanks.

If you look at how these skills operate, you will get the gist of how they balance.

Basically we have 2 categories:

1. Skills with def decrease/def ignore/life leech option

These skills have around 10000-12000% SFR at 20 seconds CD and 20000-24000% SFR at 40 seconds CD

1. Skills without def ignore/def reduction/life-leech

These skills have ~15000% SFR at 20 seconds and ~30000% SFR at 40 seconds CD.

It seems the number of targets/AoE capabilities no longer matter for the damage equation,
just like IMC already threw out item consumption from the list with Re:build.

There is some variation within these numbers, since classes can have a certain skill-set focus (e.g. for mergen, the now most important skill is set to be Zenith, as it costs the least points and provides the biggest boost).

As to why they balance upwards is obvious, since they are not doing some Re:Re:build, so downgrading/nerfing is not an option as it would cripple the players playing the class, which would in return reduce the data they can accumulate from peoples gameplay statistics.

This is probably also why they put out these changes on KTOS directly now, because the playerbase there is way more suited for testing (better equipment, better investment, more players, more motivation) since it is just a game mechanics test, which doesn’t endanger the server with bugs [i.e. they only change numbers and look at how people react].

As to what comes after that, no idea, it could be that we see either a new update with a higher difficulty, or we see them rebalancing the basic stats of all monsters (which is easy to do since they unified stats for monsters based on race/level/size/type).

Maybe they already have new content in development (releasing in November/December) that requires them to peak-up the performance so they can adjust without having to nerf the players favorite classes.

1 Like

hope to dev team: july edition

So, I asked a kTOS player during his livestream if IMC said anything about these recent changes on SFR. He said that, officially, nothing was stated, but he thinks that devs doesn’t want to nerf OP skills (which would make some players mad about it), so they might have decided to buff everything else.

But IMC do that in turns of ~5 classes (and that’s why they call kTOS a test server for iTOS haha), so we should wait for them to finish there, then we will receive it at once.

2 Likes