Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

It is interesting that they stated with last sadhu patch (sfr increase, possession 2oh, etc) that they were doing the numeric corrections now, while the other changes had to be postponed.

This leads me to consider that we will see some Chaplain changes to “maybe” wrap up the AA aspect of Sadhu, Monk and Chaplain

That’s interesting but it would require a new skill to balance point distribution, i personally like some features of the current class kit though. I agree it needs some changes but i think it is more interesting to keep the Visible Talent similar to the live version and give it some support effects as neither Monk nor Sadhu (that isn’t really an AA class) has that. My suggestions are the following.

Some Chaplain rework ideas

Last Rites (Heavy Rework)

Basic attacks applies a 1s debuff to enemies, defeating marked units will trigger a damage splash to nearby enemies. Timer refreshes with more attacks.

• Add attribute to increase debuff duration up to 3s.

Paraclitus Time (Heavy Rework)

Generates an aura to nearby allies, upon using skills half of the SP cost will be directed to the Chaplain. A percentage of the redirected SP cost will be reduced based on skill level.

• Attribute to apply effect to HP as well.
  • Attribute to negate redirect to allies that have more current SP/HP than the Chaplain.
  • Attribute to disable effect based on % SP threshold.

Aspergillium

• Added attribute to apply additional damage equal to the highest Aspersion defense value to Aspergillium attack line (Ex: 2000 PDef + 8% PDef Aspersion -> 160 extra damage).

Binatio (Small Rework)

Halves attack speed and doubles the damage of all attack lines. Attack speed penalty is slowly reduced with skill level.

• Duration fixed at 15s.

Deploy Cappella (Heavy Rework)

Installs a cappella that constantly generates aggro towards all enemies in the vicinity and grant knock back and knockdown immunity to all allies, if the cappella isn’t destroyed all allies will be healed. Increases heal and cappella HP with skill level.

• Attribute to apply Pain Barrier effect for X seconds when healed by cappella.

Visible Talent (Small Rework)

• Cooldown fixed at 25s, duration based on level (6~10s).
  • While Visible Talent is active the user receives knock back and knockdown immunity.
  • After the timer expires the Chaplain will receive a 5s Unleashed Talent buff that releases all stored damage. Once Unleashed Talent timer expires it will be replaced by Latent Talent buff with 20% of Unleashed Talent value.
  • Attribute to increase Latent Talent damage to 50% of Unleashed Talent.

Also, all that has to be applied to Out of Body attacks, it’s a matter of consistency.

4 Likes

I like your ideas, besides Capella giving knockdown/back immunity, that for me looks too much party-wise , and also Binatio might end up being overpower. But on a single-target aspect, might be OK anyway.

The sad thing is that Chaplain falls apart exactly where it was supposed to shine, auto attacking. I said it before: melee auto attack is terrible. QS was a thing because it was ranged and RS gave high mobility too, while attacking at the same time. Besides the auto attack aspect, Chaplain doesn’t provide anything else for other builds, it’s a complicated dependency relationship.

Devs can make it work, but at the cost of making melee auto attack too powerful for a single target aspect, which would be fine for me specially if you consider that Monk and Chaplain have no range to a small one. With Sadhu you gain more skills, but not sure if we gonna see again the glorious days of Sadhu Spirit Auto Attack anymore.

EDIT: also… and what about the thing of the new Scout tree was to be the branch for auto attacks? Corsair is there, with a lame DWA, only viable AA class is SR, as always. This would give another PoV for these Cleric classes, if they ever consider removing this aspect from Chaplain entirely, and making Monk viable outside of it too.

1 Like

I don’t think they can make mobile melee AA to be a thing, i can see it like Pouncing/Taglio and that doesn’t look good imo (can’t say it isn’t functional), my biggest fear if they try it out is how unreliable it will be with high ping.

The knock immunity is to compensate for Paraclitus Time not providing the effect (which i don’t understand how it connects thematically). Additionally Druid is the only non-support class that has a healing skill which is quite a big deal for damage oriented clerics, this sort of gimmicky heal can work to keep the gap between class types and still be a way effective in party play as the current Chaplain is 100% selfish.

This “minigame” also works with Chaplain melee nature and puts it farther from Diev territory as a static aura effect. Personally speaking, i think these are more valuable than Holy damage empowering (that is more of a third party skill for Exo) being an almost exclusive cleric thing.

2 Likes

Yes, I don’t think that it is possible or either useful to have melee AA mobile, it would be very very weird. I was just giving my view on why Pre-ReBuild QS auto attack was a thing: not only because of extra lines, but also being able to move while attacking from a distance. I doubt that melee AA will ever be viable with the same formula. Maybe if they buff the damage to the sky, then it might be viable (also a cheap way to fix it).

Absolutely true, and very niche with the auto attack theme. It is also weird that we have a DPS class that has absolutely no skill that deal damage, only buffs. This is not the case of any other DPS class that also have at least one skill towards auto attacking.

2 Likes

Your whiny comment is off-topic.

People discussing the recent cleric changes on ktos, how chaplain leaves to be desired compared to the other classes, and how they would improve its skills, are not off-topic.

Whats with people spam flagging comments that are on-topic and discussing the changes that IMC is implementing or some wishful changes about some classes in this post.

3 Likes

The flag spam is real LEL.

Anyone has videos of Highlander Buffs (IIRC it was 1-2 kTest patches ago), especially pertaining to Cartar Stroke and Wagon Wheel? Wondering if those buffs make those skills worth using.

People didn’t even bother to translate those changes for some reason xD

@crevox could u kindly translate the Highlander changes? :pleading_face:

The list of changes to Chaplain were formatted to look like actual changes so it should be both flagged into off topic and for being misleading.

2 Likes

Literally says how to fix chaplain in the first line and posted after a few people were discussing how chaplain is underwhelming nothing off-topic about it.

3 Likes

Okok suggestion taken , no need to be offended . I Guess it was the spam that irked others , like you are trying to force that chap ideas of yours down other’s throats

Accidental flag war triggered :smile:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/c/class-and-rank

Would be a more suitable thread

WAGON WHEEL
[ Add ]

[ Shock ] Damage to the target is increased by 50% .

Leaves [ Burn Mark ] Debuff to a hit enemy .

• Duration 5 seconds

• marking wheels ; an enemy that [ Kata stroke ] using [ the Wheel - The cooldown is reset . When the cooldown initialization [ rut ]debuff is removed .

[ Change ]

The time required to cast a skill is reduced by about 30% .

• 0.8 seconds → 0.55 seconds

KARTAR STRIKE
[ Change ]

It changes to be movable during charging .

SKYLINER
[ Change ]

Skill count

• Level 1 : 169% → 169% ( Same as above )

• Increase per level : 8.5% → 11%

Cooldown time

• 20 seconds → 15 seconds

MULLINET
[ Change ]

[ Shock ] in boarding state Increases the amount of damage to the debuff target

• 100% → 150%

CROSS GUARD
[ Change ]

The effect changes .

• Block 5% increase → Block probability 1% increase

[ Stiffness ] Debuff effect

• pricking vulnerability → vulnerability (i have no idea what this means…)

Hope this helps

Wait…Can anyone explain this to me?. Are they renewing the skill or are they adding more effects?

From what I can tell, those are new effects being added to the current Ram Muay.

2 Likes

they are adding new effects.
and because of this, now im having trouble choosing between the Highlander buff or the Nak Muay buff.

1. Nam Ruay stance apply 5 sec shock status with every auto attack (should be 100 chance%).
  2. Every Nak Muay skill will have 50% chance to do double hit/damage if hitting enemy under shock.
  3. So you want to auto attack to apply shock then use Nak Muay skill.
1 Like
MULLINET
**[**   **Change ]**

[ Shock ] in boarding state Increases the amount of damage to the debuff target

* 100% → 150%

^Moulinet already give 100%, changes is you do 150% as a Hacka/Cata/Lancer.

CROSS GUARD
**[**   **Change ]**

The effect changes .

* Block 5% increase → Block probability 1% increase

[ Stiffness ] Debuff effect

* pricking vulnerability → vulnerability (i have no idea what this means…)

^It’s the same mechanic as current Cross Guard but

1. Chance to block nerfed from 50% to 10% at max level. This is using your block status.
  2. Pricking vulnerability should be Piercing vulnerability. So it’s a buff from bonus restricted to Piercing changed to affect all melee attack.
  3. Duration nerfed from 8 sec (I think) to 5 sec.

Just compare the translation with tosneet/guru. Upper image from ktest, bottom from current itos.

image image

2 Likes

Excuse me, but is there anyone on kToS try Sage skills with Marionette card’s slow effect?
Does it work??