Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

So Mass Heal is gonna end like this?

1. 424%
  2. 626%
  3. 829%
  4. 1032%
  5. 1234%

and Rubric at max lvl 667% per 0.5 seconds for the new 4 seconds duration … right?

Edit: Almost 666%, how dare you IMC!

1 Like

Monk looking very fun right now. Changing Monk to rely on skills outside Double Punch after Re:Build, then slowly but surely reverting back to Pre-Re:Build Double Punch spamming Monk.

:tired:

2 Likes

If he did that with a Druid-Monk-Krivis build I expect him to do CM and Bosses much quicker and easier than a priest-chaplain build. Considering that Krivis gives him 50% more dmg and Druid gives them the AoE they are lacking plus 24% more physical damage.

Also they never used Hand Knife which is a big DPS boost on single target damage and also never used Finger Flick.

edit. Hand Knife will be reducing your targets armour significantly after the patch so its worth using

1 Like

Haha it’s just a proof of concept with how buffed Double Punch is now. Even a bot-like low investment Chaplain Monk build spamming Double Punch like that is good enough for CM.

Switching to a 2H-Mace should easily give that damage increase (2H-Mace Strike Attribute + Raw P.Attack), TBH. If Double Punch can be used while in Demi-Lycan form, Druid will easily be a great class to replace Priest.

EDIT: Would call it a bit questionable if Hand Knife is that big of a big DPS boost, considering in the time taken to do 1 Palm Strike + 1 Hand Knife, one can do 3 Chaplain-boosted Double Punches. Without Chaplain, I agree Hand Knife is better though. Hand Knife would benefit more from Immolation with it being full Physical damage compared to Chaplain-boosted Double Punch being partly magic damage

God Finger Flick … I’ll leave it to the kTesters if they’re gonna use it I guess. Can roughly math out what 50% damage increase can do.

@tomgo32000 hi do you know what’s the optimal skill distribution for tiger hunter

It seems that you can’t function very well without Chaplain for auto attack… Visible Talent is really good for bossing (although for mobs Asio Mace is very handy).

Zealot might be good for Monk now, for passive extra damage but also because you actually benefit from having low HP now, if you gonna follow the AA route.

For buffs, I would prefer Druid too, considering that your FS most likely will have Priest, otherwise for solo player I think Priest would be better. The downside is that you gonna have to recast buffs very very often (a concept of Druid I didn’t like).

It is a shame that there is no video yet testing all the other Monk skills all together, and with the new Mace too, that gives +2 to all monk skills.

Still mixed feelings about this Monk patch. It looks nice for an AA perspective, but looks like it can yet be easily surpassed by other builds, apparently. I’m gonna give a little credit cause the guy tested on a CM, where you will perform better with AoE classes.

1 Like

Haha, I also feel a bit mixed about the patch. I’m doubtful that the new mace can change anything. Whatever +2 Monk Skill Levels can do will probably be matched or outdone by 2H-Mace’s increased physical attack and 2H-Mace Strike Attribute. Maybe take out the mace when casting Iron Skin … ? (or just buy a Suncus Maul)

All the changes aside, Monk’s best DPS outlet is still Double Punch. In hindsight, the buffs aren’t that game-changing playstyle-wise depending on perspective. Just my thoughts:

Double Punch only became stronger, cementing Monk’s place in Chaplain Auto-Attack builds with how Double Punch now makes up the majority of the damage make-up of Auto-Attacks (Monk Chaplain low investment Auto-Attack DPS just like the old Archer3 QuarrelShooter3 Musketeer3 Kneeling Auto-Attack memes). What’s with Double Punch getting the Last Rites treatment though lel, please give that additional damage without needing 40% HP lel IMC …

Iron Skin … probably a decent utility alternative if Palm Strike and Hand Knife is used for CC instead of maxing them for DPS and if one wants more survivability. Otherwise, maybe a madman would wants to Plate Mastery + Iron Skin + Stone Skin etc.

Palm Strike + Hand Knife’s armor ignore increase is a nice buff, though I’ll argue if 30% and 20% respectively (as compared to 7.5% previously) is enough when compared to Double Punch + Chaplain buffs. in 1 Palm Strike + Hand Knife, Monks can Double Punch 3 times, and I’ll need to test if the armor ignore is enough to overcome the difference in skill factor for Double Punch + Chaplain buffs.

Energy Blast got an interesting buff. Before buff, its overall damage is decent, but the amount of time taken to use that skill is bonkers (5 seconds to charge 6 seconds of channeling, 17 hits), making the DPS of the skill no different than Auto-Attack DPS. The buff lowered overall damage, but also lowered the time needed to use this skill significantly (1 second to charge 2 seconds of channeling, 8 hits). Damage per tick was also increased, and the smaller duration of the skill allows the skill to be used with certain buffs that it used to have trouble with (Immolation, Golden Bell Shield, being able to use 2 Energy Blasts instead of 1 per Cappella) and so on. The decreased time used with the skill also makes room for other skills to be used in a DPS rotation (instead of taking up 11+ seconds of useless DPS). The skill’s DPS literally increased by more than two-folds. With that said, the damage and DPS is still not that great as compared to Double Punch. Divine Stigma or at least Cappella (or both) is needed to make use of the skill as a legit DPS skill. Those who didn’t care about the skill to begin with will probably not care about these changes anyways. 1 pointer skill for CC but worth maxing if Cappella or Divine Stigma is available.

God Finger Flick 1-pointer, no changes, but One Inch Punch SP nerf makes it a 1-pointer as well. One Inch Punch’s damage is nothing worth writing about to begin with, and its only real use is its Silence and SP drain. With its maximum utility achieved with 1 point and its DoT damage being rather worthless, there is no need to max it for PvP purposes anymore.

Golden Bell Shield’s buff is alright, but its long cooldown doesn’t make it affect gameplay much anyways. Its damage increase is minor compared to its cooldown reset, just to squeeze skills into buff/debuff phases (Squeezing in 2 Energy Blasts into 1 Divine Stigma or 3 into 1 Cappella etc). Actually worth leaving the skill as a 1 pointer if other skills need the points.

Overall interesting buffs, but in the end it doesn’t really change much gameplay-wise, and Double Punch remains the stellar DPS option with Chaplain. I was expecting Chaplain to be buffed as part of the Auto-Attack combo, and honestly wasn’t expecting Double Punch to be buffed again. This makes Monk almost take over as the Auto-Attack class and making Chaplain REALLY rely on Monk. Monk simply returned back to Double Punch spam days.

Then again, I’ll take any buff Monks can get.

2 Likes

i think we need something like golden piggy or klaipeda giltine attack event system in feud for future update, where you get nothing (or better get kicked) if you afk for a certain time in addition to future patch where you have to farm at least 10 crystal to get a reward.

theres really a lot of afk-ers and people using their multiple alts account to afk in feud, which is much better to get auto-kicked for a certain time for another active player to join.

3 Likes

AFKing in Feud is grossly inefficient though, you get virtually no medals unless your team manages to win, and even if you win you still get the minimum.

mostly it give other active player bad experience (they contribute nothing to the team) is what im trying to stress here, those afk-ers/multiple alts afk-ers (because it happens here player with multiple alts filling feud channel and does nothing, idk if it happens in other server too) filling the channel that is better given to another active player, not about reward wise.

2 Likes

The armor break with Palm Strike + Hand Knife seems to be doing great, more than I expected. It even feels like Chaplain is underwhelming in comparison outside Visible Talent.

In that video it looks like the person doesn’t have the attribute for hand knife to apply the armour brake debuff which is crucial to using that ability.

Uh Hand Knife does not apply Armor Break debuff anymore like in pre-Re:Build. Its Armor Break effect is changed to a defense ignore effect that only affects Hand Knife instead.

1 Like

Armor break debuffs got removed with Re:build cause they were too strong if used on World Bosses and such, like Velcoffer.
That aside, It would be neat if DP also ignores a part of the enemy’s defense like 15% to make it a tier 1 class like Inquisitor/Taoist/Doppel/BM.
I think DP needs to be buffed again to be a Tier 1 class, this is just a little love for a dead class. Also, it needs more gap-closing skills to be useful on PvP. Kinda like how Monk’s Asura Strike used to be on RO.

Still good, but not enough.

Edit: Chaplain needs a rework too, DP gives 300 Attack Speed, and Binatio gives a f*ck ton of attack speed that’s going wasted.

imagen

Demons are generally Dark type Monsters. Chaplains buffs Holy property damage like no other class but it’s worthless compared to all the damage coming from Inquisitor (Judgement->Wheel->Ripper/God Smash).
So, Holy Property is only useful against Dark type monsters. (most of them Demons) but Inquisitor does a much better job at killing Demons (Dark Type monsters).
On top of that, the new Skiaclipse boss is Holy Property type, so Chaplain buffs are gonna be literally worthless…

1 Like

So i was thinking who would much prefer for Monk if they removed most of the overheats on the skills and reduced the cooldown of them at an equivalent amount. Since most of the active Monk skills have 4 overheats and are on a 20-25 second cooldown why not just make them without overheats with a 4-5 second cooldown. Then they could make Golden Bell do two things one is what it does now but with out the reset of monk skills and the second is for it to summon a Golden Bell where while its active for its 10 second period you have it accumulate damage and pulse during its duration based on how much damage you have done to the Golden Bell with your Monk skills.

They can then balance the pulsing damage so you cant instantly get 999,999 damage per pulse.

1 Like

Chaplain compatibility problem is really a thing.

I was theorycrafting some builds for my Sadhu to test out when the balance patch hit iTOS, and one of them was with Chaplain, to make full use of buffs that interact with the Spirit’s auto attack. Sadly, Chaplain ended up with 10 points with no use, cause Paracletus Time is useless (as you will not be knocked down when spirit is out), Capella only if I consider going for Exorcist too, and Binatio doesn’t interfere with spirit attack speed.

Chaplain is in a very bad spot. IMO auto attack as a whole was killed with Re:Build, but they insisted with that for Chaplain and Monk, and Sadhu with some extent. They either have to make single damage worth (with the cost of being OP), otherwise AoE classes (such as Inquisitor that you mentioned) will always be better.

Strangely, I see Musketeer as an OP class for single target (even though is not AA based), and it works fine, devs seems to want that. For me it also works because ranged damage is way better for single target than melee, so they either have to make melee single damage (specially AA) really worth in numbers, otherwise they will never shine.

2 Likes

With the hacka changes…how can i distribute the skills points…can´t figure it out

2 Likes

Something like this should be ok. Hacka pelle can be 0 if you dont want to reduce the CDs (if you have full rotation for example)
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11l..1f5141832a6a75

True, every night we have about 3x vs 3x on each feud channel but from what I’ve observed there are like 15~20ppl are active each team

AFK for like minutes should get kicked. Farm some gems or at least get some kills should be the minimum for getting rewards.

Besides afk issue i wish the safe area and those npc kill points could be re-visited. There’s almost no comeback for losing team if 30 ppl defending and they are invulnerable.

If mainly used for bossing, Helm Chopper is just a 1 point wonder for stunning the stunnable bosses. It’s not worth maxing because even though its skill factor is high, it cannot be further boosted as it’s not a slash attack, and its execution time is pretty long. But of course if your build has enough skill rotations (quite hard without resorting to weak fillers), you can sacrifice Hackapalle for Helm Chopper.

If you are mainly using Hackapell for farming CM, where it’s way too impossible to get debuffs on every mobs, don’t be afraid of leaving Grind Cutter as 0 or 1 to add Helm Chopper and Hackapalle instead. Grind Cutter’s damage has simply become quite low relative to other skills if the mob is not under storm bolt debuff, and debuffed mobs (shocked / storm bolted) are better reserved for Skarphuggning.