Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

What’s wrong with Musketeers in the Re:build.All I see is memes about them dying lol.Sorry my ignorance I follow somewhat the patch notes and changes on Ktest or Ktos.

Musketeer got its armor break attribute on Snipers Serenity removed. Given that change + the low skill modifiers overall, Musketeer became more in line with the other Classes.

I still believe those people are over-reacting because Muskets and Cannons still got the highest maximum attack of all weapons, so they will deal way more damage with low modifiers than Classes with higher modifiers but lesser weapon attack.

1 Like

Oh!! Heres another QoL change for targeted skills. Change party UI so they form the 4 directions and makes it easier to see who needs healing.

1 Like

“Also, we have a new class that uses muskets and cannons as main weapons planned for reveal in the first half of 2019.”

1 Like

It’s clearly the reason why they do that. But hey what’s the point of playing a niche game when they remake everything to fit standards…

I’m ok with that, Thaumaturge was pure garbage at the beggining (and I was playing this class before all the changes, when it was a pure meme), and it became really too powerful with time. 10% is not so bad, and the concept of the class still remain. It’s a little bit unfunny to just cast buffs that increase damage dealt by everyone by a lot.

Yes you can, because the game mechanics were mostly based on “tiles”, they decided to design the game this way, and that’s why people used to like it. New Heal doesn’t have as many counters it used to have with tiles destruction, capture, turn back. Heal tiles are lazy but target Heal is way more lazy.

You’re not stupid but it means you play the game in a casual way, without thinking about what is the more efficient. In GW2 it’s the same thing, you can take the weapon with the best range of the game, but you can’t stay at the maximum range because heals and buffs are put on the group, and it’s kind of logic. But you can still play very far, you just miss a ton of damage modifier and heals, and it’s exactly the same in ToS. If you stay too far, your buffs will run out, and buffers will not follow you to buff you, they will buff the more people they can. Now even if your point is valid, it’s only related to Velcoffer, and not everyone is doing it, the end game content is not always the only content. When you discover this game and start playing it, it’s so amazing to put tiles on the ground and destroy everything, maybe beginners will have the same feeling with Smite, still we’re too focused on end game content that we forget it’s not the only thing in the game. New Heal is similar to all heals we know in other MMOs, so it’s a strategy from IMC to gather more people, but at the same time, do beginners will feel their class is unique ? It’s useless if people come but don’t stay.

Sorry am late ~

lets stop derailing the ktos thread with this discussion and move it to

4 Likes

Swordsman tree also got tons of Armor Break and Ignore gone and we’re not complaining. Those memes are unnecessary
butthurtbutthurtbutthurt

Bu really, we need a new stat called armor penetration, in order to stack it with equips, gems and cards.

6 Likes

nah, i just like to memes around a bit,
well, we deserve a nerf but i think its a little too much for me, i mean we could all to dmg cap and stuff with +11 weap, but its also we need a set-up and debuff stacking, also ranger-musk set-up is a tad bit tedious to play

idm they nerfing our armor break 100% uptime is too much indeed, but the other CD and OH nerf is too much not to mention the sfr and attribute removal too
you dont get hammered as hard as us, also like i said in order for us to reach dmg cap we need several set-up
“the higher you fall the hurt it is”

can druid still transform into those monsters and use the heal?

I mean look at Monk lol,I don’t think they are going to buff and any classes any time soon.I believe they are tuning down xertain classes to be on equal footing with the other classes.They might undo some of the changes and nerf the overall damage but I doubt they are going to buff any classes.Unless is Alchemist,Squire,Pardoner that are a bit neglected.I see Alchemist is getting new skills kinda ooks like throw potion in RO but I have seen a video of it.

With some classes moving over to the other branches,Archer is lacking a loooot in terms of classes and followed by Clerics. So the new classes coming out in the futur must be in the Archer and Cleric branch.

1 Like

Not enough, Saalus is still bullshit, daily chores shouldn’t be more annoying

It wouldn’t be so bad if it were a weekly.

5 Likes

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640

7 Likes

I am very excited to play tos again with this idea to make every class work, but i think it still in very beginning and all these changes still need to be polished.

They’ve made this chart but they aren’t following it, some classes have huge aoe and huge damage, while some classes with tiny aoe and low factors (rip monk).
The idea is sure good, but needs attention from the devs, because looks like they’re rushing and doing lazy with random numbers

6 Likes

I feel the same way… Feels like they calculated skill factors only based off overheats / skill cooldown but completely disregarded the rest of the mechanics: AoE size of skill, amount of targets hit, if it depends on AoE atk ratio or not, etc…

Most single target / small AoE skills feel extremely weak compared to the rest.

Also really bothers me how some skills were intentionally nerfed beyond normality just because there are buffs that can make them stronger again:

Kundela Slash hitting about as much as Magic Missiles without debuffs? Just because the damage is increased by Curse and the attribute to deal 2 hits when debuffed?

What about the fact Magic Missile hits at least 3 mobs (each missile) due to them bouncing around? And the fact the AoE of magic missile is much much bigger than Kundela? And the fact Kundela depends on AoE atk ratio and has innately only +4 AoE atk ratio? And the fact you need to go up Melee with Kundela as a mage?

2 Likes

This. They changed all big nuke SFRs and removed armor break across the board, anyone thinking this is a massive nerf to musket is being silly.

I am still concerned about the lack of options broadly in the tree. Adding one class (two, if you think the new musk and cannon are separate) is not enough to fix it. Hoping we see more changes that expand upon the options or allow more varied weapon use across the tree conveniently.

The numbers seem random, but do remember how much weapon damage is going up and how much monster defenses/HP are going down. This will probably require a lot of fine tuning, but as long as they take the time and do it right, we’ll be in a good place.

2 Likes

i have not checked the complete nerf/changes of FF so far, but with the overall nerf of ALL healing abilities classes, and FF being the one who can heal himself and party members in the wizard tree(with one rank, allowing 2 free SUPER DPS ranks), i find it necessary to push down his damage a little, because of his support roles now,as stated before.
but something to keep in mind is that FF also can curse by himself, so aiming the kundele without using curse and most important not factoring it when balancing the class would be a huge mistake on their side, since they can combo by himself , is his mechanics, his gameplay, debuff and hit, people who play FF should expect to debuff and use his abilities ^^. so arguing that the damage without curse is low, is not valid, since i stated before they need to validate other aspects of the ENTIRE CLASS, like the ability do heal himself and party members even a little!
but as i said if they removed those healing abilities and still keep the overall damage low, i do agree the entire class deserves a overall buff but if he still KEEP the entire of his healing abilities, we can not expect the class to have similar damage than other class as we had before, since the entire concept of the re is to make them at least a little balanced, so buffing FF damage and keeping him with healing abilities, would not be balanced, even more with all problems of support roles on cleric and the difficulty of healing in the new version ^^, his role and even his minor party healing abilities may have a bright future now.

I like to think there’s always a reason behind everything, not everything that IMC does but, everything in general. Sometimes there’s no valid reason for things to be changed but you gotta look beyond the skill set of the class. Cannoners have huge aoe and an amazing damage skill, yes, if you look at Cannon Shot you’d think it’s a godlike thing to have. But you need some things in account before coming to this kind of conclusion. Cannoners are now unable to use any other damage skills outside its class except for a few due to weapon restrictions and also how its strongest mechanic works. As far as i’m concerned Bazooka plays a very important role on a Cannoners dps and the fact that the only skills they’re able to use during this stance are exclusively Cannoner’s would make them very lacking in comparison to something like a Mergen based build, or even a Musketeer who are still able to use other skills while they’re able to move. If it wasn’t for the fact that they make up for this with power, that’s why i think Cannon Shot is still a balanced skill. Hell, ask yourself how much effort a Cannoner will have to put after the update, or even right now to find a decent spot to not get absolutely demolished by a boss’ attacks. There’s also the case of Monk, but i won’t say much about this class because i am not a Monk player and i don’t know the class enough, but i think the new nature of Double Punch will lead to a great auto-attack based dps potential. Remember that not everything in a class revolves around content like Challenge Mode, there are many other sintuations in which classes will have highs and lows, and i think that’s fine.

Perhaps the problem within the Archer branch is not about the lack of classes, but the lack of situations in which a class is might “shine” instead. Which in fact not only affects Archer but branches in general. For example most of the time whenever i look up for videos showcasing a class’ skill set i never get to see each skill individually and how it’s utility might be useful in combat, but rather a mixture of everything randomly placed in a attempt to demonstrate the capacities of a class through things like Challange Mode. Which really, there’s just no correct way of soloing this thing without getting absolutely crushed in the process or getting into a really tiny place and pumping as many AoE abilities as possible, only a few classes are able to accomplish this successfully, so i think we need to get over this. I never get to see a video demonstrating things like how Howling might increase the overall dps of a party. How a Deploy Pavise correctly placed could improve the damage consistency of a Cannoner by giving them a better survivability tool. How skills like Pied Piper’s Hynotische Floete can smooth out dungeon objectives like the first and third part of Velcoffer’s Nest or how powerful the knockback immunity of Marschierendeslied can prove to be on any boss battle. I think that perhaps the main reason behind things like “lack of diversity” could be our own fault, since we are often more interested on how many numbers a class pull off by itself rather than how its abilities can be beneficial to a fight.

About the armor break thing, wait until the update or more informative videos are out and ask yourself if we really do need something like armor break after the update.

1 Like

I don’t see that the same way. If they want to nerf FFs because they can heal themselves then they should tone down the healing skills themselves, not Kundela which has absolutely nothing to do with it. What if I wanted to play a FF but care very little about healing myself? You’re not obligated to take Blood Sucking / Blood Bath. Scale down these skills damages, or healing ability itself.

It’s hard to curse enemies while flying, because you’d have to rely entirely on Bone Pointing (can’t use Kurdaitcha while flying). And to be honest, having to curse enemies before using Kundela is something negative, not positive. You are not considering the fact you need to walk around mobs, curse them, and then actually do Kundela, when in the meantime, you could’ve already thrown at least 2 overheats of magic missile (but realistically, let’s make it 3, because walking up to mobs + gathering them inside Kundela’s small AoE also takes a while).

If you don’t like my Kundela example, let me show you something more drastic:

Shadow Thorn always hits only 1 monster. If and only if that monster isn’t flying, then the attribute works and it deals an additional hit. If you consider it in terms of overall dps, hitting at least 2 monsters with Magic Missile already evens out the overall damage it can do compared to Shadow Thorn on a non-flying mob.

And hey, I’m comparing all these with a wizard basic class skill.

4 Likes