Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

I think exorcist nerfs are ok actually.

With rubric’s power going down, other caster clerics have a bit more of a chance to shine, as damage between other ‘big’ cleric casting abilities and nukes is closer to rubric (though I’m sure it’s still king of the hill for holy dps even with the nerfs)

Basically, Plague Doctor and Sadhu can shine a little more thanks to these nerfs, and may even compliment exorcist for that caster cleric build now.

This nerf further solidifies diev druid sadhu as the meta caster cleric dps build, and at this point they are just nerfing because they are looking at old meta and not looking at what they have now. Indicating they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to class balance/scaling/synergy/mechanics.

Chaplain still unchanged in skill scaling. CaUsE a CaStEr DpS iS gOiNg To AuTo AtTaCk .

TOP KEK meme material

And no hybrid physical magic caster is dead unless auto stats cater towards that play style, or imc adds attributes where the class can double dip into other stats so dex can increase magic crit attack or spirit will increase physical crit attack and vise versa.

1 Like

-> Oh yes, let’s just ignore old meta builds, I’m sure that they’ll reroll to other classes

-> Oh yes, chaplain is still PURE AA MEME but hey we added 2 skills that can be very beneficial to caster builds especially to everyone’s beloved braindead death ray channeler class
-> I totally didn’t took QS3 for my mustkek3 and BM3 just for RS and pavise memes

I think you missed the point entirely xD

Exorcist is still stronger than any Sadhu or Krivis (after nerf of Divine Stigma).
Which type of enemies are the strongest monsters in the game?
Demon(Demon Lords,Ignas) or Brute (Velcoffer,Boruta,Asio Mage,Balzermancer).
Who has the highest mdef modifier in the game? Demons.
Which property has the highest damage against the vast majority of all significant bosses? Holy [because they’re ± all dark property]

So Exorcist will still be stronger than any other caster build you can throw at the enemy, simply because he suffers way less against endgame bosses than the other caster Classes (still probably losing out to physical builds,though).

Actually, autostats have way less impact to the game than initially though, so everything goes I guess?
Better being a hybrid with both damage options than being one-sided only and suffering through the high mdef or defense modifiers of endgame enemies (Brutes having higher defense so physical = bad and Demons having higher magic defense so magic = bad), you only lose out on a few 100 attack on one base stat after all (unless you plan to use sword or rod).

lets name all the holy damage sub-classes in cleric.

Chaplain
Exorcist

now lets look at their auto stats

Class STR DEX CON INT SPR
Chaplain 0.7 0.7 0.3 0.15 0.15
Exorcist 0 0 0.6 1.2 0.4

Auto Stats on the other side of the spectrum only has INT and SPR auto stats because of the magic damage scaling of Aspergillum and Last Rites.

-> Oh yes, I totally care about those 2 skills even though I only want that THICC 100% holy boost and 100% uptime pain barrier for my death ray build

-> Oh yes, the rest of the classes specialize in other elemental property attacks

If you haven’t noticed auto stats are only effecting base values (naked character stats) only with out effecting anything else. Asking the question of why even add the stat multipliers in the first place or even why even have stats??? Even class modifiers are bugged and its clear in the swordsman tree. Peltastas only having 60k physical defence when they are suppose to have 300% multiplier on armour and then a further 320% multiplier on only shields through Hard Shield.

Take for instance an asio +11 100% trans shield. Base Armour value on ktest is 4618 add level 10 trans and that’s 9236 armour. Add the +11 enhance and that’s a totals of 9756 Amour.

Ok now lets add the skill Hard Shield 320% multiplier to armour value of shield, that’s a total of 40975k Armour

If you look at the image bellow you will see that his shield provides him with most of his physical and magic defence. What about the native 300% armour multiplier to swordsman? What about the multiplier from con? Just gone none existent poof.

You forgot Kabbalist xD
although quite the meme itself, Kabbalist skills still deal considerable holy property damage,
at least Nahash does now with up to 5280% every 30 seconds.

Imo I wouldn’t take Chaplain unless they add another Class option because you still have quite some downtime, especially with Rubric channeling reduced to 4 seconds.

I noticed that, that’s because I stated the difference between pure build and hybrid build being small.

This 300% modifier only affects the base level gain (and maybe the gain through CON) but not the gain through equipment. it would be strange to see any Peltasta with more than 60k defense and that is fine the way it is.

Wait, Nakhash got buffed? I thought it got nerfed.

Also, if chaplain downtime is an issue, couldn’t you just…you know…auto attack with those magic scaling aspergillum hits?

Everything got nerfed that deals damge, especially Merkabah, so overall Kabbalist lost a lot of damage on Merkabah but gained okish damage on Nahash.

It’s now a 30 seconds CD skill with an increased duration of 10 seconds.

-> implying +100% holy damage solves the high mdef problem
-> implying Chaplain deals more damage than another Class option without the requirement to stick to the enemy 24/7
-> implying I wanted compensation for a nerf although I just pointed out the flaws of the Exorcist-overall theme compared to other Classes in the Cleric tree

Exorcist was never really a braindead Class, a lot of skills require some consideration when used to have their full effect. Players just used to play Rubric-only, because it was strong enough in the majority of situations and easier to use instead of using the other skills instead.

I personally don’t care that much, since I’m planning to go hybrid anyway, which is the only way to cope with that horrible situation a pure build finds itself in when tackling endgame content.
In fact, 2 less seconds on channeling provide me with more time to use other skills, while the pure caster builds are hit more severely, especially if they considered e.g. Chaplain just to boost their holy property damage.

About Ktest update:

Double Gun Stance and Outrage are now bugged. You can’t walk and shoot while on DGS Stance and you can’t run and shoot under Outrage buff. The character stops moving everytime you begin to shoot.

1 Like

Nachash in kTest ticks at a rate of a tick per 0.5secs. Minus off the initial startup tick and last tick, we wind up with 18 ticks per Nachash cast. That’s around 2880%.

Everyone seems to forget about Miko too… Gohei and Hamaya are Holy damage too, and gohei’s SFR isn’t too shabby for a 8sec cooldown, 4OH spell.

No I mean, it was nerfed comparatively from what it used to be. When nekorin tested it, it seemed like it dealt rather low damage compared to similar spells and hit less times. Was the damage per hit increased or something?

Oh, pseudo magic arrow and weeb stick are holy property damage? I’m genuinely surprised

At this point why did they put so much effort into making an auto stat system if it does literally nothing. Just get the highest weapon damage and more con (since it has the best scaling compared to every other stat) so you don’t die.

Stats only effect some buffs and healing at this point and increasing your damage by 2 when you have 10k+ damage from a weapon is pitiful.

hhhhhmmmmm isn’t this like… I don’t know, the absolute state of iToS atm? :thinking:

So they fued over Nahash,too? I wonder why they are so obsessed with decreasing the tick-rate of every skill without proper compensation, maybe they want to provide more client stability that way?

The auto stat system provides a difference between the Classes/builds aside of the skills and outfits, that was their goal, not to make build x vastly superior to build y simply because of the stat gain.

Well currently on itos if you don’t pvp you stack the single stat increases the performance of your roll. Physical dps more str, magic dps more int and healers more spirit, if you pvped you went full con.

Excuse me but, are we playing the same game?

I must congratulate you for contradicting your own statement above

Ah, thanks for reminding me that I need to go point blank so I can deal maximum damage with my death ray and big dicc spear

1 Like

No one would have picked a single class because it gave them more int or str. that would be stupid. it would be like picking fletcher/musket/cannoneer because you wanted the highest STR. Auto stats was intended as a path way towards a build and to easily indicate synergies between sub-classes. This also showed how a hybrid base class (cleric) could build around physical dps, caster dps, or healer.

If auto stats and stats in general do nothing whats the point of changing the system. It would have made more sense if the multipliers grew with further investment in stats and gear and effect equipment, which would indicate growth of a character than just here is my +11 or +16 velcoffer weapon f uck everything else.