Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Another way to make the buffs stay the same, but not being op. Is to make them affect only the class itself.
Example : Deeds Of Valor applying only to spells of dopple. ^^

Also worth noting that taking every thing IMC announced years ago as if it was still part of the plan doesn’t seem wise.

The game has evolved a lot from what it used to be and what they originally wanted.

Tfw it’ll just feel weird to have ranger and pyro and the likes on the same powerlevel as mergen and warlock. It just feels wrong after them being R2 classes for so long-

Say that to Ice Pike, not even Chronomancer’s Stop can be as effective.

Don’t know about other class branches, but in the case of archers, most of high rank classes are incompatible with each other due to weapon restrictions. Making all classes available from rank 2 won’t unlock new possibilities of build combinations. Players will keep combining ranger with fletcher/mergen or quarrel shooter with cannoneer/musketeer because these are the only options available that are weapon-compatible and offer some synergies.

I don’t see how we will see more diverse builds with the new class system. In contrary, I see they will be forcing all players to master selected classes to circle three. We are moving from a system that allowed us to combine 9 different class choices in our build to a new system that will just allow us combining 3 classes. Goodbye to rainbow builds and alternative build variations. Goodbye to filler wonders such as scout 1 for cloaking or appraiser. With the new system we are rather loosing diversity and customization options for our builds.

2 Likes

Yes, they have often shared with us some things that were actually never implemented at all, like the “master circles” I mentioned, or the Earth Tower hard mode that was supposed to give more cubes, and who knows if the final level cap is still supposed to be 600 as they initially meant.

Also, now that we will not have a rank system anymore… Who knows what will happen to the level cap. I guess it will be increased from time to time now, independently from classes, and now it will also be more relevant because stats are going to depend much more on it. Nowadays having a char that’s not fully maxed out isn’t a big deal (especially if you already have all the relevant skills on your character), but it might be, later, with the new system.

2 Likes

This makes sense, else we’ll just faceroll through the mobs until endgame PVE.

it took me sometime to read all msg’s but a common problem that i have seen here is that most people are thinking about right now, and how they will be in the future.
Edit:
Ivion the msg is not a direct answer to you, but to everyone, is just that your was the last i read and i clicked reply
the thing is.
a musketer will always be one.
weapon restriction everyclass more or less have it today.
swordsman have this as well a lot more than archer and have even mounts . haha with only 2 classes. ;
cleric too, with two handed mace.
wizard’s who players spr as well, since one handed +shield have better spr, later on they can change to staff but well .
but this patch is to make lower rank classes in the same power ground as high rank classes.
so players can choice to not take them.
for example: archer pvp build, a player now can work his way in the qs pvp build and have damage, without the need to appeal to high ranking classes.
let’s also not forget the section
" removing manual stat point allocation that did little to affect the direction of character growth"
" faithfully play the roles that match their available skill-set."
". Stat system will be changed.
- Stat allocation will be automated and increase with each level to better reflect class characteristics."

why is that? because qs have a shield, so we can expect that he will gain some more of defensive status and not only attack status.
classes now will suppose gives more than SKILLS, they will also give status, this is a new way to look at your choices, and besides skillset the most important part of this change and building character will be this. (going PVP with full DPS character who suppose will not gain any CON since they are DPS, may create problems!, or you will have to build UP specify equips for it’s, more choices and importance of equips).

and the best part of it, is that there is no need to focus on rank 8 classes + to be viable, everything will come to down to the choice and the better status set you are looking for as well, everything will need to be considerate.

i also have seen some people complaining about classes like scout, who is taken as only one rank wonder filler, but also :
“With the removal of ranks, the power difference between skills of different ranks will be minimized and all skills will be adjusted so that every class will be able to more faithfully play the roles that match their available skill-set.”
this implies that classes that have been undervalued so far, will gain something more as well.
we can not look in the new upgrade with the mentality of today even more with builds that are BIS today , even more with the so little information and complaining about it:

what we know for certain “only” is
rainbow builds gonna die, because the new limit of choices.
classes even low level ones will have the same power level as high one, so you are free to follow your choice and make you character based on the roleplay or gameplay you LIKE.
and most important status will be changed based on classes. and this would to be the most important change in this patch, because as we seen status may also be linked of how skill does damage, someone suggested skills factor with level, but i remember reading about spoiler from this at the very start that skill factor would be linked to status, may be wrong or the guy who posted it at the very status could be, but i believe it makes more sense, since would be more valid with the all “classes will receive status that fittes they role”, so a pelta for example, receives defensive status like CON and thus would do less damage, but if you take pelta doppel highlander (offensive classes) is safe to assume that doppel and highlander would give offensive status like dex and str, and thus pelta skill would still do DAMAGE but would the overall damage of the entire build would be LESS than a full DPS build, see? how skill factor based on status makes more sense?
and this is just the start, classes could give for exxample critical rate , block pen, or block, atk speed, and so on since the annocuement only mentioned status, and this would influence a lot the build’s as well.
basic imc is removing the choice of damage and skill factor of classes, and putting them in the roleplay-gameplay of a character, something that have been the focus of tos on it’s launch, if you want to be X class and play with it, you will be, and does not matter if it’s rank 1 or 8, because it will receive support now, and thus there is gonna be more diversity in the late game.

6 Likes

Just a small adition to this.

Everybody with that played or stayed around enough knows about the weapon restriction issue and it would be a huge miss for them to not address it with such ambicious project, in fact as i said before if the new class does turn out to be a thief-esque then Swordsman may be turned into spear users as default and keep only shield, spears and free classes in it.

Unlikely class redistribution

Note - Top one is being more flexible, bottom one more conservative.

THERE’S NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION TO BACK THIS UP, TAKE IT AS A GRAIN OF SALT

As it was said above we assume that each class will provide main stats, however taking the whole class themes they may provide even unusual substats as well like Fire Property Attack and Resistance for Pyromancers. If they take this opportunity to enhance the elemental system in particular we can have some special synergy interactions as Elemetarist gets both Meteor and Prominence empowered by taking Pyromancer.

What is “outlaw-like” about 2h swords and bows? I don’t think any of those would get moved. Why would “swordsman” be “spearman”?

I mean I think some are likely, like corsair/shinobi/rogue/scout, but the others seem pretty out there.

The thing about swords is that they’re way less efective in (real life warfare) combat than most of weapons, a true warrior would either go for spear type and if IMC indeed gets into this thematic wagon it could happen especially with the synergetic issues it carries.

Staying to this outlaw possibility it would make more sense to have the new class tied to a different weapon and Swordsman to embrace spears, also Wugushi and Rogue don’t care much for bows and Scout was being pointed out (be that true or not) to be reworked as a dagger class so on this matter the class may be into swords and daggers (with an occasional pistol perhaps) mostly. This also makes it slightly friendlier to two handed swords as classes will either focus on off-hand or be restrictionless.

Personally i’d say the bottom one would be closer to the real thing if we do get Outlaw.

1 Like

I’d be more inclined to think that less “lawful” classes would be in an outlaw style base, like bokor or other unorthodox, shaman-like clerics and wizards, and similarly unorthodox archers and swordsmen.

Of course, we also don’t know if outlaw serves as the base class, or perhaps a class which fills out gaps in the new base.

1 Like

Meh i think dualwielding cls will be thief cls.
Like i write yesterday.

Classes like Doppel/Murmillio will be swordman after the patch.

Thiefs would have Dex as main stat Dodge//Crit.

Outlaw could be some sort of Adv. Rogue/Corsair dagger or sword + pistol?

So my Prediction would be Dagger/pistol/Rapier/Sword for thiefs.

I might be biased since i want to keep my Corsair3/Fencer 3 but they would fit so well in the thief tree ^^

Finally i’ll play with a catagoonlancer all c3!!

1 Like

I enjoy this 2H spear build as well, I just hope cataphract will finally get the big end of the stick this time and not become useless again.

What the… I swear everything you said was exactly what I was thinking about the 5th class tree.

However, I really hope the new class branch is NOT just shifting existing classes into them, like you said with templar or paladin into tank branch.

1 Like

You guys are so optimistic i kinda feel bad for thinking this will be the last nail in the game’s coffin.

Nothing that made the game unique will remain after this goes live.

And the worst, it won’t solve the problem. They need to change the mechanics of skills,but they just keep adjusting damage valors.

The only good that comes from this is that it looks like a solution to the impossible skills bars the rank system made possible to make.

What made the lower classes bad wasn’t damage,it’s the effect(low rank swordman has lots of clunky,slow skills that hit like two enemies while you have doppel/dragoon that presses one button do do a screen clear)

Several issues with the this bit, how would you balance PVP if you strip the defensive classes from a melee class, subjected to the 3 other classes that have either ranged or tile-placement type of attacks?

The only solution is to reduce the 3 other classes damage by 40-60% in both PVE and PVP for the suggested “warrior” class or to buff the damage of the class by a large percentage (80-140%) for a high risk high reward playstyle.

& personally, i dislike the holy trinity. it dumbs down the gameplay.

“Oh hey I wanna be the DPS so i can just spam a single button to attack without having to think about receiving attacks d’oh”

I like the idea of them adding tanks to the game.

Anyways, about the changes, I also dont think it will be all doom and gloom. Yes, we will have to adapt, but also some exclusive class designs will be able to come back into the fold.

If it is well implemented, it will be a great change.
Fixed status isnt bad at all either, as we will have to use equipment for it. Right now most builds is just full Spr or int.

My major concern is content update. Those two new raids were good, but we need more challenging content with non RNG rewards.

I’m kinda curious about how are they going to deal with the hidden classes (RC, miko, etc, etc). I mean, if job now is 45, maybe those are going to have more skills? I would like to see more rune skills :slight_smile: .

1 Like