Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

You have to look at the class bonus stats based on how high you planned to go with them. If you plan to go 90+ str then the bonus str you get from classes would be worth 10 stat pts each (stats cost stat points and the higher you go the more expensive +1 stat becomes). If you plan to stay below 10 on a stat that each stat would cost only 2 stat points. This is also why gear with +1 stats are important/valuable in RO.

I’m interested in what the stat revamp will look like. If they do away with the ridiculous 300+ lvs then maybe stats become valuable too. Losing control over where to place stats makes quest stats way more valuable than they are now. You can even do without the current quest stats. What’s an additional 1-3 stats in a pool of over 300 stats to distribute?

I don’t like the idea of having all classes available for choice from rank 2. Having such a broad variety of similar class options readily available from rank 2 will make early class choices very complicated for new players. New players will have to chose from a catalog of about 15 different class options which are very similar in nature and play very similar meta roles.

For example, let’s say you want to build a dps Archer. There’s a bunch of similar classes which follow this meta role: mergen, ranger, musketer, cannoneer, fletcher, bullet marker, etc. Differences between them are just a matter of skill preferences and you will need to do some in depth research to understand those differences. Having all of them available for choice from the very beginning will do nothing but confuse new players.

Or for example, let’s say I want to try out an swordsman character, which is a class branch I have never tried before. To do so I will first need to go through and research all 15 classes of the swordsman tree so I can decide which one I want to pick. That is crazy.

I think one of the key points of the former class system was indeed the way it was introducing new classes step by step, so choices were a bit more friendly for new players. If that is gone with the new system, I’m afraid class system will become too much complex that new players won’t even dare to give it a try.

1 Like

I’m afraid class system will become too much complex that new players won’t even dare to give it a try.

It’s not as if in current system you don’t have to research beyond. If you only research the classes that your rank is currently is at, you are bound to be screwed when you reached 10.

Also,

• Players will be able to use the in-game [Class Change] system to readily switch between classes.

If I didn’t understand this wrongly, it means permanent ‘rank’ reset. They must be very confident with all classes being useful such that they don’t mind people switching around anytime.

1 Like

Exactly. The current system requires you research everything r1-10 to avoid “wasted ranks”.

I guess it makes some sense based on the current rank reset (-1 rank) we have now. No more circles so if you reset you reset the entire class. No more circles means you also get to “test” the entire class at just “rank 2”.

1 Like

TBH though, I was just really hoping they’d significantly improve the game’s performance. It seems to have gotten worse the last few patches - game even freezes as soon as you load into the map on your first character login. Multiple parties on 380 CM seems to result into terrible lag too for everyone in those instances.

3 Likes

lordealvaro

Oct 1

Spr now gives magic accuracy and magic penetration otherwise you can block magic or evades it

FOR FREEDOM OF PHYSICAL CLASS

You’re welcome imc.

If they fix the core of the problem, game engine, lag, interface, etc, and this new idea comes out good, then there may be a future for tos. More likely, this game will be dead soon.

1 Like

if are 3 class to choose…i wait theys remove attribute 2 hand blunt from monk and paladin…e.e…cleric all tree have to use the weapon or put in more class

I think I need an optimization patch more than anything :heeey:

While it’s fun and to theory craft and all, what’s the point of anything if the game crashes every two hours or so! I’ve decent rig and I still get massive frame drops in busy towns and it freezes for 5 seconds when I turn in a quest for the first time on a map.

Edit : nevertheless in spirit of the current topic, I can only say one thing : rip linker 3 lifeline.

3 Likes

Like you were the first and only to suggest magic should be blocked/dodged :haha:

2 Likes

They are most likely getting turned into 3 ranks, similar to current normal ranks. This is possible because the blog post mentions the ability to change class at and given time you want. This would allow you to get into the range where a hidden rank quest is doable, reset, then add that hidden rank to your class.

This could be very plausible, but highly unlikely due to thematic reasons. Something ToS is very big on.

This may not be the case as we do not know how much a difference classes affect stats, or how many stat points we may get from this automated system. Also do not forget they are restructuring stats, which means that a point in 1 stat could have a higher significance than it would in our current iteration. This more than anything would further solidifies Lifelines role.

It could be possible that base is no longer what we think. We might be able to start with Priest or Paladin as a base rather than Cleric. This could help in diversity and solidifying “roles” of character.

Agreed.

Wait till Monday everyone. That is when the KTest info should be coming in.

Some kinda are complaining. Though some are possibly “theory crafting” and it just seems like complaints. All in all, heads are being turned :distinguished:

I feel you here :disappointed_relieved:

I believe this is a good thing. It brings a higher skill ceiling towards theory crafting and learning. Dumbing down things too much is not a good thing in the longevity of a game. Just ask Destiny 2 that :smirk:

That may not be the case at all. For instance, PoE has super complex system of mechanics that are thrown at you from the beginning, yet it is one of the most thriving F2P games. Complexity at the get go is not always a deterring factor. It can often challenge a new player enough for them to say “I want to stay and see how in-depth this game really is”.

I wonder, it took months of development for the damage formula and skill factor ratios rework. But now they’re planning to make such huge rework, changing all skills, classes and attributes, as well other stuff to accommodate those other changes within less than one month.

And as it was said here, they had other direction not far away, back when the rank 10 was released. I just hope they don’t screw this up because of rush.

I was the first, dirty cleric kkk

Regardless the hidden classes, and classes access at all…

I just hope they still keep some mechanics of quests and singularities. We can discuss how hard a quest can be, but I think it would be nice to still have things to work on for a class, like:

• quests to unlock certain classes (hidden and actual r8 that does have them)

• sex requirement, like Miko

• Particular class requirement, like Chaplain requiring Priest (although this kind of singularity would greatly reduce build variation, but it is still logical)

I see these requirements (and new ones that could be created) as a fun thing to build up another layer of discovering (even though some hidden classes have terrible quests).

Hope they keep them, obviously adapting it to the new reality.

But another critical question is:

Will all classes have 3 different outfits and costume quests?
Devs, please! Tree of Fashion is your creation, you did it to us!!

5 Likes

Some theory-crafting about the structure of the skills:

Every skill and attribute in this game was made taking in consideration its rank and class cicle. By removing those elements, they’ll need to find a way to balance and equalize their overall power and value, either by increasing their drawback or , the least likely, reducing/removing their power. I say least likely because having the feeling of becoming weaker or having a favorite skill being nerfed is something that brings a very strong feeling of dissatisfaction for the players, which IMC will probably try to avoid.

That being said, I believe that a neat way to balance C3 vs C1 skills is to invert their maximum skill points and skill point scallings: C3 skills would need 15 Sk.P to reach maximum level, C1 would need 5 and C2 would be the same. This way C3 skills can keep their power with the drawback of requiring more investment.

About the attributes. I believe that many attributes locked behind cicles will either be replaced on their skill’s basic function (like the old cast time reduction attributes) or they will be nerfed, since there’s no much solution for them because the investment isn’t Sk.Pts, but rather money, and putting too much power behind a money wall can be problematic. For example, Dragoon Dragon Soar’s Ascension attribute allows the skill to deal double damage by doubling the amount of hits, and it’s a reward for getting Dragoon C3. With this new equalized class system, there’s no place for attributes like this I believe, since they would be very problematic for the class’s balance. A solution for this would be keeping the attribute but nerfing it, like reducing the total damage by something like 40%.

About buff skills. I’m really like those, and I find them class defining skills: Deeds of Valor, Finestra, Quick Cast, Quicken, Trot. But they will obviously need to be readjusted, since they will become much more relevant. A good way to balance them is to make them switch (on/off) skills and reduce their power slightly. Maybe decrease their drawback as well to compensate, or turn them into class attributes, I’m not sure.

I don’t think this topic should be treated like “master class circle”, for a specific reason: the release date is in LESS THAN FIFTEEN DAYS. This means stuff has probably been finalized already and it’s only going through fine tuning.

Another way to make the buffs stay the same, but not being op. Is to make them affect only the class itself.
Example : Deeds Of Valor applying only to spells of dopple. ^^

Also worth noting that taking every thing IMC announced years ago as if it was still part of the plan doesn’t seem wise.

The game has evolved a lot from what it used to be and what they originally wanted.

Tfw it’ll just feel weird to have ranger and pyro and the likes on the same powerlevel as mergen and warlock. It just feels wrong after them being R2 classes for so long-

Say that to Ice Pike, not even Chronomancer’s Stop can be as effective.