Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

yeah,. tos really likes to pass that beautiful middle age image, where we have magic and goddess and everyone is happy; but anyone who stopped 5 minutes to read the dialogues, is pretty dark; i remember reading what the pract quest npc’s says for the quest sometime ago; and ■■■■, someone was killed by a tree failing on them, everyone is dying with hungry or things like that.

the funny thing is; if we stop the playerbase and ask them what they believe/know about the character in tos or the world , i bet 99,99% would say they are happy marry going around in their world killing the eventual goblin and becoming goblin slayer; because almost no one really read the history dialogues of characters.
tos really have a huge contrast of history x game atmosphere.

well; just look at the lasted dg/arts; we have multiples bunny rabbits like wizards; and those things are ■■■■■■■ cutes; but hey they are mostly there to be killed or kill us forever.

5 Likes

TBF it’s only about 50% of NPCs that get crushed, bludgeoned, petrified, demonized, roasted, impaled, thrown off a cliff, possessed, cannibalized, and probably still more to come/yet to be discovered. The other 49.9% simply just needs to live in fear. With the .1% concerned about their wedding.

At least they have catchy kPop to listen to. I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR EYES

I can see myself getting upset with vocals everytime I warp to Klaipeda and have to hear that “I can see it in your eyes~~~~” again and again.

Music looks fine, but vocals might be bad, honestly. But nice to see they doing it, bgm and art style are always amazing on this game

2 Likes

I don’t think a song with vocals fits into any game as a bgm… I mean if it is just humming or something like that without lyrics it can be cool… but listening to cringy lyrics that may not even fit to a place…is cringy XD

Well, imagine you playing Dark Souls till the end and instead of hearing the melancholic strings, flutes and choir from Sakuraba, you hear the high pitched lolis of Denpa songs.

However, I would say that this contrast actually remind me one characteristic of the artistic movement of Baroque, which the most common antithetic theme was life and death.

Maybe IMC created a new type of Baroque with happy/cute and death kek.

On the other hand, I don’t really find the song to be that unfitting by its lyrics, although they have a weak choice of words (like most pop songs nowadays) they seems to try to create an atmosphere of we are having pretty shitty days, but it is alright, we can make it.

I would even say that is what those village members would prefer to hear instead of something that would make them want to kill themselves.

The only thing that I think would be 100% better was to continue using Lithuanian lyrics. C’mon all songs had that and were wonderful until now, why change it?

3 Likes

OP Updated!

You can visit Rank 10 Discussion thread here.

Many thanks to @Pokart for heading that thread. :satisfaction:

(Also apologies for failing to update OP earlier.)

1 Like

Please post the other new BGMs. I need them.

Visit @tomgo32000’s channel

8 Likes

Damn, those new tracks are neat. I can’t even decide my favorite one, but it’s probably either Mayor Higher, End of World or Seven Cloudy Dive.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

hmm

1 Like

I feel like over reinforce would be underwhelming even if it gave +10, considering it costs 2k silver per minute on top of wasting time crafting enchant rounds. Meanwhile balance team be like “alright 83% uptime is bad, here’s 10 more seconds.”

Edit: added bad meme

19 Likes

I first heard Groove of the Sea in a video 3 years ago, before there were even any betas. Can’t believe it’s finally out.

2 Likes

What if Overreinforce will set a shop to buff your weapon to +6? :joy::joy:

maybe overreinforce is not that good in comparison with thaumaturge swell but it could be good for builds with sorcerer 1 or 2 since the damage for summons comes from your spr and weapon dmg

The material cost is irrelevant by the time you reach rank 10 even on a new account.

At least now it has 100% uptime.

2k silver per 60s? Not so bad but…

there was a million people crying rivers about pass/cat cost :haha:

2 Likes

I think because one it’s not supposed to replace the other, but accumulate lol

The 2 good things about overreinforce in comparison to swell lv 5:

• It scales well with weapon lv and tier (much better values for velcoffer weapon)
  • No stat requirement, so you can afford some CON / DEX for AA as enchanter

Of course, just like Pass, I don’t really see the value of casting it in easy contents.

The meme was hyperbole as the two skills don’t directly compete with each other. This was not intended to be a direct comparision since I’m aware that you can have both. Swell was just used to showcase the (lack of)difference. There’s no real identity to the skill other than being able to buff other’s summons.

In endgame content, people would have around 8-12k attack, making the skill average a 4-6% attack boost. Why not add a shadowmancer to your party instead? The skill seems to work best in casual content where the boost would be more substantial but that would likely prefer a higher duration.

2k silver isn’t a lot and I wouldn’t mind if it had the effect to back it up but it’s current iteration leaves a lot to be desired. Can you imagine swell left arm lv5 with a 2k silver cost that lasts 1 minute? Because that’s literally what over-reinforce is with like 8x the sp cost. A dex based enchanter is going to be out of sp real fast. It does scales with higher lvl and rarity gear but I don’t see the boost going over 1k until the final level cap probably. Relatively, power levels would also increase so 1k then is not going to be the same as 1k now.

It’s not about the cost (sp+mats)
It’s not about the atk boost
It’s not about the duration
It’s about all of this combined on a c3 rank10 skill

If cost and duration stay the same, then attack needs a boost
If cost and atk stay the same, then duration needs a boost
If duration and atk stay the same, then cost needs a reduction

This skill is the epitome of buffs and what do we have? See meme

Either way, no point of complaining about a skill that isn’t released.

1 Like

Because the boost is way higher than you think, especially against high level bosses and with archer builds that have defense debuffs (like musk), that 500 attack might be 4-5% extra attack, but the effective damage it will provide will be over 10%.
Same thing for really weak players with low attack, estimating, the buff on a 5k attack players will deliver 15-20% extra damage for defense formula shenanigans.

1 Like