Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v3.0 LOL

stop de combo to cast bunshin with doppel in’st that worth i think that muay thai will be more worth beacause muay that has ONE skill that deals Slash Damage with 700%x2 something like that and has 2 overhits with 14 sec cd and other strike skills it’s good for breaking time because slash damage deals less damage on plate armored oponents and strike deals more, so it’s more worth i think, the skill that shinobi copies it’s not that strong for a kill combo like rodelero and fencer or corsair… i think.

Wizards got their own thread right now

I think class discussion should spread out for swordsman aswell now that the game is becoming tree of shinobi.

1 Like

Oh know everybody will have to walk with a lot of materials… They are very inconsistent with the changes. If they want all buffs and support skills to consume materials, they should put this limitation to all classes. Why kinos and linkers don’t consume materials in their skills?

I prefer a increase in mana consumption or higher cds than to carry a lot of materials, they don’t even have UI to tell us when to restock the current resource skills…

The item-requiring skills have received a lot of negative feedback since beta (excluding shop skills) but they chose to ignore it and extend that anti-play feature to more classes now. Main supports are already the classes that have one of the worse silver income of the game and they put another burden to them

sounds like greed to me tbh. You just want to use both pistol shot and that new dagger skill along with shinobi clones.

Pistol shot is great AoE, but it sucks at single target without all that ricochet. The new dagger skill looks like it’s more of a single target thing. Outside of pvp I don’t really see the point of using both, for pve you pick pistol shot for a really good aoe screen-clearing skill, while you go for the dagger skill if you want a single target clonable burst.

DWA: Yea not everyone likes AA builds but it’s fun if you do. It’s not even tiring to do you just hold C while tapping Z with default keyboard controls. Also, the difference between pistol and dagger will be another gameplay choice for DWA, dagger will let you hit more things with half your attacks while pistols will give you more base damage and a slightly slower attack speed. In this sense dagger will be more AoE and mob oriented while pistol will be more single target and boss oriented. That being said isn’t it nice that DWA will be mitigating the weakness of your choice between the new dagger skill and pistol shot? Heck you can even do a pistol DWA focus with jolly roger’s missile damage bonus and if what I read earlier somewhere is correct Kunai also becomes a missile type pierce attack so you can imagine what that means for a shinobi corsair.

I love how you use “omhergehd you don’t play corserr” to try and supplement your argument, it’s actually my favorite swordsman class. Hexen dropper is strong and it executes really fast. Dust Devil has a great circular hitbox and can CC annoying elite mobs by spinning them in place. It’s a great CC that’s not obstructive in party play unlike bash or other knockdown skills. Corsair is one of the few swordsman classes with most skills affected by attack speed and it is NOT restricted with its main weapon choice so what’s the problem with asking for a few decisions for sub-weapon?

The only reason corsair is “weak” is because shino-murm is ridiculous. Doppel, Lancer and Dragoon were the only ones able to catch up a bit recently but the changes in Shinobi imho has given a big bump to corsair along with Doppel. Corsair was already decent, Matador just sucks ass and all the other swordsman classes that could compete had weapon restrictions unfit for corsair. Just think of the future a little bit and wait for a new rank 8 class that will fit right into c3 corsair and you’ll see it become meta right away (or if they buff matador).

1 Like

I already needed items to use skills. They are called potions.

2 Likes

Nak Muay has 1 slash and 3 strike skills. Where did u find 4 slash skills?
Why do u think people take Nak Muay with rodelero? Cuz only rodeleros High Kick increases strike damage.

i said 1 slash and 3 strike oush xD the core build for Muay Thai on KR is Rodelero3 with Murmillo i see some Doppels taking too

Slash damage no longers deal less damage to plate, it just deals 100%, same for pierce on cloth or strike on leather. This changed a long time ago.

That’s the exact reason people are complaining (pve-side).

You can only pick Pistol Shot if you want to go AoE (and most PvE content simply requires AoE). Then you’d change to single target for bossing, which would be weak without the new skill (which you should know that much, my HL3Squire3 kills Saalus bosses faster with same level of gear, lol).

The point is: You pick one or another.

Other classes: You don’t need to pick between AoE and Single target. Corsair is at loss.

To cover that you need to transcend dagger for single target and clones and pistol for AoE. And the game is all about AoE and killing a boss later - so it makes no sense to exclude one or another only in a single class behind weapon restrictions.

Even a new R8 class won’t change the fact that Corsair in its own circle is at loss if it’s locked to dagger/pistol.

1 Like

You are placing the same expectations on corsair as you would a doppel, fencer or beyond. It is in a rank between rodelero/cataphract and those classes mentioned, but even considering that it’s already going beyond what is expected. Corsair doesn’t eat into your r8 class picks and it’s even good enough with just two circles invested. A new r8 class that allows for use of one hand+sub weapon WILL make corsair a really great choice and depending on the new scaling for DWA it can even set it on the same level as QS and chaplain as an early pick and overall gameplay deciding class pick.

You are placing too much importance on the dagger skill which seems to work similarly to fencer’s flash skill (used 4 times in the gif, 3 hits each cast). You don’t need both that and pistol shot, and I’m sure even if you go clones+pistol you will have enough skills to spam for the duration of the clones even without the new dagger skill.

1 Like

I agree it will make Corsair a better choice.

It just doesn’t change the factor that you need to transcend 3 weapons to use the class to the fullest while all other classes works well with 1-2 weapons.

People argument’s is that it feels wrong to be the only class that needs to transcend 3 weapons or ignore completely a skill while other classes doesn’t need it and that’s all.

Different opinions: Most corsairs thinks it’s a bad thing from experience.

I guess most hackapelles should be transcending pistols then so you could use all the skills to their fullest?

1 Like

Hackapell C2 have more than enough skills with higher % than Corsair and the skill is bad - it’s not worth to pick nor force a “Single Target or AoE build” based only on that skill.

It’s not forcing you anything, you still have enough aoe and single target just taking corsair c2. Jolly Roger can pull mobs in its area of effect, you have low cooldown skills that have great hitboxes and decent damage, DWA has good potential when they add scaling, it’s already fairly decent with unlimited bless hitcount it just didn’t scale well with weapons. You even have a relatively OP CC that only requires you to stand still.

c3 just lets you wear a pistol and a really good AoE skill OR a potentially strong single target burst if combined with clones. The c3 skills don’t make or break corsair.

1 Like

It does forces you to pick just as you say, either way you’re losing one skill:

Totally agreed but there’s still no other class that have the same problem.

What’s the point of the rework if you need to abandon the only new skill that was added if you want to farm (which requires more AoE)?

We can simply agree to disagree. Most corsair thinks it’s bad, you think it’s good. No one is going to convince the other because both opinions are from experience.

I play on controller and I find it quite a nuisance to use DWA with it. That’s also an opinion - I want to avoid it as much as possible and having a new skill could allow me to focus on the dagger skill more than DWA. And nothing is going to change that it’s uncomfortable for me because it just is, no one is going to convince “no, it’s not uncomfortable, because it’s fine for me”.

They add a new skill and suddenly you lost something.

This is what I disagree with basically but if you’re convinced you lost something when they just added a new choice then yea let’s just leave it at that.

1 Like

Because every other class got upgrades from the rework that works on most of their skills and there’s no limitation to pick the new/changed skills.

Why is it only like this with Corsair? - That’s what people complains. Every other class got a part of the cake.

2 Likes

You have expanded hitboxes on dust devil and hexen dropper and also weapon scaling on DWA. Not to mention shinobi clonable skills. I’m sure even you would give in to using DWA despite the button mashing if it had 200-300% weapon scaling (I’m placing it around there so that it’s competitive with aspersion and lightning hands skill factor, but there’s also crit rate to consider so even if it’s a little lower I think it’s alright).

At that point the complaint should be about DWA’s execution and not the actual skill’s damage output.

I think corsair got a fair bit of love already, but it all depends on DWA so yes if you hate the skill you might feel that corsair didn’t get much. It’s also not set in stone, because we don’t know the actual multiplier yet so if it ends up crap like 5% per level at the worst case going 150% at level 10 then yeah that’s going to be a problem.

1 Like

I agree. I would. Probably pressing C/Z on keyboard instead of controller.

But ultimately it doesn’t change that other classes didn’t get such a restriction. “Why only Corsair, why everyone else can use all their important skills with 1-2 weapons and Corsair needs 3?” - and nothing will change that for me.

1 Like

The way I see it is the ability to even have 3 weapons in that case, maybe they should make it so that you can only put skill points in either of the 2 c3 skills so you have to choose which weapon you specialize in.

at least then people wouldnt feel forced to pick 3 weapons but not sure if people just want to see this in a negative light no matter what (not that I don’t understand why)