Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

Lancer’s are fine with current content, the problem once again, is comparisons to Doppels and Murmillos which throw class balance into disarray.

1 Like

dopple are only good for pve, stop saying they are op cuz its not true, lancer is op, corsair is op, doppel can’t do much in tbl/pvp, so at least in pve they have to be good

1 Like

PVE currently constitutes the vast majority of content. You can’t just have a class that breaks PVE balance because they are too weak in another area, you nerf what needs to be nerfed, and you buff what needs to be buffed. If Doppels are underpowered in PVP, then their PVP balance should be buffed.

4 Likes

Not really, the change setting a fixed 300 Block reduction and adds 300 Block penetration as a base value, adding 50 additional penetration per skilllevel [i.e. level 1 = 350 blockpenetration, level 5 = 550 block penetration].
This in contrast means that level 1 Initiate is enough to negate ± all of the natural block rate most people have in TBL, unless they invest heavily in CON, wear a shield with 2 slots and 2 8+* blue gems socketed in it and have 1-3 Molich cards for maximum block.

Prepatch, Lancer was only able to negate a maximum amount of 75-80% of the enemies blockrate, no matter how much block rate they had.
This means that in contrast to prepatch, Lancer has it easier against all non-Peltastas, even with only 1 or 2 points of Initiate.

For me it looks more like a buff than a nerf.

it really nerf because it not count the Final Block rate , and now we can’t attack who use “Guards”

it buff at to who have high block stat but nerf to who can block with skills.

Lancer likely make for counter who have block skills like pel / Murm / Hop3 builds. Now idk why they put Lancer for.

Crush: Gear Destroy [-50% attack and defense debuff ] will be really nice “IF” they fix it.

1 Like

Someone have some news about that?

1 Like

op tank support

Who need to know how to play when you have BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK…

Maybe 3v1 is Balanced…

Too bad he isnt offering anything to his party other than living forever. No crowd control beyond easy to avoid knockdowns.

EDIT: They lost the match to 3 timeouts because of his awful build.

And he isnt using finestra …
Block is the new opness, for pvp full con is more viable and popular than full dex … p.attackers will suffer (lancers will be nerfed soon here too).

How much block can they achieve, is full dex not enough to bypass?

Full dex can bypass the block for a full con build (in theory) but with shield+bluegem the block is more than the blockPen you can have from items plus some swordman classes have skills that add a loot more block and I don`t know how to counter that extra block X_x

And full dex isnt viable to pvp in 99% of builds.

You can gear for block pen and not go full DEX, you just need 100 or so plus block pen gear to do well in pvp.

1 Like

Just curious, this 100 block pen is how much in block?

http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/313305/ + https://tos.neet.tv/items/504111 +150 dex Uploading… is enough?

I have Solmiki Plate Gauntlet (136 Block Pen)+ lv8 yellow Gem (79 Block Pen)+ Eme musket (99 Block Pen) + 2 Glass Bracalets (90 Block pen) and around 250 Dex and Murm block me like 90% of my hits (even the melee hits)

1 Like

Lvl 7 or higher yellow gem on the gauntlets and glass bracelets on a fencer with 190 dex + elga should bring you to about 550 block pen (maybe more, didn’t do the math) which would be 25% block rate on targets with 600 block.

I think block still needs a slight nerf in pvp, it’s really easy to get for most classes with no drawbacks while you have to go out of your way quite a bit to counter it.

you are very clearly exaggerating. stahp.

You just notice the blocks more because you are playing a musket.

EDIT: The murm in your example would need 654 passive block to even block you 25% of the time. Most murms can get there if they are standing there and holding their block button, which makes them stay put and they can’t use skills.