Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

k

I view Dragoons as a mix of solo and aoe dps. Maybe additional AAR on Gae Bulg and Dethrone? I know Hoplite has Finestra for the AOE but they should consider other non hoplite builds as well. But yeah I get what you’re saying, since Highlander has overheats in Crosscut, Skyliner and Vertical slash.

Look at all this people looking highly on dragoon. What is this? Are we still in 2016? :joy:

idk why they love hoplite3 and doon so much, IMC nerf them like no place to stand.

it even weaker when rewamp come.

and someone wanna explain the animation and the class comparison (ahh it just rank 4-5 why you compare to rank8)

Man if you knew that , most skill dps was from r8 (we are not ele3 that got stronger skill than warlock) and you only got 6s of glass mole boost for big skills. the skills that have no Attack Speed Buff + Long animation = weak (no matter how much % skills is)

for me I don’t like hoplite (I hate the finestra stance) but Dragoon is one of my favorites. It is nowhere near as a Final Fantasy Dragoon, but it’s almost and that is mostly the reason why I play it(still awaiting if we could have a jump skill, not that fake long stride).

have you ever even considered that some people play what they wanna play not because of the damage? but because they have fun playing it.

Yes they do exist.

I would say hoping highly on Dragoon.

yes , if you read “someone” post and bless the hop3 skills. (and someone ask to compare to other skills through)

you must admit that it weak. and weak doesn’t mean it isn’t fun.

and again fun is subjective. “Fun” might mean high damage for you, but not others. so don’t generalize.

@Artreides
another miss understanding… please read before reply.

yes I actually understand what you mean. and I still stand by what I said, which is of course my opinion personally. I don’t speak on their behalf.

still it all comes down to the devs on what they consider as “balanced”, to which we all know, they have a very different concept of. :sweat_smile:
alot of things are questionable on this game. which is why I stopped trying to find what might be the “perfect” build as they screw up balancing more often than not.

please make swordie great again :cry:

like before when fresh r8 come

Not every build needs to top the damage charts to be considered viable, you have to consider what your role is and what you bring to the party. Take falconers3 for example, they’re basically half support half DPS, but anyone who grouped with one, probably never complained about it, taking into account the huge help it brings to the group. :smiley:

People have to stop comparing Dragoons to Doppels, you need to take into account that Dragoon is missing one circle and will probably see better days when Rank 9 are out.
Doppels on the other hand, reached their current limits, and given the fact that they need to use a 2handed weapon to use their abilities, we have little sinergies on the next ranks and probably we are gonna be forced to backtrack to previous ranks (swordman2/3, barbarian, highlander) when ranks 9 come.

I don’t know what IMC idea of Dragoon was when they designed it, right now it surely feels incomplete but it’s still in a nice spot and brings a huge buff to the melee party members (and himself) and since the current meta is all about Doppels and Murmillos… Dragoons 2 are the perfect partners together with Taoists or Mikos.

Also, ShinMurmillo is a relic of the past (and the video above isn’t impressive at all, considering he has a LV10 transcended weapon) you should see what a Pelt3Rode3Murm is capable of… if you do, you’ll stop complaining about Doppels. :slight_smile:

The way he were using his clone triggered me so much, maybe that shinobi just full of cash.

1 Like

about hop3… one thing people need to remember…
after combat patch… Finestra got huge boost on block%. Now any shield build with hop1-3 in it has huge advantage. Even if ur not full con. you can easily reach 1k block with crap shield as hop3 anything + shield.
i have hop3 goon2 and hop3 murm and both have easy 1k+ block. godmode in pve and damn annoying in tbl/gvg/duels. Theyre not even full con. Could get more if i used block cards or block gems or upgrade my shields…

another thing people moan about spear throw. “mobs get close quickly blablabla” you forgot that spear throw actually does have really long BIND… also you dont have to go get it back anymore… So basicly you could throw it max distance = BINDED. keep throwing for 2x dmg and mobs cant even move.

dragoon is half support, half dps. Gae bulg doubles all damage to physical dps on party. doppels. fencers. lancers. murmillo. what ever. everyone will love you for that. Also it doubles all your damage. also gives minor 2% boost.
Serpentine gives 50% boost to all melee dmg. (soon 70% if you have atleast hop1 in build for pierce).

who knows what goon3 brings. Most likely if this goes as predicted. Most likely will get more dmg skills and attributes to boost party damage on bosses. Yeah dragoon is mostly meant for bossing and boss support.

Hoplite is not even about the skills but synergy that it gives to the others spear classes. A hoplite 3 will give 200 critical rate, 250 block and 3 AoE attack ratio from Finestra alone and then they give 20% more damage against medium sized enemies that is the most common size in the game, and then they have Spear Lunge that gives the pierce debuff. Le’t not forget the the Murmillo synergy too.

Hoplite is not a powerhouse by itself, but they make every spear build stronger, in the end they are doing it’s job so it’s balanced. Another class that do that is Barbarian, that is weak by itself but make the already strong Doppel even stronger.

Doubles the damage? I know Gae bulg gives an extra line to physical attacks, but each of the numbers we’re lower than single line. At least thats what i’ve heard.

From the dev log, it also sounds like the pierce+serpentine 70% is only for the pierce skill itself, but i might be wrong

15% more damage actually.

I don’t think it doubles damage, last time i checked it made the physical hits turn into fake multi hits and increase damage by 15%. But i haven’t played dragoon since rebalance patch, xD mainly because it’s so bad right now.

well my goon1-lancer hits 1.1m dmg with lancer skills if i use gae bulg. Normally lancer skills are 1hit skills. They turn into 2 hit skills as gaebulg makes skills do extra dmg line. Copying dmg and doing it again.

without gae bulg 4x dmgcap 555k= around 2.22m dmg and with gae bulg i deal around 4.44m dmg.

for me atleast it just makes all dmg hit twice. i have multiple dragoon chars and works same way on all of them. so basicly doubling all damage. Dmg goes OVER dmg cap since it adds dmg dealt as extra line. not just % like spear lunge etc.

ooooh, make a video so we can see xD
or what server do you play on, i’m on klaipeda, maybe we can test together?

edit: Tried testing it with my friend, and well it didn’t help my Zornhau go over cap…

@Jikiboo you’ll have to show us with your lancer I guess :confused:

1K+ block and not even full CON? my pelt3hop3mum with max finestra and high guard didn’t even hit 900. Would you like to provide some screenshots.

It’s a known fact that it doesn’t. Like what @ijbest said, it turns your hit to fake multihits.

DOUBLE SLASH w/o GAE BOLG

DOUBLE SLASH w/ GAE BOLG BUFF AND DEBUFF