Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

I like your profile pic. Holds so much truth

2 Likes

Sorry guys.

But that red gogoboy costumeā€¦ I will use that. For sure.

1 Like

On KToS TBL videos i can see Steed Charge being used as distance cutter or escape while slowed or in a bad position that wont allow for normal movement constantly.

It seems to be a more pvp oriented skill than a skill you will use constantly on PvE for damage, similar to Telepath from Druids, it can have some uses on PvE but the main strengh is gonna be againts other players.

I like that theyā€™re giving Cata + Dragoon synergy since in the future Cata->Lancer builds will probably be stronger and this means you still have a choice.

They should give Lancer synergy with Hoplite too IMO. Right now it doesnā€™t make any sense to go Hoplite -> Lancer instead of Cata.

Trot wins over Hoplite unfortunately.

Some lancers take it for lunge>crush>quaintain for easy 555K, but you can actually hit 555K even without lunge. In the end, Hoplite is just for critical buff

does spear throw work well with 2handed spear for lancer and dragoon? as much as people talk it up it seems a bit weak compared to other skills.

it weak (just look at % of the skills ,u can really knew how weak it is)

@TIDMAN
as right now with full range spear throw become 2x damage, this have being put on previous notes on ktos already, so the skill it self have 498 per ā€œuseā€, that x 2 would become 996 without attribute , together with without the need to regain his spear, this become a huge mid range ability and very stronger for ā€œPVPā€ as well, even for lancers, fair better than a lot of other classes, even more when you know that it have 5 overheat and 10 sec cd, allowing for a 4980% each 10 sec, that with attribute would grown to 7470% at max level.
The ā€œonlyā€ downside of spearthrow is the ā€œslowā€ animation, and only that. but since it is a skill in class 3-5 range is one of the best in the entire game as right now in this rank range,even more since you can simple ā€œuseā€ as a filler, anytime and anywhere, because of itā€™s low CD and higher Overheat count allowing for the use of ā€œmidā€ range skill when entering a fight or leaving it.

if u bless about spear thrown so much, that mean you didnā€™t realize about ā€œdouble punchā€ ,ā€œOblique Shotā€ (even with f***ing op energy bolt)

and that stupid maximum range 2x damage (seem good but not).

and because this skill force you to go Hoplite3 instead just pick like dragoon1 (for more skills) or Cosair1 (for more skills in pvp)

and another reason why swordie have to fight in MID range battleā€¦ ??

PS:7470% this make fencer3 Laugh you so much, Attaque au Fer + preparation = 4400% (max at 8800%) in an instant, nothing have to spam 5 times of the skills.

Spear Trow do a fine job of being an AoE filler skill because of Finestra splash plus the natural AoE attack ratio from the skill and swordman tree make it hit a lot of targetā€™s.

And Hoplite 3 is a great class by the way, the passive that they have to do 20% more damage against medium targets is huge.

Overall, the hoplite animations just feel very clunky. The AOE skills of the class itself is slow and troublesome to use.
I only took Hop3 for the crit buff and lunge debuff. Should the day arrive where Cata is buffed to how it was before i
would jump ship.

1 Like

I actually think part of the problem with comparisons to Hoplite have to do with Highlander. Highlander skews the vision on what the mid-tier classes should be doing, it does very high damage, quite quickly, and very easily. It causes the other classes to be somewhat devalued. Hoplite is in a good place, but not really in comparison to Highlander.

All the other alternatives are roughly equal to Hoplite, which makes me skeptical of Highlanderā€™s balance.

Echoing the above - Spear Throw is bad, the animation is bad and the damage is bad.
Double damage at mid distance? Most monsters charge towards you making them melee range. Are you going to measure out max distance every time you use Spear Throw?

The reason you take Hoplite is for Finestra and Spear Lunge debuff. Spear throw is just a filler skill when everything else is on cooldown.

This is very true. Highlander indeed does high damage, higher even than Dragoon skill sets. Iā€™m doing Sw3-High3-Goon2 build and I find myself in the first spot more often than not. Vertical slash alone deals higher damage than Dethrone.

The appeal of dragoon isnā€™t really the damage but the ability to reach ranged and mid ranged enemies without engaging, that alone is already a good trade-off for damage to the point that the damage is weaker or on par to lower ranks. The real drawback of the dragoon is the lack of overheat, most or if not all swordsman classes have 2-3 skills that have overheat, and another drawback is the flashy long animations that arenā€™t improved by DEX.

2 Likes

lol ppl talking about all these garbage builds, but meanwhile in murmillo land ā€¦

IMC prefers making more costumes instead of fixing broken classes like shinobi and doppel.

the guy asked about spear throw, not about builds nor other skill choices or even other skills from other classes . and no, i do not bless about spear throw, but iā€™m gonna reply you anyway.
Oblique shot is garbage if you compare with it, because spear throw hits more targets than it, a lot more with way more damage , and about double punch a double punch level 5(rank5), is not gonna hit more as well, even with high dex because again spear throw hitā€™s double the targets that a monk double punch hits as well and if you compare in bossing scenery in 1x1 double punch wins once spear throw overheat is over but again is a rank5 skills but in the end there is ā€œOnlyā€ one true both of them have their own good and bad side to decide, but this is also invalid to the entire argument all together , because the guy asked about spear throw not double punch nor cleric skills , so i explained to him in a neutral stance without being bias because i just pointed out the GOOD/BAD POINTS of spear throw as i have write a review about it, where it have GOOD AND BAD points, something that you should have DONE before calling it garbage/weak when trying to answer someone about it, because calling itā€™s weak and making him look at % is wrong, because if you compare with any other choice in the range of rank 3-5 only skyliner from highlander surpass it from swordsman, even dragon1 loses to it in ā€œdamageā€(skyliner) so if you wanted to point out that the skill is ā€œweakā€ you should have use better words than telling him to look at % or at least point out other swordsman skills since trying to compare with archer or cleric is not valid and this was why what have motivate me to write my reply but this is my last msg to you, since you love to do personal attacks at everyone it seems, because the only thing i did was tag you on my msg where i wrote a little more information about spearthrow, in hope that would make the discussion better so i tagged you because you are the one who first answered him without enough information, i was not looking for a fight nor anything but i defend what i said , the thing you said about it being weak is wrong even more when you pointed out the % aspect of the skill, that at least you means to say that is weak because of it,that is not, spear throw is bad because of itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  slow animation and only that, so calm down a little.

Now passing on to your second msg,iā€™m gonna start with the end because is the most absurd thing you could have write, it seems that you really want to create a fight or something similar, or just flame, because there is not anything that would justify the mention of rank8 class in it, when i make it clear in my msgs i was talking about ranks 3-5, multiple times and to make it worse, the guy who asked about it does not mention it too.

you are trying to compare a combo from fencer 3? serious a rank 8 class ? and is not 8800%, if iā€™m not missing something the skill would go to 2199x1,5=3178x2=6357 but feel free to explain to me the 8800%, since more information is always good.

is good, any buff is good, even more when is so easy to use against bosses and having mid range abilities in PVP is a huge thing for swordsman and once you add the fact that the skill have again; huge %, chance of blind; plus high OV and LOW cd, makes it a very nice filler skill, but again the animation is really BAD, iā€™m just gonna say it again, the animation is BAD, and this is the only downside of it , a very huge one btw, that makes a skill who could be at the top of swordsman tree, to fall to middle at best.

this is true; where i do agree that with different builds dragon 1 or corsair could be a better ā€œfitā€ in the build it does not really makes sense in the entire conversation to point this out, because 1: the dude asked about spear throw 2: there is no mention of builds anywhere in any msg from him or me or you ; so you just throwing it at random without giving any context of that builds you recommend him to pick dragon1 or corsair1, like is the ā€œonlyā€ two choices and right choices to do.
so iā€™m gonna indulge you and talk about dragon and of why not always ā€œmore skillsā€ is better in this game , you need to do your research better : If you take a standard dragon1 skill set of dragontooh5 serpertine 4 dragon roar 1 and gae bulg 5; you will have 4030%; with a attribute it can go up; to 6060% at max attribute, that would cost you up to 5x more the value of spear thrown attribute(and iā€™m did not even checked the value i just throw ed a random number here because i KNOW it would be fair greater than 5x) , and not only that it would also have a bigger CD rotation, of 16-30 sec each skill; allowing for lower damage than spear throw even in a close range fight :(. but i must point out that mixing skill from dragon in a rotation is not harder, nor it should make inviable to do so, but the same applies to spear throw so this is just more a flame comparison because it have ā€œvalueā€ as standard comparison of spear throw x dragon1, but in real gameplay this difference does not exist.)
to continue where with spearthowt i would like to point out the bigger aoe range that spearthrow have and itā€™s aoe ratio really makes a difference against dragon skills >> so in a normal mobbing scenery even with lower base damage in close range, spear throw would hit more mobs than dragon skills, allowing it to balance out. .simple put spear throw would hit less in close proximity with mobs, but would hit more this would balance the lower damage, and against bosses you can go farther for max range and use it without problem and any difficult allowing it to also hit ā€œmoreā€ than dragon c1 skills, so once you compare dragon1 skills against hop3(spear throw), and if you only ā€œintendā€ to take dragon 1 as filler and having the option to take hop3 , is better to go with hop3, without doubt at the present game,because not always ā€œmore skillsā€= ā€œbetterā€.
This shows us how bad dragon is, if you want you can search for my previous comment in the subject where i have write msgs as huge as this one, in discussion with other players about it who also have wrote similar answers that shows us that dragon is not in a really good spot right now and iā€™m writing this having a dragon myself, my very first char, that until this date i rant about of how unfair is what imc is doing to him, like iā€™m doing now in this last msg , but iā€™m gonna end this here, is already long enough.

edit:

@Tanzen
i had to edit my msg, when i read your post, just because it seems that iā€™m not the only one seeing where imc is leading the hoplite and dragon as whole , as mid-range fighter in swordsman tree, and this itself is huge if done well enough, something that as right now is not, but like you pointed out with a few over heats and allowing gaebulg to not need to recover the spear plus the animation of some skills should do the trick, so even with lower damage, hoplite and dragon would have a nice mid range damage and viable gameplay.

This ā– ā– ā– ā–  has got to go. Wheres my 1 rank class that multiplies my damage by 6 for 20 seconds?

3 Likes