Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

i like that new possession range. i’m still hoping that they will revert it back to 10 seconds channeling though.

They might steal the built-in focus effect of it again though if they were to do that. I did like 10s duration but it was really long for me - especially since i had paired with Dievdirbys so i was casting the skill 90% of the time. :pray:

1 Like

That’s exactly the thing, it’s not a thing you can focus on anymore. It’s just extra, except there’s classes that have skills that are supposed to work of of crits which now are also more of an extra rather than reliable skills.

Let’s take Epee Garde; Before, you could focus entirely on crit and Epee Garde would give you a ton of extra damage since you’d do a lot of crits. I’m not saying this is the perfect scenario either, since it invalidated STR in a way, and 100% crit rate isn’t healthy for a game either.

Now, after the change, you cast Epee Garde, and there’s a big chance you’ll just never even crit during its duration. You just wasted casting a skill that may or may not boost your damage, since there’s nothing you can do to semi-reliably crit anymore. Sure, I’ll still cast it, and then pray to RNGesus for that magical Balestra Fente crit after preperation, but it’s not a reliable damage boost.

Just as easy 100% is too high for a healthy game, 20% is too low.

Crits need to be a tangible boost, not something you pray happens at random.

2 Likes

my only concern is the hitcounts for 10s channeling. it was 30 hits. :frowning:

If you took Moulinet/Double Slash/Cleave then you have a rather fair chance of seeing your Crit damage amount to something even with a small % of crit investment.

Excluding that there are means to increase your Crit chance further (such as a Chronomancer friend).

Back to enjoying the Sadhu buffs.

I doubt reducing the CD of PoA will do anything for WL. All of his skills are really bad now if you dont have 6k matk like the videos being posted here and there, except Mastema.

Enchanter still got Empower doing nothing but giving extra SP, and it is not even 100% uptime (not sure if the “virtual” extra levels are working, but nothing in the character window changes and most “level difference” mechanics were removed anyway).
Agility bugged/useless since release.

The good points tho, Pyro is worth again going past C1. Pillar got the reduced CD it needed since the first time IMC rebalanced skills cooldown.
Firewall is now a skill that we can use to reliably proc Flare on things that can walk and fly, on a decent CD.

Also, they changed the burn from Fireball’s attribute back to do “white” damage, meaning it will spread through JP and stagger enemies. With the reduced CD it will be something annoying to deal in PvP, but not the current one-shot combo, which is fine.

Is astral explosion any good without kabbalist?

I think it’s fine. I heard kr’s Carnivory is fixed on 25 hits, every level.

Yes. The damage basically doubled.

Life Line + Transmit Prana should be fairly interesting.

The Spirit is pretty useless though atm. Unless/until that 10% armor reduction is worth more than you auto attacking with Blessing + sacrament.

Still not sure why to invest in Vashit

I wish they would just replace this skill, the concept will still be awful no matter what they do to it, in my opinion.

I find it baffling how they can be so blind to how many issues sadhu has.

Has possession damage increased at all? I see the range was boosted recently but last i heard the damage % was low. (been out of the loop for a couple weeks)

No the skill is good now.

E.G I go in 170 dungeon.
I ABE for 10k. Then there are ticks for about 1k/1.1k.

I hit Transmit Prana.
I Abe.
I hit for what 13k?
The ticks are for 2.5k. How I don’t know but w/e.
Zaibas goes from 400-530 to 1.2-1.4k depending on mob.

Transmit Prana now buffs all your damage except for Out of Body. You don’t need an ally to use it, so it’s pretty much a free damage boost and you can use it on an ally as well. They’ll get 50% of your INT and you won’t lose anything. You can attribute it to also give other stats, which will be nice in tandem with Lifeline since you lose nothing.

The low point of Sadhu now is Vashiti and OoB itself. Transmit has moved up to, always use this or you are bad tier instead of "when the hell will I use this? tier. Just throwing away damage as a Sadhu C3 if you’re not using it when you can.

A big problem with perspective distortion is that to maximize its effects you want to use it while your own skill rotation is on cooldown but while you can still maximize the damage increase of your team’s skill rotation, which takes coordination, since there isn’t really a pure support archer build to the point where sitting there channeling distortion isn’t going to reduce your party’s DPS potential. IMO they could just make it a non-channeled skill and it wouldn’t break the game or anything.

I’d love to see a more supportish archer build become possible with some kind of scout/appraiser/??? combo. It would require something to change in the lower ranks, though. Even Swordsman can potentially go full utility from C2 onwards.

I didn’t realize it could target yourself, it being a self buff defiantly makes it more practical.

Is there rotation you can do for ABE to Possession now? Explode AoE then catch everything in the huge radius of Possession? Opens up interesting AoE options for Druid flavoring.

Did they change heal again? I didn’t see it in the patch notes, but now it is (int x2)+(spr x2) ~ (int x3)+(sprx3), instead of its flat health (5% included)
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/40001

Given how knockbacks work…eh.
Possession has a large hitbox right now. It’s not really hard to grab things in it, and it doesn’t interrupt on hit anymore
You can ABE/Vashit some enemies and as they then aggro on to your body and run up to you hit possession.

Meanwhile in ktest fedimian city~

p/s: Jelly is character name, not team name.

8 Likes

Making a correction.
Seems max is 20% instead of 22%
It reduces damage to slash, stab, bow, gun attacks.

So magic and strike damage will not be reduced?

Everything is up on the ktest planner.
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner

No templars change? Sadface.

Is Exorcise no longer hit capped based on skill level?