Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

I honestly hate invulnerability mechanics in any game. I remember how good guild wars PVP was before invulnerability became a major game mechanic and it just killed it for me forever. From what I can tell it’s even more prevalent in GW2 but I’ve never bothered playing it. It’s such a zero sum mechanic that when you introduce it the only solution is to introduce zero sum counters to it and go back and forth forever in an intricate game of rock paper scissors. It’s sortof the same with major crowd control abilities, like Cryomancer in ToS for example, who can basically just 100% lock down enemies permanently unless you have a counter to it (like Plague Doctor) and then you need a counter to that counter or the CC class will be useless, etc.

9 Likes

If you go AFK for 1 minute Sorcerer Summons stop attacking.
Zombies rapidly lose health as well and if you go afk for 1 minute they will die without someone to heal them.
Outside of Necromancer and low level pets (crystal mines) you can’t afk for anywhere more than a minute.

1 Like

I still don’t really like the idea of a mobile invulnerability like Ausrine as well, but given the changes to Diev’s Owls I can understand keeping Ausrine the way it is as the C3 skill for PvE, especially now that Meltis has become much more difficult to use to extend its duration effectively.

At PvP though, all of these nullification mechanics (notably Ausrine and Missile Hole) need some review.

Talking about the new formula, I’m quite surprised to see the actual version being published. It’s quite refined, taking into consideration all possible extreme situations by the use of log, min argument and exponentiantion.

Also, good job everyone who actually almost got the exact estimates for “0.x” (which’s 0.8 btw) even with incomplete data and formulas!!!

1 Like

1:41 status reset

I was a huge GW fan Q_Q.
GW2 does have invulnerability, part of its pseudo-action combat given that it was still very much a tab target focused game. You’re about to make me reinstall :blush: GW2 PvP was pretty fun it just lacked the oomph of GvG, Halls or even Fort Aspenwood.
Capture points was not the most exciting thing, probably why a large amount of that community went for their more open pvp area.

1 Like

This look good.

@janejanaunlimited
@tutty_friendofcrazyh
TY

No no, sorc is very nice now, maybe slight adjustments but they’re doing great with it.

u mean full spr or int or hybrid sorc?

Looks almost too good really. Very nice sustained damage without being cyclone-centered. No more spin-to-spin Doppel, gotta play it with a proper rotation of skills.

Any news on the def gained on riding? Are they keeping it or not?

full spr, based on other videos it can double summon damage and then you can still raise the damage by a good weapon with the 50 % matk bonus.
SPR equipment can raise your summon damage even further, and this is all even without riding so it seems pretty good to me :slight_smile:

It’s not actually all that potent when you consider the defense of higher level mobs.

That may be true but that’s why I said ‘slight adjustments’ I like how the damage for summoning is calculated now so I’d rather them just buff the current ratios if they’re not sufficient enough.

Those hanamings have near-zero defense and the numbers against them are still weak, so that sorc will be hitting like a wet noodle against high level high defense enemies. The other sorc video, with high MATK, showed riding doesn’t do very much and the MATK scaling is too low.

The damage without SPR is pathetic and doesn’t cut it against weak squirrels even when the sorc had high MATK. You’re basically not allowed to play sorc without full SPR now, which means no stat synergy with non-summoning classes, you’re a glass cannon who can’t take hits while riding and can’t use classes with close-range skills, and can’t survive in PVP. If you dedicate all your gear to SPR instead of getting the stats other classes get from gear, you’re gimping yourself even further. But even with SPR, it seems like a whole party of sorcerers wouldn’t beat one doppel.

A bunch of other classes have been wrecked by the changes they made in recent ktest patches, and it seems like the first draft would’ve given more build variety. The main goal of this rebalancing should be to make as many classes as possible strong and exciting so people won’t feel like “the build I wanted to play still sucks, so there’s no hope for this game.” That doesn’t seem to be the case on ktest and this isn’t ready to be pushed to live servers.

1 Like

We dont know bosses skill factors. There is a guy riding a shadowgaler hitting 20k per tick using its skills on level 290+ mobs.

I never said that it isn’t. But the damage calculation is different so it might not be that bad on higher level monsters.

From what I remember from the initial balance patch MATK bonus with riding wasn’t that great. But with SPR riding damage was pretty good, and obviously with good gear it would be even better.
Information provided by that video is not sufficient in my opinion.

I quite disagree with some things here. For instance I don’t think full SPR gimps the synergy with other classes. INT still isn’t that important so with good gear you’ll still be able to deal decent damage with other skills.
When it comes to taking damage and being class cannon sorcerers still get a nice defense boost from riding. Not to mention HP is higher after the change so lack in con is not that bad.
I don’t see why anyone would dedicate all their gear stats for SPR. In some cases it’s smart to go for the SPR in-exchange for some damage but in many cases it might not be.
In pure damage it won’t beat doppel and I don’t think it should. It has different things to offer than just damage, like defense boost with riding, cat buffs etc.

I do agree with sorc being quite bad without SPR but I don’t mind that. In my opinion it will be easier to balance them this way. It could be unfair if summons were strong and you’d still be able to have as strong skills from other classes.

I do agree with this completely. But then again from live servers they will be able to get data they won’t get from the test server but it’s still too early.

Did people find out how good other summons are?
Maybe Templeshooter is actually now one of the weaker ones and others got vastly improved. You shouldn’t judge Sorcs performance just because you almost always only see Templeshooters only because they were the prefered summon pre-update.

Unfortunately 99% of people who ever think about making a Sorcerer are just going to google “best tree of savior sorcerer summon” and go with the links from way back in beta that says Templeshooter is the only one that does anything and they’ll always be the first results no matter what changes.

Anyone know btw if homunculus or the converted mobs of paladin get anything from SPR? :x