Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

that is pretty weird with the def/magdef thing.

but 2 and 3 is a good thing.

its silly to expect to cling onto cafrisun set to 330.
it was embarrassing watching lv180-200 people getting oneshot in dungeons insisting they were fine, now they have an excuse to keep it to 280 by throwing a lv5 yellow gem in it.
and any class that can equip a mace, can just sit on five hammer till they get their 315 purple.

get over you’re lv15-40 equipments already, its time to move on

I’d also have to agree with @Sayurichan.

If the monster’s atk/matk was too high, they could have easily just lowered it instead, affecting only the pve portion of the game.

But by increasing def/mdef this way, it affects both pve and pvp. Even though the pvp isn’t all that balanced in the first place, this change creates an even further gap between rank 5 and rank 8 players in pvp.

Prepare to see a bunch of 1s in pvp if you didn’t choose a proper rank 8 class with their high base power attack skills. Note that not everyone had a proper rank 8 option to proceed to ie. corsairs.

if you ever develop a game you’d understand that the drastic increase power of monster, along with uber high damage of skill, and now buff for defensive stat is just fine as it is.

it is called development. i won’t wonder within a week or two Ktos will be having 300 white and blue recipe weapons as well, they could also add/implement the per * increased def when using armor maintenance from squire.

i also don’t get the point of this. [quote=“c2gaming.seetoo, post:4069, topic:321901”]
It makes the game EVEN MORE PUNISHING to invest in gear. Tradable blessing shards made it easier to focus on a set of gear. But this update makes higher tiered gear even more valuable because of the base stats you get to multiply with.
[/quote]

do you seriously mean this? ofcourse higher tier gears will always be superior to low tier gears. even without this buff the case is always that way.

i think IMC is getting the feeling that they can’t escape the Ragnarok mechanic. sooner or later they’ll add % damage scaling and remove this ugly flat numbers.

will I be able to solo maps with an archer now? I think they wanted to promote party in doing quest with the new maps but guess what? clerics have easier time soloing it so its prertty hard to find a cleric to do stuffs with you in post 280, so I just grind to 317 thn

Awfully agree with this. In pvp point of view, we are pushed to be more gear dependant.

Multi-hit skills are getting multi-reduced. And skills from low rank classes will suffer if they don’t have stage 10 weaps :frowning:

all these new update

I am a game developer and i can tell you that what they do is not a good idea, for the following reason :

Right now there already is a rather big gap between “decent gear” and “highly +ed highly transcended gear”.

If you add an extra +80% def modifier to the game, then the gap between “decent gear” and “omg +20 upgrade highly-trancended gear” becomes greater than before, because the +80% def modifier will increase highly upgraded/transced gear relatively much more than “decent gear”. Thus, monsters will need to become even more powerful to pose a challenge to those with this highly upgraded gear, leaving those without those stupidly highly upgraded gear but only “decent gear” behind to eat 10k+ hits.

Not to mention by implementing this the level restrictions for pve and playing together become even stricter than before… “you are only level 200, decently geared to normally reduce damage to survive and want to grind with your level 300+ highlevel friends, just for fun? well, f*ck you for not having a high enough rank-def modifier. Die in 1 hit!”

Rank 9s will have an additional +10% def… That can be a huge difference depending on the monsters skills and modifiers. And rank 10 will have another +10%, so the gear gap becomes even larger with rank 9 and 10, that’s certainly not a good idea, because that’ll result in either the monsters being way too easy for the highly geared players or stupidly impossible for the average geared players, and that would drive many players away…

I have moved on. I had to and now my toon is now a generic tank n spank melee archer because there is no reason to move anymore (with only taking 1 damage from everything I want/need to kill).

I still remember going to 300 with the cafrisun pre gem update still outweighed the def any pcs of gear gave me.

The difference with the gem update with this is that the gem update kept lower tier gear relevant. Say what you will about lower tier gear, but that gear still took development time from something else. And having worked in that industry, I learned that doing something (anything) to completely invalidate something else that took resources is taboo. The only really bad thing that they didn’t account for is having very few pcs of gear with way more gem slots (collecture, 5hammer).

Yeah, I did. I say this because you have interesting “rule changing” gear in lower tiers.

• grand cross
  • krausas mace
  • cafrisun set
  • karacha set
  • collecture/5hammer
    To name a few (maybe the only ones really).

At least the grand cross and cafrisun have higher tier versions, but what of the others? Normal atks are hugely underpowered compared to skill cycling (more so with the jump in skill damage at r8) and yet we got higher tier gear that still support it.

As for the claim “higher tier gears will always be superior to low tier gears”. Cafrisun beats everything up to roxona. Shade “set” beats everything above it for evasion (which happens to get the short end of the stick from this update unless we get 10% more evasion per rank too). Krausas beats everything above it until you get a +10 SCR (or was it +15 I forget). Karacha just beats everything for [back stab].

This update promote the status quo which is the EZ mode we experience from 1-200. The same thing could be done without invalidating everything that was already developed (like what @Sayurichan suggested).

Another thing that has me angry at this is the fact that trans gear can’t be transfered via storage. Fine, I have to replace my pimped out gear. Fine!! I want to still be able to get use of the gear I just replace, specifically on an alt. But no.

1 Like

I agree what they do is not good Idea. but not from rank %def. It’s about lvl200+ content & gem & helm & transcendence system.

From my point of view I think they design mob stats grown rate for force player to use transcendence system.

If they reduce grown rate of mob’s stats = can reduce insane base dmg of R8 skill+ = can reduce transcendence bonus rate(also requirement) = can reduce insane stats of gem/helm = more balance.

Time to transcend your weapon then, getting to stage 3-5 takes a lot of time but the difference is huge, and doesnt take pay 2 win just daily saalus runs.

1 Like

I’m a little salty about knowing this. I build my character on the basis of pdef (head cos) and Mdef (Nuale x8) including my weapon (pierene sword). This is because I thought mdef was hard to come by and I dont have the shards to upgrade my Accessory. Knowing that there are pdef and mdef bonus coming out, I should have went with a more offensive weapon to transcend it which would preferably be is a 315 Spear.

*sigh

Everyone waiting on patches.
Some random stuff I found.

8 Likes

That drawing actually made female fencer costume look pretty great.

How many month/week until this patch hit iToS?

I’m really looking forward to Enhance attribute formula fix and this 10% def per rank patch.

it’s make the life of all of us alot easier…especially archer…

Fencer Master is <3

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/e/f/eff71acd279a6ccfb53488fb12e0a9b121232d9e_1_400x500.png

3 Likes

next week, on the meet the GM event they said end of december soooooo maybe next week when the x4 event ends too

1 Like

Oh… I missed that loli fencer master with her pantsu :sparkles:

source?

Now we will have some defense to face the d2 with 10k damage base skill (dethrone)

I just said because you guy said def/mdef scale with rank. con=def, spr=mdef. it not full scale like str/int. but still have something scale with rank.

that why I thought it will be better if crit rate scale with rank too. more crit rate = less dex = more str. seem more balance than current state.

Con doesn’t give defense.
5 spr gives 1 mdef…