Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

Even IF it’d work like that, STR would still be garbage most of the times.

Just because of the pathetic amount of dmg it brings up when your weapon is already dealing 6k dmg and your skills are doing around 5 to 10k.

What’s the point of 700? 800? dmg from STR when you already have more than 12k base dmg ? XD

EDIT : And that’s with a full STR build

I see con not give defense.

well I agree str not add much. because of that dam transcendence and R8 skills base atk.

as long transcendence scale too high like that. as long R8 skill base atk too high.

no way ppl will look str at good side.

Not against the new defense update. It took them a long time to implement this tbh. Gears like lolo feels like a decoration for a long time because of how insane the new ranked mobs especially the mage ones. I just hope there is a scaling in pvp but nah. I dont care about tbl and gvg since it is a joke anyway.

even though str isn’t that much when you compare it to a stage 10 weapon, saying 700-800 damage is underplaying it, its 700-800 attack power and 700-800 crit damage. Don’t act like the majority of the population has stage 10 weapons just because of cherry picked videos that pop up here

most people will reach stage 3 easily, take quite a while for stage 4, and after stage 5 (150%) a lot tend to slow down on aggressively buying shards.
And many will say stage 5 gives a decent amount of difference.
Well, guess how much 700-800 atk power and 700-800 crit atk gives? The same gain after you transcend a +10 315 purple to stage 5 (the str actually gives a bit more since it gives crit damage as well instead of just atk power like transcend)

Still given the crit rate you have to give up, dex is still the better option, but its not as small as people try to make it so they find more confident in their choice

a 1.5 x crit mod and the 700-800 crit attack gives you 0 cause you don’t crit.

Effectly changing it to a 700-800 atk power only that is affected by attributes 100 which is 700-800 * 2 at most (1400-1600)

Given that you point out people already slow down transcending at stage 5,

Most players don’t even max out their attributes and stay at 70.
This actually make str build extremely weak esp with HIGH BASE numbers that crit later.

Let’s just face it STR is extremely in a bad state right now. That extra damage cover doesn’t render as much as Crit. Unless you are Wugu. Even if you are Wugu.

Your later circles CRIT deal as much to cover up. A crit missing in most ideal cases 10-20k damage lost verus the 2-3k damage gain here.

This is the reason even why most Wugu went dex for later ( and bank on transcend weapon. Depending on poison that scale to PA.)

I think they did this so that players can’t easily over reach their level content and so that high level players have a very distinct advantage in bossing and TBL.

i don’t think you really understand the problem
the fact that you need to spend literally millions of silver just to have enough defense to do the minimal thing of QUESTING is a problem
just buying a grynas set will cost about 10-15m for the entire set +0 (at least in my server), not to mention the cost of virtov and hasta
then you need to enhance it and put gems in it if you want to manage to survive physical defense, then you need to buy rhevisans/dhrags/high lvl bracelets that will probably cost around 10-15m as well, then you need to enhance and transcend it
and if you truly want to survive magic mobs you’ll have to buy nuaele cards, costs 5-10m each.
So you see this is really frustrating especially for poor people who can’t manage to get all this silver. forces people to spend time figuring out how the hell they gets enough defense just so they can QUEST at r8
im not talking high lvl dungeons or world bossing, literally just questing.
So yea this is very problematic.
Just too annoying that you cannot quest without either having ridiculously enhanced armor or a healer right next to you 24/7.
Dont wanna be looking for a healer every time i want to just quest at a map at my lvl.
All my chars have more than 20k hp, and some of these mobs literally kill me in 1 hit, literally 1 single hit.

6 Likes

You really don’t need a Stage 10 to make STR useless, and honestly INT is pretty much the same deal.

Plus yeah of course i’m not saying everyone should have full stage 10 transcend, but that doesn’t mean STR/INT are in a good spot right now, especially since they’re working on Rank 9 apparently.

That would make it even worse given the path they took

1 Like

tldr: Gear PA/MA/Pdef/Mdef/Trans/Gem/Enchant killed game’s stat system.

such IMC much balance.
Even adding rank based scaling to increase stat/sub-stat can’t cope with absurdity of what gears can offer.

You forgot the unbalancedness of lvl 220+ gear stats. Basically, the best gear is plate if I look at Solmiki gear set, because it offers more def and mdef than cloth set. gg IMC.

The only way to rescue the games armor system is by shifting the focus again:
Change the main stats of Cloth and Leather armor.
Cloth armor should have fixed pdef and upgradable mdef,
while leather armor should have fixed pdef and upgradable dodge rate.
Otherwise everything non-plate is becoming more or less useless (except for having less weight xD)…

but cloth also give you mdef effect. 10% mdef. 10% reduce magic dmg. It’s not total useless but… IMO give us 20% reduce magic dmg pls. lol… also change plate reduce phy dmg to 20% also give perfect avoid(same rogue skill)20% to leather. will be nice.

IMC alway Increase number of skill, equipment & mob. that why it pretty hard to re-balance it’s just become more and more and never end.

something about nerf. All they did. just increase/add cd. remove combo. Add more bug. something like that…

May I have the original image, please? Can’t stop looking at that fencer…so elegant :heart_eyes:

IKR~, at r8 content, magic mob will fling at you their projectile which you can’t dodge nor evade that deals 3-5k/hit on average, if you’re on the same level.

A 10% magic damage reduction is only worth it, if players actually stack mdef gears and Nuale cards like nuts, this is not counting specific classes that have some sort of antimagic attributes/skills for countermeasures.

Now jTOS got free dungeon most likely few patch behind kTOS.

bastard child at least get attention. Lost/forgotten child doesn’t even get attention.

we are currently on the state of lost/forgotten child now.

6 Likes

:thinking: i only seen repeated old pot holes which was “Featured” resurface

Technically reminds me of a old lonely ghost tripping over the same old things again

1 Like

The only thing that will change is the defense.If you have bad damage then nothing would change and it will still be difficult especially if you play support.

almost 50k players have perished so whats new? rank 8 is a failed attempt to get players due to the cancerous content and they did manage to put bandage to a deep wound but its too late. Not sure how many old players will come back after this new defense patch gets implemented to iTOS.

I agree with @DieHardLancer. The money you will spend for improving your defense is too cancerous yet you can get one shot with ease. The cost for attributes is also cancer. This is a never ending silver sink game. :joy:

5 Likes

Flashy awesome AF!~

But that’s just it, still sub-par against the current r8 overlords.
PistolShot:Ricochet was nice dealing 40-50 something hits on 5 targets per overheat, but DWA consuming stamina without any damage boost is still a letdown.

jTOS :
We have Agni and Miko, bastard, come and see.
We have free dungeon, bastard, come and see.
We also have rank reset too, bastard, come and see.
We are way ahead of you now, bastard, come and see.

9 Likes