Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

People cheering about the new exploration mechanic while I’m sitting here still cursing IMC for that change.

2 cards instead of 3. That’s the price we pay for convenience.

First it increases the Alemeth and Storage grind walls as you’d do all quests/map explorations at those levels anyway.

Second, without the massive ammount of lvl 13 and 14 cards you get at lvl 275/300 it might create grinding walls where otherwise you could just do exploration > questing to get to 317. You could even reach 325 without doing a single 290 run or grinding past 275 by doing all quests and explorations. With 10 lvl 14 cards gone this can probably get screwed up.

Okay that just makes no sense man. First of all, you can go get 3 cards now, and then redo exploration and get 2 more, so you’re getting more XP cards overall. Secondly, you also get 3+ depending on the map for monster kill goals. Since the point of XP cards is fast XP, the ability to just make a new alt and get all of these XP cards from exploration and monster kills etc. means you get your XP as fast as possible. It might be slightly less XP but you don’t have to work for it at all, it’s just instantaneous. If you just spend the amount of time you’d normally spend killing those mobs + exploring maps instead doing a mission or a dungeon or even just grinding, you make up the difference and then some.

I also didn’t need nearly all of my lvl 13/14 XP cards to get to 317. I barely did any level 280+ quests and still have quite a few kill counts I never claimed for level 14 cards (and many for level 12-13).

Didn’t specify: I was talking about characters made post-patch.

I agree. For most characters this is a massive time save and the extra card per map wouldn’t make much of a difference. But for some niche builds it starts to get frustrating if you aren’t doing many days of 290.

Out of my 7 317+ I guess only 1 or 2 didn’t rush 275 to 317 in a single day. Even the “I deal no DPS and my purpose is exclusively ET or farming” characters. Because of the extra little bits of EXP I could do strategies like skipping the last 2 quests on Zima Suecort, skipping all the high level bosses, skipping other hard quests. All the while having a big EXP deficit by only grinding 3-4 levels on Alemeth/Evac and Storage.

With the new patch those missing EXP cards will make a difference for those characters. Many times I’ve been in situations in wich I had just one or two lvl 12 cards slurpus to hit lvl 300. Or I was just running out of doable quests as I reached 317.

Of course I could get help from my guildies to do Centaurs, evonyphon, butterfly, the double bosses on tehvrin etc. But to rush it in one day solo I had to milk EXP cards from everywhere I could.

Is this change healthier for the game? Definitely. Are you absolutely right to say that I’m crying for nothing? Surely. But I can’t help but curse IMC for taking away a “cheese” that I did in almost all my characters.

What is even going with that +150% number from transmit prana? Please don’t tell me it’s solely affecting additional soul property dmg…

I mean, look at the soul property attack transmit prana gives from min matk at tos neet: (min matk x ( 0.5 + (skill level x 0.03)))

2997 atk x 0.65 = 1948 soul property attack. That’s not quite all, but at least most of it.

[Possibly unrelated, but combat blogpost nr3 did suggest additional dmg is now affected by skill factors? That could explain it, but I somewhat doubt it.]

And for reference another vid, so you can compare possession (1:08, 3:42) dmg vs black stream (2:50, 3:21) with and without tp.

Off topic, but just curious, what’s your strategy for 275-317 rush? I’m about to do it and was curious if there was a faster way than the way I was going to do it.

Calculated it earlier. First it’s +50% not +150% (so X1.5)
And yeah it only affect the souls damages, but on every skills. So it makes transmit prana real factor not 0.65 but 0.65 X 1.5 = 0.975 * min matk.
It also seems since today, the soul property damage only affect skills, and no more auto atk, so RIP Chaplain + Sadhu 3 it seems for self auto atk buff. But maybe Chaplain + Sadhu 3 is the best “damage buffer” of Cleric Tree. ^^

Exemple from test :
3059 (no prana)
5114 (with prana)
Prana Lv5 = 1370 right now

5114 - 3059 = 2055
1370 * 1.5 = 2055

1 Like

Explore all maps but Zima Suecort+Martuis and Tevhrin as soon as you hit 275. Use all lvl 13 cards to hit 279-280. Do Khonot+Kamadon if you haven’t already, do the Inner wall questline if you haven’t already.

Do Nheto, Svalphingas, Lhadar and Tymerys and you should be 290+ (293ish). Do 3 full runs of 290 dungeon (exp varies depending on team level and current events). Resume questing through City wall, Jeromel Park and jonael comemorative orb and you’ll hit 300 in the middle of those.

As soon as you hit 300 pop all lvl 14 cards and hit 308-309. Explore Zima Suecort and Martuis while doing Zima quests. Should take you to 312-313. Do Arcus Forest, Phamer, Ghibulina, Mollogheo and Alembique Cave. You should be 317 halfway through those.

This is all possible with decent gear. I take 1 dmg from every enemy in those maps with my transferable set. Without very good defensive gear it gets much trickier.

(a lot of spelling mistakes due to me typing map names from the top of my head instead of looking them up)

Thanks, I have grynas and +5 rhevsians so hopefully that’s good enough

with and without attribute

Didn’t see it last patch, but barrier is now smaller and gained an attribute to increase the size:

• The area of ​​the barrier is reduced by 60% .
    [ Barrier : Increases the range ] Add this property is .
    • Up to 1 level
    • the area of the barrier 2 is doubled .
      -SP the consumption 10% increase .

Seems like a nerf to barrier scrolls.

9 Likes

That’s a nice change.
Being able to replace nd use a class strongest and most important skill via scroll without any disadvanages was stupid to begin with.
Also it made many challenges way too cheap and easy instead of requiring good gameplay.

7 Likes

If it still only requires lv1 scroll then all it nerfs is the number of scrolls you have to use to achieve the same coverage.

It’s a good attempt though.

1 Like

This actually makes Solmiki 27F harder xD

You used to cover an area completely with 4 barriers. With that new barrier size you can’t do that anymore, but i hope the comments on korean players about solmiki being easier stay true for now so geared parties.

I think you can make pala3 pardorner with the reset week, build how many useful scrolls you that will carry you for a long time and then just reset to a build of your choice.

Do you guys know if aspergillum works with lyncan auto attacks? I’m planning on doing a chaplain druid 3 full spr after the overhaul. Maybe my diev 3/druid 3 is better for futureproof? I kinda wants to have only 1 diev alt (has I’m planning to reset my bokor doctor to a diev miko doctor)

Then Sadhu 3 + Monk shall rise. :triumph::ok_hand:

1 Like

This stage can easily be defended without barriers and even easier with a just a small one around the altar as most mobs are melee and the ranges ones focus players first.

Big barrier clusters have always been easy cheese same as aus + melstis and finally this broken stuff is gone. Nice change. But Paladin probably is still dead as long as the Aura doesn’t have 100% uptime.

1 Like

That’s brilliant. I think they should buff Pardoner as well, though. Skill scrolls are a good idea as long as they continue to balance them out with attributes like this.

Do you think TP snapshots chap card?

i guess they missed nrfing that. they reduced most doubling damage functions like damage attribute. Examples are lethargy and buttstroke, i guess that’s why it looks op right now.

Thats 22F xD. I mean 27F with the voodoo dolls and the mobs with Raise.

wolfy give me archer sailor costume from ktos