Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

There is some very suspicious wording on it that it “ignores your crit rate”. Let’s say the crit rate it gives is “x”. If your crit rate is below x then good. If your crit rate is above x then it is very bad. Suspicious skill description is suspicious.

Valid option for pvp combat?

It’s not suspicious. It says it increases minimum crit chance regardless of your crit rate. That’s consistent with Sneak Hit. Essentially Sneak Hit (and this new skill from its description) works like this,

You invest modestly into DEX. Normally your crit rate gives you a 40% crit chance. With 60% Sneak Hit, you have 100% crit chance.

You invest nothing into DEX and have no critrate gear. Normally your crit rate is so low it gives you -20% crit chance. You effectively have 0% crit chance since crit chance can’t be negative. 60% Sneak Hit increases your crit chance to 40%.

This skill should work similarly, making it really strong for anyone with less than 100% crit chance (which is basically everyone in general), even if they have low crit rate, since +20% crit rate is not nearly as good as +20% crit chance.

event paper from kTOS only right?

Yeah for got about them(don’t see them much often), in fact they’re better at offhand with 2 skills compared to rogue’s 1.

Like Finestra then? it adds flat crit.
Or like other crit mod skill that increases crit based on current crit/Dex stat?
Or does it translate to: Perfect Crit(like ro’s Pdodge), flat +[X]crit% chance, outside the crit calculations.

That’s good news and pretty much unspoken confirmation of DPK’s existence and implementation pre-changes.

– September 2016

From this old @ss thread: [DropPerKill] Drop rate system- DPK- Explained [Updated]2

#Slit the throats of all the non-believers.

1 Like

I say suspicious since [sneak hit] never had that wording. Why have it here?

1 Like

This is totally not how it works.
When Sneak Hit says 70% you actually get 70% crit chance regardless of dex. I tested this with Linker 3 Lifeline support. Boosted a STR Build Rogue 2 to 90%+ critchance through dex and even with Sneak Hit there were still non-crits and those weren’t even rare.

i beg to differ, my rogue1 with only 300 crit rate can crit 100% all the time during sneak hit lv 5 duration

Critical chance: +70%
and not Critical chance: 70%

Then tell me why there weren’t 100% crits with 650 critrate and Sneak Hit level 10. And also Skill Descriptions in the game are mostly useless.

Critical resistance? :thinking:

Hello guys, regarding critical chance skill description, I have tried testing with Coursing and Critical Shot.

The result is that critical chance bonus is actually a modifier to your critical rate.

Not pure critical chance.

Not your end critical chance * x%

So, if you have 300 crit rate and your “crit chance” modifier is 70%, you’ll have 300x1.7 = 510 crit rate with that particular attack…and that’s all. For end crit chance then you only need to use the existing formula: 100 x your level / 42 for 100%

100% crits with 800 critrate and something between 80-95% with 650 critrate and Sneak Hit level 10 (hard to be sure with test sizes <1000 and I actually don’t care for the exakt percentage just the mechanics).
All that is sure is that it’s not added onto the actual critchance through critrate.
My guess is that it is an additional trigger like…

1. Check if Sneak Hit Procs
  2. Check if Critrate Procs

That would mean with 40% crit chance through critrate and 70% through Sneak hit you get a chance of
1 - 0.6 x 0.3 = 82% crit chance.
Or with Sneak Hit level 10 and 70% through critrate it would be 94% but it actually felt a bit lower on a test size of about 100 but this could still be it.
No idea how it is on kTOS and how the Appraiser one works.

@jochris
Sneak Hit works completely different compared to Critical Shot. But this fits as the decription of Critical Shot and Coursing is the same but different to Sneak Hit. Need to compare this to Appraiser one as soon as it lands on tos neet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uwyPq7f3p8A Flat rate critical sneak hit with ww on str built

Hello people of ktos. Can you confirm Feather helmet[The one with wings on each side] moved from hair slot 1 to hair slot 2 or 3

1 Like

all helmet type are in slot 1
it wont work well if its slot 2 or 3

That does not answer my question that’s more of an opinion, I saw ktos patch post of the helmet switching to a different slot. Just need confirmation

Both are still (1) , one of the feather helmets had a slight name change though.

Hi guys,
(please pardon a double post)

this week has been a very small maintenance, you can read the notes Here although it’s pretty much just bug fixes.

• The test server hasn’t had any changes since todays maintenance ended, will they be doing anything later today possibly? Not a clue.

There was some changes to the main-site job index though, you can now view the hidden classes job pages ! [Hidden Classes] *Appraiser has not shown up for now. Whilst it doesn’t really add much to the game i do really like looking at the little gifs of the characters. Idle pose-pack when ? :thinking:

13 Likes

soo… those weird 260/300 medals and quests… what do they give? considering they are teasing em