Tree of Savior Forum

[DropPerKill] Drop rate system- DPK- Explained [Updated]2

anyone here hunted for not as commonly hunted gems know the dpk for gem drops?

trying to farm for FC gem but if the dpk is 15k it will take like 45-50 hours to reach that kill count… thats like 8 hours per day of farming when maint ended.

DPK is around 10k give it or take it.

i do hope its 10k. not as bad of a grind if its at 10k. someone on my server have a FC gem and his kill count is at 30k… im still thinking if it is actually worth to hunt for a gem.

edit: that being said i do think monster gems are at like 15-6k dpk each. I killed around 250k earth wood goblins and found 17 gems. at one point i found 3 gems in 10 minutes on 2 seperate channels. so if i were to count it as 15 gems the dpk is around 16k per gem.

There would be true if all the gems dropped went to you. Since its based on shared kills you know that max dpk for that gem may be around that, but the minimum dpk could be much lower.

yea i had all the gems and all the kills are done by me. i usually get a gem drop every 3-4 hours and when i calculated kill per hour done its around 16-18k kills per 3-4 hours. pretty consistent but that being said i rotate around channels to get this kill count.

Confirmed not a thing anymore thx.

Cool story bro.

Cool story bro…

proof?

20characasdta

Someone shouted on being lucky getting 2 battle braclets within 30 minutes.

Same channel, not shining mobs, and he’s not corsair, doppel, or oracle.

I also shouted that I am the queen of england. It is true, believe me.

4 Likes

You don’t have to believe me or him lol. I’m just sharing data. Feel free to ignore the ones that you don’t want to believe.

I PM’ed him after his shout to get the extra info (same channel, etc). He doesn’t even know what DPK is.

well when you can actually prove it then ill believe it ^.^

You are free to believe whatever you want, dont expect me to spoonfeed you.

Thanks.

3 Likes

I think dpk dont work inside dungeons?:thinking:coz I got 2 anti dark property necklace recipe in 1 mob…or 7 kills got 2…:thinking:…sometimes full run no drop…sometimes I get 5 pcs in 1 full run

1 Like

Cant test that one, dungeon instances are created for one hour and its random. Lets hope its RNG.

1 Like

Not sure how other country goes but i can guarantee its legit on indo tos. Oh, and before you all start whining, read on tosbase whether the drop you’re searching for is RNG or DPK.

Btw, can anyone explains how dpk relate to jackpot (shiny) monsters? i’ve killed 2 shiny lizardmen but still got 1 bloodstone on 250-ish kills. is it completely unrelated or is there some hidden mechanics?

Thats a great question, i can tell you is that it does not count towards DPK*.

I.e. you can kill a white,gold mob and on the next normal mob drop the dpk item.

• There is 2 theories here:
    1- The white/gold is a pre-set mob with itens already associated on spawn
    2- Killing a white/gold mob is equal to killing X amount of normal mobs.

This theory apply to the blue mob, its either a pre-set mob with high base experience OR it counts as killing 500 mobs, A way to test this is by checking the jornal log before and after a special monster. I never did this tho.

I cant be sure but maybe glowing mobs doesnt give extra counts for dpk. When I was hunting blue fragaras gem, i killed quite alot of those glowing mobs, especially the white ones. The glowing mob seems to bypass the dpk. They drop things listed on tosbase for example

White glowing mobs will drop alot of white name items, never (or rarely?) drop blue stuff. Gold glowing mob will drop white items and blue items. For the blue fragaras’s case, there isnt any blue items listed so it dropped only white name stuff. The amount of drops from gold mob seems like double of white mob?

I have my character ‘afk’ at Tenet church 1F everyday and killed quite alot of these white ones. They drop the white name equipment and gems(white name as well), but not blue stuff. The gold ones seems to drop those Tenet equipment recipe (blue item name) everytime. Not sure about the amount but the white Pawndel usually drop like 2 red gems while the gold one will drop more. I noticed the glowing mobs never drop the Pawndel shaft(1900~2100dpk) or Thresh 2-H sword(7125~7875dpk). I got quite a few of these items but they dropped from the normal ones.

There seems to be another thread talking about shiny mobs here matches what I said.

In short, the glowing monsters will drop things listed on tosbase. Things with exact dpk listed will (always?) drop, things with ?%dpk or very very low % drop chance will never drop. They seems dont drop things require over 1k dpk as well. If the glowing mobs can giving extra dpk, monster gems should be dropping like rain in tenet church 1F (lol). I’d say they give +1 dpk.

I’m a bad person so I will wait for the time when the DPK for the wanted item is almost complete. No hard feelings because this is intended the game wanted.