Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

no you dont have to.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeah Iā€™m still unsure about that.
But if you look at lv 280 full CON swordie that has around 70-90k HP, 99k damage as max damage actually makes sense. However, in terms of ā€œbalanceā€, thatā€™s not normal if we can already achieve that damage from rank 7 considering we still have level 400-500+ contents left. Things might change in the future, weā€™ll never know.

You sure about this? Falconā€™s movement is always the same no matter you feed it or not. I just double-checked that by feeding my falcon, whose stamina had been 0, and its movement speed did not change at all.

just checked right now, and it was wrong info. sorry.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s totally underwhelming.
They need to change that asapā€¦ or get the nerf hammer out.

Either way, capping on damage must be one of the most horrible things you can experience.

Much later in the game:
ā€œWhy would I use snipe, itā€™s only 1 shot thatā€™ll deal 100k dmg, I should rather use Multishot, which will hit 15 times for 30k each.ā€

edit: Heā€™s theoretically already way over 100k too - sheesh. They really overdid it with Archer in the recent patches.

2 Likes

as you can see here, it seems that the actual damage goes over to 99k.
woodspirit, snipe, damage 106074

There is a possibility that the actual damage is more than 99k, but the current system only displays 99k as max damage.

So, if we deal 200k single burst damage to a mob, it will appear as 99k damage on our screen, but the mob actually suffers more than 99k.

I still think that these numbers shouldnā€™t be reached yet, but this is something I can live with.

Now if theyā€™d only make defensive stats stronger too to compensate for this amount of damageā€¦ We are looking at one hit potentials on someone who goes full tank here.

The way monsters scale makes you worry too, as they canā€™t up the damage by a whole lot since ā€œtanksā€ arnā€™t actually tanky enough (unless you like to guard all day), which means theyā€™ll have to artificially make them stronger by adding even more HP (and HP only), which leaves lower damage classes in the dust, or rather an awful character to play with.

3 Likes

I have a have a question about QS running shot. Does it increase Fletchers Barbed Arrow fire rate speed? I dont know if Fletcher 0 cd arrows speed limited only with attack speed
Does running shot adds additional damage to your attack(stat) or it is working like skill that adds +200% to your basic attacks. I wonder if you can combine Running Shot with Steady Aim for more damage boost

Thanks for the tips, mate. Really appreciate it.

I wonder tho; aside of fighting bosses, what is the value of a single dps character in a party play without a linker? Well, since mobs always come in group in TOS.

I think youā€™re supposed to mix some AoE classes in your build at some point. Even if you go all the way with single target classes the odds are you wonā€™t use most of your skills except the ones that can bring the highest damage.

99k (to ~300k) damage is easy if you have Archer C1 and Ranger C3 in your build. I too thought that 99k was a cap but there are Top #1 hits of 600k+ in the game ;-;

And, hey, iOBT client really runs on wine. :3 (Hope it still works after all those patches and so but well, itā€™s something :D)

4 Likes

Value is, that you kill single targets fast.

Early that doesnt matter, but later on. People tend to be aoeing and doting all over. But mobs hit hardā€¦ so killing the really worrisomes fast, is better then just slowly writtlign them down.

And as said, linker +single target dpsā€¦ what a world~ (specially since hangmans knot reduces aoe defense, which makes multishot even before falconers circling good).

ā€“

You will never kill early mobs as efficient and fast as your mates.
Specially in the 90er dungeon ā€¦ i felt totaly out of place, when it was needed to kill mobs of enemys. I focused down the death sentence spammers ā€¦ but i really could only contribute at boss fights then.

In normal density maps. Single target dps will be better then aoe or dotā€¦
You can run around as Archer and oneshot flying types with twin arrow or oblique shot.

I grinded a bit in a flying kepa map, at around 102 or so. Because i missed quests and didnt find them then xD. When you do 3k crits on enemys, isntant killing them. Swordys that run around there too ā€¦ start spamming ā€œSTOP IT!ā€.
Cause you kill them before they reach them ā€¦

1 Like

I plan to get Wugu C3 and Cannoneer , but I canā€™t decide on first 3 Rank yet, any suggestion? O_o

Well, seeing the limitations:

ArchC2/RangC1
ArchC1/RangC2
ArchC2/HunterC1

QS is not worth going C2 only, Sapper C1 either.

4 Likes

QS could still worth it as C1 (Rank 2) but Iā€™d say that @Gunnrā€™s options are better.

So the choices I have in mind is Ar C3 or Rg C2 ,have to think about these two =_=

Keep in mind that Steady Aim doesnā€™t increase Wugushi poison DoT as (iirc) @zhouyu47 tested.

I know, itā€™s a pain ;w;