Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

yeah, if Mikos is really bow, a chaplain would be a good choice, because of most of it’s kit is about numbers of hit, so it does not have anything against bows and would allow chaplain to be far stronger than is now, because of the ranged atk, but i do not want to see this happening since would make a very good synergy with it, and 2 hidden classes with a synergy like that, i do not think is nice to have.
now on the other aspect of miko;i’m the only one who is thinking that MIko won’t have a main weapon attribute like most people are thinking? (swords-maces-rod)
i think that she may have a new sub weapon type like musketeer/cannon and the weapon would be similar like the one she is using on the gifs, or other types of prayers instruments since there is a lot of them
OR
she would have a special type animation like Monk, where the weapons simple disappears and she executes her animation.

Yeah, true true. It’s such a strong utility.

I’m just excited we’ll finally get an answer, with the introduction of Miko, to a question that has been bothering me a lot.

That question is: Can a single character have multiple hidden ranks in the same build?

Up until this point we haven’t had an answer. But since Chapplain is hidden, and so is Miko, we’ll finally be able to see if you can pick up more than one hidden rank per character… or if you are limited to just one single hidden rank per build. I.e. if Chapplains can get Miko in their build then we can mix-and-match hidden ranks, but if they aren’t allowed to take Miko then it means current Shinobis and Runecasters are SOL when the next hidden class is introduced in that tree.

Until now we haven’t had confirmation because no single tree actually has two available hidden ranks. Miko will change that though so I’m eager to find out the implications for my other characters.

Well we can look at it like this.
Yes Chaplain is a hidden class rank, but it is the only hidden class rank with a pre-requisite of needing a C3 to even obtain. Compared to the other hidden classes (Shinobi, & Runecaster), Chaplain is niche and cannot be taken freely like the others.

We may see in the future other hidden pre-requisite classes such a Chaplain, but as for Miko it could be said that it is truly the clerics first hidden class rank (unhindered by rank pre-reqs).

Edit: Of course this is assuming Miko has no pre-req ranks

If IMC sticks to their plan of 80 classes, and give every character tree the same number of hidden classes, we could expect then the max Rank to be either 8 or 9 now.

Rank 8 each character having 5 hidden classses, and Rank 9, 3 hidden classes each.

=>_<=

Oh, and I am okay with anything they give Miko, as long as she slaps things with a gohei.

ending in 8 9 or 10 is good to me , more than that idk how they gonna balance that many…

I don’t think a bow would synergize that well with chaplain, bow attacks are forced on 0 AoE attack ratio which always make them hit only one single target.

You get a lot of extra damage from chaplain by hitting 2 to 4 mobs at once, even if you have to waste time walking up to melee range…

Well, in pvp I guess it would be quite nice, though.

They have ClericC1 as a Rank Prerequisite :UU
Okay but honestly I’m oddly sure this is how it’s programed, given weapon usage attributes are naturally given to R1 classes elthough they are hidden as was demonstated by the glitched characters that began with a higuer Rank than 1 as their first class in ICBT2.

I really hope miko goes to the archer. When I see “miko” i think of Kikyo from Inuyasha.

1 Like

I miss my Hoplite3Cata3 now, good old days.

I always assumed the answer to that was yes. Since they stated at one point they were considering not going all the way to rank 10 with normal classes and having rank 8 be the last rank with new circles (with rank 8 circle 3 therefore being the highest attainable advancement, at rank 10), and adding a bunch of hidden classes in rank 8-10 to give more choices there.

Personally considering the above I’m hoping we don’t get any more hidden classes that are below rank 6 or even 7. Otherwise you’ll have way more choice at lower ranks than higher ranks.

meaning meta builds are best, get all those good buffs and cc while you can.

im the opposite i would like to see some hidden classes in the 2-3 range. A lot of late rank classes are added on and the cores of builds are usually formed in the ranks 2-5 area. So i would like to see some low hiddens. Personally i think shadowmancer would be perfect for a low rank hidden to go along cryo and pyro at rank 2 or 3.
but each to there own i guess.

I don’t think the ‘cores’ of builds are formed in ranks 2-5. Nobody is asking “What do I go at rank 8 on my ranger/quarrel shooter/priest/highlander/bokor/whatever” they’re asking “What classes do you take in a murmillo/sage/mergen/inquisitor/whatever build”.

Sure if you jump in blind and just take 3 circles of the first interesting class you see, you might be wondering what to take later on that works with it. But I think most people are building for later ranks, not picking early ranks and then trying to complement them.

Question about KToS guys. Does anyone that plays it see or deal with any of the bugs that NA does?

• The team cutscene bug
  • The no class selection bug
  • The no world map bug
  • The auctions not appearing bug
  • The stuck in skill animation bug
  • etc?
1 Like

Thing is, in previous ranks you want skilsl that you know you’ll use alter not to mention skills that help you as you level.
The previous ranks are very much the core of your build as it goes on, as you pick clases to make your later choices better instead of picking whatever levels up faster but isn’t actually useful for your later class.

2 Likes

So your saying the core of 95% of swordy builds is not one of the following classes? Peltasta/Highlander/Hoplite/Barbarian/ swordy

For archer Quarrel shooter / ranger / archer

Wiz - Wiz/Cryo/Pyro/Linker/Psy

cleric - Cleric/Priest/Boko/Diev

I will admit there are a few exceptions but that sounds like the mass majority of the cores to me.

Sly’s point is that people create builds with the end in mind.

People who want to build a fencer will generally go for a combination of HL, barb, pelt1, keeping in mind that their early circles will have to be usable with a rapier stance. Likewise with doppel, you are likely to avoid cata/rodelero/squire, etc.

I mean, are you going to tell me that you will plan your later ranks based on your earlier rank selections instead of planning for the later ranks? How often do you see people asking:
“Hi, I want to build a highlander, what should I pick for my later ranks?”

Instead of

“Hi, I want to build a Doppel/Fencer/Shinobi/Dragoon, what shall I pick for my early ranks?”

…?

i’m sure a lot of people drop a little of the perfect build to have a easier time killing as they level up. grabbing archer 2 for the crit% because it takes a while to get equipment for full strength builds, and the like. or grabin’ pelt to get in parties when you don’t have much consistent need for the hp/evade buffs.

I get thats how people ask about builds but that doesn’t make the high rank part of the build the core. The core is in the ranks i mentioned before and that is a common consensus among players. View builds go through the forums you see the same things over and over in the low - mid ranks because they are the CORE to builds.