Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

Who told you to give up those two incredibly powerful rank 7 classes and choose Falconer C2 instead!?
…You are as silly as me!! :tired_face:

Seriously. When almost 90% of players on rank 7 choose rank 7 new classes (especially in the case of Archers and Clerics), and these classes are obviously stronger than other rank 5 C3 and rank 6 C2 classes, this phenomenon serves as an alert of how severe the imbalance of this game has become. I really hope the dev team makes more effort on balancing.

1 Like

Pretty sure they’ll just nerf RANK 7 when Rank 8 comes.

Just like Rank6 got.

“Oh do you like Snipe that much?Too bad it’s Musketeer C2 now.”

But yeah, Rank 5 classes at C3 are just too weak compared to R7.

Maybe(emphasys on maybe) they could start artificially adjusting so skills above lvl 5 start getting % bonus damage,so they scale better. For example, Backstab lvl 6 onwards starts giving 10% extra dmg each level.

2 Likes

Or they’ll just make R8 even more OP! XD
That kind of happens alot

Just imagine everyone’s builds at rank 10

Rank 7 class C1>R8 C1>R9 C1>R10 C1

This system is a nightmare at higher levels to design.

Anyone knows if they will stop making new classes at some point? I mean,we’ll have higher ranks where you can’t get a new clas s,just level one of your older ones.

They can just give you 45 points with all the skills available for the last rank so it will makes the C1 a true C3… who knows…

The older classes are completely useless … You have access to 80 classes and so will use the latest. Very disappointed with the class developments.

3 Likes

At this point I would doubt if there will be any new classes past rank 8. I am sure there will be a bunch of hidden classes within rank 1-8 but that would be about it.

Reason being if there was a rank 9 class it would be impossible to get to circle3 until the game expands.

i don’t know wich classes you are playing, but i use at least 1 skill of every rank i get

you’re probably doing something wrong

The problem is in the development…
Yeah, you can still use one or another from your first classes, but you “lose” most of your skill.

Let me explain better.
If you go C3 swordsman, C3 Highlander and C3 Barb you will probabily suck… no damage compared to R7/R8/R9 classes, even with C3 of your choices.

First time i heard about TOS, i loved the system simple because i tought i could chose any path i wanted(respecting synergies of course) and still be good. That doesnt happen at all… Might me doable… but not good.

3 Likes

let me see … only the skills of buff or the CC ones … that if any old class you have chosen has it

But yeah … only 1 skill, for each class … still nothing for me … I wanted a class that had only traps, but this can be easily overcome by 1 hit kill the Musketeer class

I totally agree with you

I like what they were doing with runecaster’s Ice Rune and Chaplain–the backwards amplifiers. Classes that specifically amp up the old classes I like that.

You could make enchanter amplify the effect of Damage and/or Stat buffs. Suddenly Thaum maintains it’s role.

And it’s not like you can’t just balance for state of the game. You can just go in and directly buff classes that aren’t scaling into the new content when you need. And if you’re worried about imbalancing early game just make sure the buff or rework is all about improving scaling. That’s development 101.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

the reason why skills were moved down was because there were too many on C1 at the time and the extra skills were moved down to the new rank like intended…

1 Like

I got some stuff set up to get an updated translation going in the Korean client using some of the patch files used on the latest English steam ToS client. Here’s how you can get it installed:

1. Download language.ipf from this URL: https://mega.nz/#!MVpS1TxQ!WSP2e72MxLzxVsHsJfRMERb_BA6vq6hx8qCTomX7108
  2. Download the latest ToS translation by going to https://github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation and hitting the ‘Download Zip’ button.
  3. Put language.ipf into your treeofsavior\data\ folder. You might want to backup your existing language.ipf.
  4. Open the english translation zip, and extract the contents of the EnglishTranslation-master folder into your treeofsavior\release\languageData\en\ folder. If you aren’t overwriting files, you’re doing it wrong. If you don’t have the original tos english patch installed, go do that first.

This should be roughly the current status of the iOBT preparations, to give you a good idea of where that’s at at the moment.

11 Likes

Mary e Doddler q.q!

I don’t care!

1 Like

I never said it’s impossible, all im saying is:
-A R7 skill will always have more damage than a R1/R2/R3 Skill, even if you go C3 for what you choose.

The way i thought it would be:
-Every skill use a % of your physical/magic damage.

Simple as that.

So, even if “X” class is R1 or R9, if you like you can do it (well).
And please, dont come with this utopic idea of “anything is possible” ok?.. there’s a world between do something and do it well and there’s nothing to do with being meta.

I still like the game, still gonna play… it’s just not what i were expecting and that’s not a problem.

2 Likes

looks like it’s almost done :open_mouth:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

this sounds like an accurate description on how i’m going to play itos :smiley:

melstiiiiis
turn undeaaad

4 Likes