Tree of Savior Forum

KRtos (class, content) vids & discussion : first post = retiari & onmyouji vids (CLOSED TOPIC BY REQUEST)

“Falconer 3 is dead and Mergen has no synergy with Falc3 now”

Finally a video with a decent geared character!

2 Likes

Falcon3 mergen is still nice with some AoE gear. Inje is one of the strongest falcon3.

@Pokart Dragon Soar 3 overheat! Slash attack is nice after barb cleave. This is why I prefer x - hoplite3 - barb1 - dragoon3 build for burst over doppel1 version. (cleave 3 overheat, dragon soar 3 overheat)

2 Likes

“B-B-Believe me, that class is perfectly viable, you only need lvl 100 enhance attributes, at least 6k minimum patk, full solmiki, 3 lvl 10 centaurus cards and AoE atk ratio hats!!! ;_;”

C’mon, man. Any build in this game can perform well with so much silver investment. He even uses :sadpopo: after being unable to kill a group of monsters using Circling + Homing Arrow and had to finish them using Pheasant, which is his best skill. The only Falconer skill that still has good synergy with Mergen is Aiming.

Yeah, it’s awesome! Dragoon was my first character and changed my build to Lancer during Renewal rank reset event. Now I’ll make another character to become a Dragoon3, because I like Lancer too. Since I already have a 2H spear character, this one is going to use Spear+Shield, so I’ll test Sword1Pelt1Hop2Barb1Doppel1Goon3 and Sword1Pelt1Hop3Barb1Goon3 to see which build does better.

I just hope they don’t regret buffing Dragoon too much just to nerf it again in the next Renewal.
:tired:

2 Likes

The game is balanced around such investment, you can’t pretend to hit 330, be bare naked, and perform well.
Having 70-80 attributes takes no effort at all, and transcendence is really easy nowadays with price dropping and 3 shards a day per character… also, since you get nearly 90% if your investment back everytime you destroy your weapon, everyone at some point will have their level 10 trascendence.

TLDR: you are entitled to not like the changes, but refrain from talking about investment and performance if you’re not willing to do even half of that on a character. :slight_smile:

Archers in General need a lot of silver investment in my opinion.

I have an Ele3Warlock2 and with pevordimas staff (+8 no trascendence) it’s generally better in PvE than my Falc3 with Astra bow (+7 stage 3), it kills faster bosses and clears waves of mobs faster.

Honestly i can think of OP elewarlocks, BokorPlague doctors, murm-shinobi and doppels but no OP Archer class.

I’d like to see what a Mergen without that AAR can do, because it’s my favourite class

@RyogoKusama

Well, if you’re happy with a character that needs that much investment to be enjoyable, it’s your choice. And see, I’m not saying that Falc3 is bad, but you’re being delusional thinking Falc and Mergen still got good synergy. Mergen is actually on a pretty poor place right now. But, since Falc skills are great to kill groups of mobs and Aiming+Arrow Sprinkle is a great combo against bosses, I guess they can still complement each other well.

By the way, you sounded like this guy in your post, but another guy showed how better a character with a strong build can perform with low lvl gear compared to a weak build. There are more examples of that disparity in this game, so saying that “the game is balanced around such investment” is completely wrong and you must be blind for not seeing it. Some classes do perform well without too much investment, but other classes are only viable if you put a lot of money and dedication to it, but they’re still weaker than other classes with the same gear investment.

PS: Inje has Pheasant attribute at lvl 100. That costs more than 74 mil. You’re crazy if you think that takes no effort. Good luck trying to do the same with Mergen skills.

If only they buffed Fletcher a bit, then Fletcher3Mergen2 could be a good choice for a build that isn’t focused on AoEAR, but Mergen2 is so underwhelming that it might be weak anyway.

3 Likes

What makes me skeptical of Mergen2 is the huge SP cost that all rank 9 have

Nowhere in my replies I said Archers are on par with characters like Doppels or Murmillos, I have been playing for more than 1 year, and my two mains are a Mergen and a Doppel, you don’t need to tell me anything about it.
I know the differences, on equal gear and investment, between them, myself quite well.

But saying that Falc3 is dead only because it doesn’t perform like a broken shinmurmillo is nosense, you’re asking for more broken mechanics instead of fine tuning.
Falc3 direction surely needs some tweaks but it’s not dead at all, and even if you don’t like them, these changes were needed because old Falc3 would have been too OP with Mergen, and you know why if you ever played with one.
The only lifeline in the past was that you couldn’t have them both in a single character, and obviously this changed when R9 hit kTEST/kTOS, so they needed to change it somehow or you would have been able to steamroll ET floors alone.

About attributes, you can’t be serious here, 74m for a level 100 attribute is laughable, and if you can’t afford it you could always keep it at 80 (which cost 1/4 of that) and upgrade 3 other abilities of the same rank, with the same total amount.
Every class performs differently and every class has an attribute silver sink, some classes have fewer skill to upgrade and others have broken built-in mechanics, but this means you have to balance them, not make everything else as broken as them.

Lvl 10 enhancement card (+5400 card exp).
Instant 1 -> 10

9 Likes

Yeah but that’s just in PVE and, at the end, we know that getting +15/+20 weapon with good trascendence makes almost any build capable to solo anything, also, in PVE u depend not just on you, u have a party/guild helping you

In the case of Memeillo, it excells in both PVP and PVE, its so damn broken even with the same gear, even with almost no investment in STR, its just as broken as it was before the big damage update

I didn’t say that. Are you even paying attention? Drop your strawman already, I literally said Pheasant is the best skill Inje has in his build and that Falc3 is great to kill groups of mobs.

Again you didn’t pay attention when you read my post. I said I could give more examples of the class performance disparity in this game.

Are you sure you know what you’re talking about? Those changes have nothing to do with the interaction between Falc3 and Mergen1. What Falc3 has to offer to Mergen1 is Aiming, which remained the same after Falconer changes. You’ll still be able to wreck bosses with double Arrow Sprinkle (with Rogue’s Capture) on Aiming. What has been lost is the interaction between Circling and Mergen skills and that’s a thing we had with Falc1 as a filler for Mergen builds. We didn’t had to wait for the R9 patch to have that, we can enjoy that interaction since R8 hit iTOS.

Oh my, now 74 mil in raw silver is laughable… If you say so.

1 Like

Someone had to do it :haha:

3 Likes

When balance is done correctly, developers raise the lower-performance classes to match the “intended power” classes. You can’t fault me for expecting IMC to do the same. I understand your disappointment though, given their track record.

Yes, 74m silver is laughable right now, you may want to think back before May update, when making rough silvers meant running DG170 with Scout3 dummies endlessly or monopolizing a demon prison/royal constructor’s chapel channel with a Warlock2, and if you couldn’t afford either of those two methods it meant endless grinding for low profit results… back then, having a Rank 6-7 attribute at 100 meant A LOT, now not so much, unless you started playing very recently, because the silver income per day has become higher thanks to R8 map changes and monsters nerfing, it’s just a matter of how much time you want to invest and compared to before it’s WAY easier.

Also, Circling changes have nothing to do with any Mergen/DPS interaction? Really? That’s basically the only reason he needs to stack AAR compared to before.

I can see from the tone of your last replies you are on a personal crusade here now, anything good that could’ve came out from this discussion just went out of the window, so I’m not gonna reply any further just for the sake of playing talk and back.

Good luck with your Falconer3.

This reminds me of thau 3+some other wiz classes and krivis chapa inqui atm :tired:

mergen c2 skills are the biggest joke I have ever seen :joy: especially jump shot

5 Likes

Oh my god, am I expressing myself that badly? Please re-read my post:

While you said this:

So what I meant is that they removed the interaction between Falc1 and Mergen by changing Circling, while leaving the specific interaction between Falc3 and Mergen the same (Aiming and Mergen skills).

Ugh, I didn’t mean to get personal on this or offend you, so I must apologize for getting myself too carried away specially on my previous post, but you kept insisting that I said or implied that “falc is dead” besides your not-so-friendly tone in your TLDR and in the following reply, so that pissed me off. Again, sorry for being rude and for my aggressive tone on my previous post.

Well, I don’t have a Falconer3, but I have an alt character that is Falc1Mergen1 and one of my best friends in this game mains a Falc3.

Oh, and maybe you could share your secrets on a separate topic about how to get 74m raw silver so easily, because I play ToS since iCBT2 and I’m struggling to finish gearing up my alt characters even though my silver income is much, much higher than before May, but not anything close to 74m in a short time.

1 Like

Well yeah, that should be the proper way to do the things but, then again… IMC :tired:

Does the popularity build list in ktos site still exists? i’m confused about the ranks to get on my SR3 and PD2 :frowning:

No. It is not working. Rank 9 SR3, pick rogue1/2 or bullet1. PD2 pick PD3.

2 Likes

rogue1 is now so much good to have in builds for any build which can afford a filler.