Tree of Savior Forum

[KTEST] Onmyoji Skills

So, the way I read your response is: Wiz3>Thau3>Sorc>Onm2 will still be good against WBs, but only with good gear.

Is that accurate?:slight_smile:

its hard to test now, cuz we still waiting for omni patch, but atm many wiz builds are good :slight_smile: thauma 3 is good for party too and omni 2 is good damage dealer :stuck_out_tongue: but mostly aoe so no idea about boss fight ^-^ā€™ā€™ stll this build should be fine with good weapon

Against WBs? They have 16000 defense right now.

If youā€™re full SPR, well, Iā€™d expect you to have anywhere from 600 to 1000 SPR and maybe 150 to 250 INT after factoring in both gear and Swell Brain. So if you have (600 + 150) to (1000+250) total SPR/INT, then you should receive an extra 1529 ~ 2213 matk from Swell Left Arm 16 and 719 ~ 1052 matk from Swell Brain, for a total of 2248 ~ 3265 bonus matk.

A primus raffye staff at Enhance 11 Trans 7 after the implementation of the upcoming item transcendence patch (which I expect to happen more or less around the same time as the Onmyoji patch) would have 4,959 matk as its base value. At 150 ~ 250 INT youā€™d have 575 ~ 825 base char matk. Five LV7 red gems in the staff will give an average boost of 775 matk (since all it does is raise your min~max matk by 0~1550). All in all, youā€™d have a grand total of 8557 ~ 9824 matk for your base damage.

Against 16320 mdef, your base damage before any skill factor would be 1651 ~ 2092. Onmyojiā€™s tree skill with LV50 attribute does 296% matk per hit for 9 hits (1 overheat, 30-sec cd). The white tiger spirit skill does 788% for 3 hits (3 overheat, 25s cd). The water-element skill, 605% for 5 hits (2 overheat, 35-sec cd). The big earth spirit skill, 310% for 9 hits (2 overheat, 20-sec cd). Assuming you have something like 3000 bonus damage from Blessing, Sacrament, and the cat, then depending on your gear-based INT bonuses youā€™d do:

• A total of 70,974 ~ 82,728 damage with the tree * 1 cast * 2 rounds per minute = 141,948 ~ 165,456 DPM
  • A total of 48,027 ~ 58,452 damage with the tiger * 3 casts * 3 rounds per minute = 432,243 ~ 526,068 DPM
  • A total of 64,940 ~ 78,280 damage with the water skill * 2 casts * 2 rounds per minute = 259,760 ~ 313,120 DPM
  • A total of 73,062 ~ 85,365 damage with the earth skill * 2 casts * 3 rounds per minute = 438,372 ~ 512,190 DPM

Youā€™d have a total DPM of 1.27 ~ 1.52 million (21.2k ~ 25.3k dps), not counting the additional dps from your boss summon.

Try comparing that DPM against the classic Wiz3-Ele3-WL3 dps build. Iā€™d calculate it for you, but I need to do my dailies and some other stuff. But just as a quick reference, a full-SPR thau3 autoattack Enchanter with the exact same equipment would do 19,120 ~ 21,823 damage per hit after factoring in the three lines of damage and bonuses from Blessing, Sacrament, and Lightning Hands. Thatā€™s equivalent to 38.2k ~ 43.6k overall damage per second, again without factoring in summon dps. I would expect elelocks to be capable of achieving more or less the same thing, but without having to worry about stuff like ping or maintaining a constant stream of attacks while dodging the WB skills.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t sound too encouraging. If Iā€™m a guy who wants to go full SPR on a Wiz, want to support, but also dish out good damage, would you then recommend a Wiz2>X>Thauma3>Sorc>SM2 over the Onmyouji variant?

No, Onmyoji would be fine with that build. Wiz3>Thaum3>Sorc>Onm2.

SM would probably pair better with linker 3.

If you want to dish out good damage the main thing you need is good gear, and youā€™ll be fineā€¦

no one wanna make psycho-onmyo ?

i wonder what element will you get if you use lightning enchant from enchanter and the fox spirit ?

This class seems ideal for pure aoe builds. Would a Wiz3/Ele3/Sorc/Onm2 work?

good luck managing your SP and skill rotation

I imagine a 25% int/75% spr build should work with me since I have a Transcended weapon and a Marnox. I had tried an aoe build before, but this class seems to cover what felt was missing.

ah I just realized that you can just go full INT + SPR gears from armors and I think Rune Caster is better for an ele3 variant (mdef shred + rune of ice)

you cant have both lightning attrib and fox fire for psychic pressure and gravity pole at the same time since you need enchanter2 for the lightning attrib

So, Iā€™m just hoping in the Onmyoji hype train. Is Wiz3>Ele3>RC>Omn2 the best build? Iā€™ll reset my Wiz3>Ele3>Wl3 and my goal is to Raid and ET with this character

I really want to try a pyro/psycho build and make some use of my agny neck. It seems like a typical synergy. Then again, agny only affects original fire spells, not enhanced non-elemental ones.

its the best? imo wiz3thauma3sorc1omn2 is better,

thatā€™s what Iā€™m building too

What are the ā€œbestā€ onmyoji builds right now? Iā€™m coming back to the game and iā€™m planning on using the reset to get oneā€¦

But since iā€™ve been far away from the game i donā€™t know how wizards are in the moment

The last major patch reworked a few Wizard jobs and there is more synergy now with more focus on personal preferences in what you want in your Wiz. https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1305 Todayā€™s patch will give us the new hidden class and 1 free rank reset - meaning you wonā€™t be able to ā€œtestā€ the new class, as once you select the Onmyoji, youā€™d best like it because you will have to do Adventure Journal farming, wait for another event that gives a reset, or level a new Wiz just to change to an old build.

Just scroll up if you want some build ideas. That is what the topic is about anyway centering on this job.

Donā€™t forget to wait if you guys want the FREE special costumes :tired:

No need to wait it was just a date error, youā€™ll be able to get the costumes as soon as you unlock the class.

1 Like

do you need to unlock or advance to get the costume ?