Tree of Savior Forum

[KTEST] Onmyoji Skills

What do you guys think? Onm would definitely need quickcast/surespell since the cast times are long

How would the standard eleWL3 compare

1)Wiz3>Ele3>WL3
vs
2) Wiz3>Ele3>XX>ONM2

Does warlock skills still do more damage as compared to Onm skills? (PoA/Masterma/Demon Scratch vs the Tiger/Tree/WaterThingy/Earthquake thingy)

Onm seems nice with 4 new offensive skills and short cd+high overheat. But will we be able to spam that many skills in the first place?

Yea I had the same thought about elementalist with onmyoji. Onmyo provides even more big AoE skills that makes elementalist seem less needed. On the other hand, since wiz3 is so important, kind of a waste not going elementalistā€¦ by the way, I think warlock provides better single target than onmyo (dark theurge, pole of agony)

Build wise, I like wiz3-elem3-pyro-onmyo2 for flame ground + meteor, and enchant fire for AA.
Another one I like is wiz3-elem3-thaum-onmyo2, simply for extra damage. Many people like runecaster for R7, but I personally donā€™t think rune of protection is that important. Rune of justice/destruction is less needed since elem-onmyo has lots of skills. Rune of ice only helps hail and the new water arrow onmyoji skill.

Edit: and for no Elem build, wiz3-thaum3-sorc-onmyo2, full SPR.

yea, i dont like ele-onmyo builds too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: too many skill simo :slight_smile: i will go for wiz2 link3 sorc1 rc omn2 full SPR :slight_smile:

Full SPR needs thaum3 or sorc2 imo.
Is linker good in huge AoE builds?

Iā€™m currently Wiz3 > Ele3 > Sorc1 > Sage2 and when Omn comes I might do Wiz3 > Ele2 > Sorc2 > Omn2 or something. Iā€™ll see which oneā€™s better between Sorc2 or Ele3

i dont want aoe build :slight_smile: i want hybrid build, omni nad sorc = aoe new linker skill = bosses skill :wink: i till be my fun-alt char :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking at the translation of the shieldā€™s description. If Iā€™m reading it correctly, incoming damage is reduced by 35%, but the damage will be done to SP instead of HP, SP recovery is disabled until the shield is down, and of course the shield drops when SP is empty.

How effective would this shield be compared to Enchant Earth? Sure, Omyojiā€™s shield is definitely more potent and is much better to have when farming/mobbing, but reading the description makes me feel that itā€™s not going to last very long against endgame bosses (like the Unique Raid boss) or mobs in CM7+, and in those situations itā€™ll be terrible to lose all your SP and take an SP pot to regen it, as youā€™ll be running around all over the place avoiding damage and waiting to recover enough SP to reset the skill rotation. On the other hand, Enchant Earth, while it reduces much less damage than Omyojiā€™s shield, it lasts as long as its duration and applies to the entire party too.

there is a youtube video with onmyoji soloing some challenges with that shield, so imo its not so bad

1 Like

Can you please put the link up here?

Thanks.

Wiz3 Thau3 Sorc1 Onmyouji2 Turtle shield CM5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB3PCfKjbv4

2 Likes

me like what i seeā€¦ just to compensate dmgā€¦ thaum3 only wayā€¦ sustain sorc1 and a large area onmyoā€¦

It seems like if you go Onm2, you wonā€™t really have the luxury to use much of other skills.

Would we be able to fit in ele3 skills effectively since Onm2 skills cover so much more area (if we go ele + Onm). I feel like we still might be able to utilize meteor and storm dust (is that the name of the new ā€œfrost cloudā€), but not hail or electrocute (overheat 4).

I suppose Onm2 is more for AOE damage, while WL3 is more for single target dps?

Tree + 3 frost lord card itā€™s so good new cryo itā€™s hereā€¦

That is the build I had in mind, full SPR.
There is still a bit of downtime in that build though, but definitely not enough to fully utilize elementalistā€™s skills, like @icyruios said.

Sighā€¦ I just wish I can squeeze in sorc2 in that build, but Wiz3-thaum2-sorc2-onmyo2 is not idealā€¦

Iirc, thaum3ā€™s swell brain is getting a quick cast attribute? Perhaps wiz3 will be less needed?

yep thauma 3 is nice so wiz 2 can be good too ;x to baad we cant go wiz2thauma3sorc2omn2 :frowning:

@ONIone or at last 1 hydra card for bigger damage :slight_smile:

@icyruios thats why i dont like onm with ele3 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: too many skills imo :smiley:

@game8bravo yep thauma3 will be very good with omn :slight_smile: still i want to test my build too ^-^ nevertheless too bad we cant go wiz2thauma3lsorc1rc1omn2 :frowning:

I will pyro3ele3omn2 cause petrify will increase fire damage 50% and combo with pyro, so i will lvl 15 petrify/ lvl 10 stormdust /lvl5 meteor/lvl 15 proeminence from ele3

Pvp? Stone curse donā€™t even scale well plus the huge cooldown.

1 Like

This is my planned build, full SPR.
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#2111aaa6kk.213d5f617a85.1f243842516a75.157585.768197aab1c5
At least level 6 on both FireFox and WhiteTiger for the attributes.

Sorry for the necro, but @alavien1, how does the build perform against world bosses? If you havenā€™t done actual tests, just in theory perhaps? Thank you!

u mean omn2 with thauma3? its still thauma so imo will be not so bad for partys :smiley: still its aoe build but with good weapon it can be nice

1 Like