Tree of Savior Forum

Korean's reactions and some informations about korean OBT

Daino increases the ‘Max limit’ on how many buffs you can have up simultaneously. If you go Krivis, it’s a must.

And yeah, Monstrance still scales.

I wouldn’t worry much at all from what the OP said. If you take a glance at the Korean forums you’ll find a much more varying opinion.

K-testers on the Korean server also played many different cleric classes, full support was never popular.

In fact, one of the top cleric pvper’s incorporated Paladin into his build.

In fact, one of the top cleric pvper’s incorporated Paladin into his build.

Link to the Build kudasai, @FatePGN -sama

or a close enough estimated build in ToS simulator,

I don’t have his exact build, but what I can remember is him having cleric > priest (at least circle 2 for the auto revive in PvP and invincibility) > Paladin (unsure how many circles) > Plague Doctor (for the damage and anti-cc to go along with his near invincibility).

Of course, times have changed. The build probably isn’t as optimal as it can be for PvP, his build centered around not dying, or going invincible and reviving automatically, as well as having complete cc immunity and damage from incineration.

It’s definitely a good build for arena pvp, but I don’t think it’s all that great in the open world gvg.

1 Like

i see, i cant really fit paladin in PvP support build, but i want the paladin costume so bad.

im guessing he just lures enemies into his barrier while his team does turtling-tactics inside of the barrier, as it acts like a giant safety wall.

I don’t think Monk and Sadhu are that good in synergy with other classes (or very unique), while Pardoner and Dievdirby are not exactly something it would work. This leave out Paladin. Some people go Priest / Krivis as well to skip classes between C3 to C5.

Full support is not viable due to weak heal, short duration and long cooldown, and SPR built does not work very well. They are no longer heal bot, but they are buff bot, every minute or two needs to re-cast something less impactful.

Sorry for late reply. What you must know is that there is restriction about creating nexon ID with one cellphone number. I have some on-line foreign friend and already helped them to play TOS and Maplestory2. So, sadly, I have no more space to create more ID. XD

1 Like

Korean gamers have meme, Putting “dung”, “Jot (Jot means Dick)” on sh*t game’s name.

For example, in case of SC2, players who don’t like SC2 calls game name “Dungtarcraft 2” or “Jotarcraft 2” In same logic, another example, DOTA 2 can be translated to “DungTA 2”

This meme includes sarcasm and puns, so Tree of savior’s full name has too long pronunciation in korean, to apply this meme. This is because we call TOS “dung tree 똥나무” instead of “Jot of savior” or “Dung of savior”

I suggest arriorstar’s korean friends are really gentlemen or just have no willing this profane meme to foreign friend.

1 Like

As you know, It is fact that full support cleric is non-popular while CBT. It is natural that Everyone wants to be hero or heroin.

But in OBT, Exp gain from grinding became much lower. Everyone says grinding under 130lv almost worthless. Grinding in higher level is also inefficient, So best leveling up method in now OBT is doing quest, and players MUST get in instant dungeon to proper level to get quest. Grinding? It has very low efficiency so It’s a punishment. (takes intense 5~10 hour for 1 level)

Problem is this. It’s very hard for (almost impossible at 130lv dungeon) monk or paladin to get in instant dungeon party around 130~160lv. My friends who played monk and paladin, all abandoned their main character around 120~130lv.

What a sad story…

find people to play with.
Guilds.

Or simply make them see your worth taking up.

xD

When i came as fletcher into an instant dungeon party.
The reaction was overall “Meh … guess we got our 5 people now.”, after the first run … people began questioning.

We suck a killing trash mobs swiftly (groups of them), but we fletchers can nuke bosses to oblivion. If they’re flying types and cloth or leather … it’s even easyer.

Archer tree got an huge buff atm.

Maybe monk three will get a buff too. Like reduced cd on palm strike and handknife (sounds so much toriko …).

Yes but as soon as people reach Pardoner, it will become less popular like iCBT, kCBT2/3, kTEST.

That’s because you can just buy buffs/scrolls to get all your buffs, and they last much longer. Their effecticeness (attribute loss) is usually not even bad.

Also you don’t need to even grind till 130+ in kOBT so long as you do alternating quests, however most players have not realized this yet in kOBT, and since they haven’t, you will hear complaints.

Monk/Paladin is a hard class to play/get into, and that is something I completely agree with, but that does not mean it’s preferred/worse than a full support.

It’s still the early game in kOBT, so most people have yet to figure out much besides kTEST players and a few people from the older CBT’s, although a lot has changed.

I think it is the developer have yet to figure out the stats distribution. The purpose of SPR does not even exist. Max SP and SP recovery only needed in low level, and many buff / magic alignment does not make use of SPR.

So far the game is one dimensional, perhaps due to them rushing the game. Many things do not fit with the core mechanism. Classes are mainly one primary stats, and you cannot mix it up.

While this is true, this isn’t what I was referring to. We were talking about the opinions of the Koreans, class progression, and class choices.

Stats is an entirely different matter. Also SPR does make a pretty large difference. Maybe not for max SP or SP recovery, but it does fall under the stat formulas for many cleric skills that tend to have scaling.

It may not be as important as INT/STR/CON etc. But as a secondary stat it’s great, and why items like animus exist, which give tons of SPR. The point isn’t to focus entirely on it, but it most definitely has it’s uses.

I agree though that the stat system needs some work.

Regardless of KOBT/KTEST/CBT, if Cleric is the main class who has SPR scaling, and it is at most a secondary stats (as you suggested), then don’t you think there is a big issue with it? Clearly there is lack of Class Choices, as the choices of having different stats for another type of game play is missing as compare to Ragnarok. WIthout the choice of choosing another Primary Stats, it makes little difference than any other game without stats distribution, but armor stats to the adjustment.

Ideally, SPR should be sustain for both magic defense and sustain for skill damage (you have more SP and CC to compensate the INT burst), but it seems the game is poorly designed due to rushing? I am not seeing their skills follow their game/stats mechanism. They have the mechanism/theory, but they are simply ignoring it.

Again, I agree there are some issues with SPR and stats in general, but also this was not the topic of discussion.

2 Likes

Will there be a Rank 8 for classes at some point?

I don’t think my suggestion is perfect, and I like the OP defining good stats within the Armor.
Perhaps you can put your thought on this as well:

Oh, thank you for your explanation, i also asked my Korean friend about this meme and they say its when someone does not like the game.

Overall, do you think ToS is popular in Korea? I feel it is a nice game however some things need to be changed.

Also, what is your opinion on BDO? Does the Korean community enjoy that also?

Every nations gamer community has it’s habits.

But heck, we all love RO like grahpics.
Specially people that life in the birth land of ro.

Atleast that’s my impression on it.

“If you take out terra and it’s swarm of neglige loli chars for real bucks” …
I have seen a video of a stage walk (literally) when i was browsing for info, before the EU realese … Instant turn off.
I played a bit then, to see how the combat feels (actually good).

But as soon as i enter a major city … i feel disturbed.
Cuteness is justice … but that.

After reading this : In-depth article regarding kOBT (in Korean, translation needed)

I kinda knew that was going to be the first impressions.