Tree of Savior Forum

[Suggestion] Stats improvement and Passive Attributes Improvements

For every X point of STAT (where “X” is a number and “STAT” is STR/INT/DEX/SPR/CON.):

STR:

• Physical Attack (min/max)
  • Critical Attack
  • Physical-Based Negative Effects Amplification (X% chance) (ie. Bleed, Stun, Knockdown etc.)

INT:

• Magic Attack
  • Magic Amplification
  • Magic Penetration (Ignores X% of Magic Defence)

DEX:

• Critical Rate
  • Evasion
  • Block Penetration

CON:

• Health Points
  • Health Recovery Rate
  • Physical Defense
  • Block (Works only if equipped w/ shield)
  • Physical-Based Negative Effects Resistance

SPR:

• Mana Points
  • Mana Recovery Rate
  • Magic Defense
  • Magic-Based Negative Effects Amplification (X% chance) (ie. Burn, Freeze, Sleep etc.)
  • Magic-Based Negative Effects Resistance

Some Passive Attributes Suggestions/Improvements:

Weapon Masteries.

Slash Mastery (Swordsman, Cleric, Wizard.)
When equipped w/ One/Two -Hand Sword, X% chance to inflict Bleeding on enemies.
Notes:

1. Wizard can also wield Sword though restricted on One-Hand only, For Fun Builds only.
  2. Should Scale to STR.
  3. Higher chance on Cloth-Armored enemies.

Pierce Mastery (Swordsman, Archer. )
When equipped w/ One/Two -Hand Spear, Dagger or Bow, X% chance to ignore Physical Defence
Notes:

1. I’d like to suggest bringing back Pierce Attack from Archers. All common sense in the World suggests, Archer should have Pierce Attack.
    Missile Attack is more of Ranged-Magic Attack imo.
  2. Should Scale to STR. If Archer, Scale to DEX.
  3. Higher chance on Leather-Armored enemies.

Strike Mastery - Swordsman/Cleric/Wizard
When equipped w/ Mace/Fist (yep Fist for Monks. if ever they will implement Fist weapon in the future.)
X% chance to inflict Stun on enemies.
Notes:

1. We already have Blunt Mastery but i think Strike is more appealing. just my opinion.
  2. Wizard can wield Mace, For Fun Builds only.
  3. Should Scale to STR.
  4. Higher Chance on Plate-Armored enemies.

Magic Mastery - Wizard/Cleric
When equipped w/ Staff/Rod/Wand, Increase Elemental Attacks by X amount.

Notes:

1. Affects Skill-Based Attacks
  2. Does not Affect Auto Attacks
  3. Should Scale to Int

Armor Masteries.

Shield Mastery - All Class
When equipped w/ Shield, increase Block by X amount.

Note:

1. Should Scale to CON.

Cloth Armor Mastery - All Class
When:

• Equipped w/ 2 pieces Cloth Armor, increase Mana Recovery Rate by X%.
  • Equipped w/ 3 pieces Cloth Armor, decrease received Magic Attack by X%.
  • Equipped w/ 4 pieces Cloth Armor, decrease Mana Consumption by X%.
  • Increase STA by X amount.

Notes:

1. Should Scale to SPR.

Leather Armor Mastery - All Class
When:

• Equipped w/ 2 pieces Leather Armor, increase Evasion by X%.
  • Equipped w/ 3 pieces Leather Armor, increase Movement Speed by X%.
  • Equipped w/ 4 pieces Leather Armor, increase Attack Speed by X%.

Notes:

1. Should Scale to DEX

Plate Armor Mastery - All Class
When:

• Equipped w/ 2 pieces Plate Armor, increase Health Recvoery Rate by X%.
  • Equipped w/ 3 pieces Plate Armor, decrease received Physical Attack by X%.
  • Equipped w/ 4 pieces Plate Armor, increase Weight Capacity by X%.

Notes:

1. Should Scale to STR.

Note that this is just a suggestion of mine. if ever implemented, balancing will be up to the devs.

Like the idea of some of them, but first, would like to re-define stats:
STR

• Physical Attack (min/max)
  • Reduce Block Attempt
  • Physical-Based Negative Effects Amplification (Status Alignment)

INT

• Magic Attack
  • Magic Amplification

DEX

• Critical Rat
  • Critical Attack
  • Evasion
  • Hit Rate
  • Block Mitigation

CON

• Health Points
  • Health Recovery Rate
  • Physical Defense
  • Block
  • Block-Based Negative Effects Amplification (Status Alignment)
  • Physical-Based Negative Effects Resistance (Status Alignment Resist)

SPR

• Mana Points (note, this is meaningless if skills do not consume more, and leveling will increase mana pool regardless)
  • Mana Recovery Rate (note, this is meaningless if skills do not consume more, and leveling will increase mana pool regardless)
  • Magic Defense
  • Magic-Based Negative Effects Amplification (Status Alignment)
  • Magic-Based Negative Effects Amplification (Status Alignment Resist)
  • Buff effectiveness (including Blessing damages, this related to Magic-Based Negative Effects)

Note:

• High CON/SPR will negate auto-attack, since it does not have skill damages
  • Skill damages with high STR/INT will over power CON/SPR
  • CON scaling with HP will be better than SPR adding Buff effectiveness, even includes some damage skills
  • DEX having Crit Attack allows it to scale, rather than diminishing return when getting high percentage of Crit or Evasion
  • Block Penetration is removed and replaced with Block Mitigation, because DEX should be mitigate and allow to scale, works similarly to defense, but only against skill damages
  • Max SP and SP regen will be meaningless, as SP consumption does not scale with level.

Edit: Move Magic Status Alignment to SPR

They need to put some focus on dex. its OP. Most folks that like to skill spam such as monk are just going full dex. this stat should not have this much power. IMHO

I was thinking they can scale it from 300 points to 900 points, to make up of the difference, they can move Crit Attack to DEX and reduce the Evasion. Increasing defense will not hurt.

But I agree, there is something wrong with DEX. Due to diminish return with very low and very high points, it will have massive difference. And if they are to separate into AGI and DEX, they should decide it sooner.

They should just merge INT with SPR and separate DEX into AGI and DEX

New DEX
-Hit rate
-Crit Attack
-Crit Damage

AGI
-Evasion
-Block
-Attack Speed

I think the original idea is:
INT - One strong/Power cast
SPR - Mitigation from magic defense, CC and consecutive casts with more SP.

However, since SP consumption does not scale with INT (plus long cooldowns), so they never had the balance. Having buff / CC along does not make it for it. Their only way is to make use of auto-attack (Priest), but the increase Max SP does not make any difference at high level, which leaves SPR pretty useless.

Merging them may not be a bad idea, but both Cleric and Wizard will be one stats class, which could be OP.

As for splitting DEX, I will not object to it, but they will not add Attack Speed, because this will prevent them from making unlimited levels. Attack Speed or Cast Speed is a big NO for them. With that being said, AGI will be very limited.

SPR is useless to begin with, at least for magician. Cleric has SPR scaling skills, we can just cut those in half.

The original stat they had in mind, at least on the interview, is STR increase both Physical and Magical attacks, then they taught thematically, it doesn’t make sense so they split it to STR and INT, that’s the reason INT sucks so bad, it’s just an after taught.

You had to put a lot more to AGI than just Evasion and Block so I thought why not Attack Speed, it should increase it in a very little increments. Or maybe just add Critical defense on it?

I think you didn’t read my reason why SPR and INT cannot merge, because that will ended up Cleric and Wizard being a single stats class (even Wizard is mostly single stats).

As for AGI and DEX, as I said, I am not objecting, but you cannot put Attack Speed, because when they add another 300 level, then the attack speed would go crazy. Besides, the current DEX is not weak, but the effectiveness gap is too wide, and once you reach it, it has a diminish return. Eg. at 300 DEX, you will crit everything, do you need more DEX? But when you only have 50 DEX, does it feel any difference with no DEX? They just need something that can scale to infinite for DEX, and see how it looks.

Again, there is no way they can merge SPR and INT, it makes INT base class OP by only having 1 stats.